craig stanley

Re: craig stanley

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:05 pm

If any player can't buy into the management ideas or beliefs, so much so that they then question those ideas and beliefs, then they really shouldn't be here. The players are accountable to Sammy, not the other way round. It is similar to John Terry and the party of players who apparently approached Fabio at the World Cup in South Africa, before quickly being rebuffed. All hail King Sammy.
RedRedWine1

Postby Opinionated » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:26 pm

RedRedWine wrote:If any player can't buy into the management ideas or beliefs, so much so that they then question those ideas and beliefs, then they really shouldn't be here.

True, but if the manager has asked for the players views, which he did, then he has no right to penalise Stanley or anyone else for doing so.

ezz wrote:Hate to say it but bacon face ferguson will chuck any player who answers back or questions his methods regardless of how good they are........seems to work fine for the most successful manager in england.

I disagree, how many of United's top players have left the club because Ferguson doesn't like their attitude. The answer is none. There are some big personalities in the United team such as Berbatov, Rooney, Evra. In the past Ronaldo ha fallen out with Ferguson, but he dealt with it. Berbatov is a prime example, shocking attitude as im sure Shrimper will tell you, however Ferguson took a risk on him as he knew he could control Berbatov. Surely Sammy needs to do the same with Craig. What worries me most is the rumours about Sammy falling out with other players. If this is the case then it's Sammy who is the common denominator and therefore it is he who has the problem.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:31 pm

[quote="Opinionated
I disagree, how many of United's top players have left the club because Ferguson doesn't like their attitude. The answer is none. [/quote]

Jaap Stam ??
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Opinionated » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Opinionated wrote:I disagree, how many of United's top players have left the club because Ferguson doesn't like their attitude. The answer is none.

Jaap Stam ??

Alex Ferguson - "At the time he had just come back from an achilles injury and we thought he had just lost a little bit. We got the offer from Lazio, £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29. It was an offer I couldn't refuse"

There's not that kind of money in football anymore (Manchester City excluded)
Opinionated

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Opinionated wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:
Opinionated wrote:I disagree, how many of United's top players have left the club because Ferguson doesn't like their attitude. The answer is none.

Jaap Stam ??

Alex Ferguson - "At the time he had just come back from an achilles injury and we thought he had just lost a little bit. We got the offer from Lazio, £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29. It was an offer I couldn't refuse"

There's not that kind of money in football anymore (Manchester City excluded)

Fair point ! I think Stam's autobiography had something to do with it as well though, if I remember rightly. Not that I have any interest whatsoever in ManUre.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mfcbro » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:43 pm

The problem with this thread is that most of if not all is based on rumours and hearsay.People shouldnt comment if they dont know the truth.
mfcbro

Postby Opinionated » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Stam claimed in his autobiography that United made an illegal approach for him when he was at PSV. So maybe that statement from Ferguson is covering up the real reasons for Stam's departure, so you may be right.
Opinionated

Postby shrimpinho » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:07 pm

mfcbro wrote:The problem with this thread is that most of if not all is based on rumours and hearsay.People shouldnt comment if they dont know the truth.

Exactly! Theres been "well a player has said this" then the player in question has refuted such claims, etc etc.

Its down to speculation and rumours something we don't need at the club in this moment in time.
Its a topic that should be left well alone, until there is factual proof, then everyone is entitled to their say on the situation. As mfcbro has said, most people don't know the truth and are speculating.

Look the players are professionals, getting paid for playing for our club and as shown on saturday they provided a professional performance at southend and fingers crossed they'll provide another against barnet.
shrimpinho

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Opinionated wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:If any player can't buy into the management ideas or beliefs, so much so that they then question those ideas and beliefs, then they really shouldn't be here.

True, but if the manager has asked for the players views, which he did, then he has no right to penalise Stanley or anyone else for doing so.

ezz wrote:Hate to say it but bacon face ferguson will chuck any player who answers back or questions his methods regardless of how good they are........seems to work fine for the most successful manager in england.

I disagree, how many of United's top players have left the club because Ferguson doesn't like their attitude. The answer is none.

1. David Beckham
2. Dwight Yorke
3. Ruud van Nistelrooy
4. Paul Ince
5. Roy Keane (although he wasn't a top player any more by the time he and Fergie fell out)
The Fury

Postby Opinionated » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 pm

How many of those fall outs were exaggerated by the media?
Opinionated

Postby The Fury » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Opinionated wrote:How many of those fall outs were exaggerated by the media?

Fair point.
The Fury

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:18 pm

mfcbro wrote:The problem with this thread is that most of if not all is based on rumours and hearsay.People shouldnt comment if they dont know the truth.

Nice thought but that would just mean the board would be virtually empty, apart from word associations and favourite albums!

The words: apparently, think, reckon, don't know, may, dunno, assume, maybe, according to, seems, assuming, rumours, allegedly and speculation have been used on numerous occasions but the outright winners mean this thread is just full of if's and but's 8-)

I'm sure when it all comes out in the wash all will become clear, so come on Les get that powder out quick! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

Nice thought but that would just mean the board would be virtually empty, apart from word associations and favourite albums!

Agree entirely. If I managed Morecambe FC I'd tell every player that if I found out they'd been reading Shrimpsvoices, I'd fine them a weeks wages! It's a load of crap, that is INTENDED to be a load of crap! A place for fans to let their feelings be known and to share gossip and rumour like we would in the bar after the game. It may be worth the board reading it (as they do-hello!) to gauge their 'customers' but anyone who takes Shrimpsvoices seriously needs to take themselves outside and shake their head!

This originally appeared in The New Yorker magazine, probably more than ten years ago. As true today as it was then...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm

You misinterpreted my post a little, not neccessarily transferred straight away though a few have had that treatment but benched to make a point, that the boss is the boss and his word goes. I can think of many examples other than fergie of players being benched regardless of their ability it all comes down to if you dont play my way you wont play and if thats Sammy's philosophy then he's perfectly right.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Previous

Return to General Discussion