Re: Lancaster's second bomb scare

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I was in school

As was i 8-)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Suzi Quatro » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:07 pm

And everything was delayed due to this bomb scare. Local Transport companies used it as an excuse to delay their services and take a couple of hours out. It is high time some organisations undertook some contingency palns in order to evaluate alternative routes. We would never survive in the second world war these days.
Suzi Quatro

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:14 pm

Suzi Quatro wrote:And everything was delayed due to this bomb scare. Local Transport companies used it as an excuse to delay their services and take a couple of hours out. It is high time some organisations undertook some contingency palns in order to evaluate alternative routes. We would never survive in the second world war these days.

Oh the fucking golden age, bring back world war 2, things were so much better in those day.
durhamshrimp

Postby Splodge » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Suzi Quatro wrote:And everything was delayed due to this bomb scare. Local Transport companies used it as an excuse to delay their services and take a couple of hours out. It is high time some organisations undertook some contingency palns in order to evaluate alternative routes. We would never survive in the second world war these days.

What exactly do you propose these transport companies do? There was only one alternative route into Lancaster which was probably jammed with traffic, so there would be no benefit to sending buses that way, particularly as the route isn't the most suitable for PCVs anyway.
Splodge

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Splodge wrote:

What exactly do you propose these transport companies do? There was only one alternative route into Lancaster which was probably jammed with traffic, so there would be no benefit to sending buses that way, particularly as the route isn't the most suitable for PCVs anyway.

a thought

could suzi (tha luv of my life) be on the council payroll :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ockers » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:33 pm

wonder hopw they will react to this then
ive got my supply of heinz tins candles matches lampoil bog roll toothpaste water in now
but not telling where me hidey hole is though................ :shock:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 55127.html
:o
ockers

Postby captain sparkle » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:41 pm

wonder hopw they will react to this then

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 55127.html
:o[/quote]

What a load of cobbler's awls!!!
No one can predict solar flares, though it's true to say the sun has an 11 year cycle and will be at it's optimum around then, the last time it happened we got to see this
the aurora borealis from my back garden in heysham, not enhanced or coloured in any way.
There were some terrific displays across the bay too, just wish i'd had my camera and tripod at the time!
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Return to General Discussion