o/t worst album of all time

o/t worst album of all time

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:03 pm

:?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: o/t worst album of all time

Postby Opinionated » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Planet Jedward - It spent two weeks as the Irish number one album :lol:

End of topic.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:52 pm

Anything by Robbie Williams
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 am

Queen. Hot Space.

Awful, awful, awful, awful ...........
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 am

forget the name of it but there was one in 89/90 by the La's a Liverpool so called version of Stone Roses who had a top tune out "there she goes " i thought to myself i cant wait to get the Album

and when i did guess what "there she goes" was the only tune on it very disappointed
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 am

DawZi wrote:forget the name of it but there was one in 89/90 by the La's a Liverpool so called version of Stone Roses who had a top tune out "there she goes " i thought to myself i cant wait to get the Album

and when i did guess what "there she goes" was the only tune on it very disappointed

Self titled album Dawzi. The La's.

I bought it off ebay the other week after hearing "There She Goes" (again after many years !!!) on that DFS advert. Rest of album, like you say was utter dross.
Promptly resold on ebay !! For a profit as well !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_La%27s_(album)
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:44 am

I am going to get SLATED for this, but one of my worst albums of recent times just HAS to be by Muse, The Resistance.

I just LOVE that track that Mark plays at The Globe pre-match, Uprising.

So, I bought the album. On the strength of that ONE track being a stunner. What an absolute depressing pile of tosh dobbins the rest of it is. :evil:
Seasider9601

Postby Opinionated » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I am going to get SLATED for this, but one of my worst albums of recent times just HAS to be by Muse, The Resistance.

I just LOVE that track that Mark plays at The Globe pre-match, Uprising.

So, I bought the album. On the strength of that ONE track being a stunner. What an absolute depressing pile of tosh dobbins the rest of it is. :evil:

I don't like Muse either, I think it's Matthew Bellamy's voice which I just don't find appealing. Having not listened to the album in question I would presume it isn't the worst ever and just a disappointment. If your citing 'depressing' as a reason then surely Joy Division are worth a mention :geek:.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 pm

I must confess to knowing nothing about Joy Division apart from, the obvious !!

Went to a Francis Dunnery (ex It Bites) gig in Kendal last year where he covered THAT track (Love Will Tear Us Apart) and it was, simply stunningly brilliant.

The version also appears on Frank's latest studio album.
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Queen. Hot Space.

Awful, awful, awful, awful ...........

The thing about Queen is that they never did a great album but they are still the greatest band of all time.
as for the worst album of all time, anything by Wings
halftimeresults

Postby Freez » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Have to agree with the Muse - Resistance comment, Muse started out with Showbiz in 99, powerful, melodic yet orchestral, Origin of Symmetry In 01 built on this, they polished the sound but kept the edginess for Absolution then added lush arrangements and production tricks with searing guitars on Black Holes and Revelations. How do you top it, by losing the bite, wimping out and becoming fluffy and almost poppy! Really disappointed. However, they were amazing at Old Trafford live.
BTW I think Sheer Heart Attack is a masterpiece, but can see why it would annoy!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

EY EY EY, Jedward are absoluteley amazing. :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

cant agree e Queen never doing a great album

Postby Arnside Red » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Queen 2 is pure genius and Sheer Heart attack a close 2nd, also Wings, i can see why people hate em, me i love em, Band on the Run fantastic, re issue due out shortly,
worst album of all time for me was never mind the bollocks, well maybe not the worst but the most over rated over hyped, by the time the album came out music had moved on
Arnside Red

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Freez wrote:Have to agree with the Muse - Resistance comment, Muse started out with Showbiz in 99, powerful, melodic yet orchestral, Origin of Symmetry In 01 built on this, they polished the sound but kept the edginess for Absolution then added lush arrangements and production tricks with searing guitars on Black Holes and Revelations. How do you top it, by losing the bite, wimping out and becoming fluffy and almost poppy! Really disappointed. However, they were amazing at Old Trafford live.
BTW I think Sheer Heart Attack is a masterpiece, but can see why it would annoy!

Me too (and I'm no big fan of Queen).

Worst album? Anything by Bryan Adams, Guns 'n' Roses (or anyone with 'n' in their name!), Jon Bovi, Pet Shop Boys, Chris de Bleeeuuurgh, Billy Joe L., Aeroshite or feckin AceyDeecy.

U2 close behind (talk about load of fuss about nowt!); Mockney wannabes Blur as well (though I like a lot of Mr Albarn's later incarnations).

Yes I'm taking out my frustrations on this thread!

PS Never Mind the Bollocks? - joke album at the time but has aged remarkably well (sits next to Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits on my alphabetised album shelf, which is a bit of a sad indictment of summat - me probably!)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:33 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:EY EY EY, Jedward are absoluteley amazing. :lol:

quoted so this thread can be revisited in time for your 18th birthday, a bit like those embarrassing photos that get printed in The Visitor! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:31 am

"Nolan Sisters" , by erm, no, sorry, can't remember.

"I'm in the mood for dancing" is the interrogators preferred choice of white noise.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby CASS » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:45 am

Having got the first two LP's as they where then and enjoyed them I got a few bob together
and bought the third LP by the Police..Zenyatta Mondatta..which turned out to be the biggest pile of shite I have ever spent money on ...Oh I forgot about the Mitchells Bitter ...
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Suzi Quatro » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Anything created by X FACTOR! simple as that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suzi Quatro

Return to General Discussion