craig stanley

Re: craig stanley

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:11 pm

A midfield with rundle drummond stanley and duffy would do well for us, stannners breaking up play and delivering it to rundle or duffy, stuart drummond could sit back a bit and dictate play in front of the back four, roache is our best player by a mile, but the skipper has to be a centre half or centre midfield, we would look a lot more confident in the middle with proven confident players :!:
Last edited by mrpotatohead on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:28 am

i would like some of the rose tinted lot on these forums to comment on this subject instead of being selective
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:07 am

DawZi wrote:i would like some of the rose tinted lot on these forums to comment on this subject instead of being selective

totallt agree dawzi. The main contributors always seem to back down when it comes to serious talk. Just been with a couple of the players and they basically confirmed all the thread but they said that they didn't agree woth any of it.

One of them described mossy as the best rb at the club !!!! Too many carlsbergs i think!!

I love Morecmba fc!!!
Sammy h

Postby Opinionated » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:01 am

Sammy h wrote:Just been with a couple of the players and they basically confirmed all the thread but they said that they didn't agree woth any of it.

What the hell does that contradiction mean? :lol:
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby marky » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:02 am

I assume he means the players allegedly said to him that everything within this thread is true and they don't agree with what is happening?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Opinionated » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:10 am

marky wrote:I assume he means the players allegedly said to him that everything within this thread is true and they don't agree with what is happening?

Thanks for clearing that up, your are clearly fluent in intoxicated Sammy h language :lol:
Opinionated

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 am

Marky, I can't believe you understood that :lol: Do not remember posting that at all, must have been on my mobile!!
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:03 am

All this seems really odd.

I do worry for Craig Stanley, he is one of the better players in the squad and in certain aspects of play you could argue he is the best. But this is not the first time that he has rumoured to have had words with the management, or the first time he has been transfer listed.

Whilst some fans have questioned Sammy's decisions and tactics, and no doubt badgered some of the players that live locally (like Craig, Garry and Drummy; part of the problem I think, all three have rumoured to have fallen out with Sammy at one point or another) I think it is a dangerous for players to be questioning the boss. From Sammy's point of view, if you can't buy into his plan and you are going to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room, then you are probably better off being shipped out. Keith Hill said a similar thing a couple of months ago when he did a rather ironic spot on motivation and leadership at a function that I went to with work.

I don't think there will be many clubs from this level coming in for Craig, as good a player as he is. Unless he wants to be playing further down the pyramid I think it would be a wise move for Stanners to try and build some more bridges with Sammy, and in the future learn to keep his mouth shut.
RedRedWine1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:10 am

RedRedWine wrote:All this seems really odd.

I do worry for Craig Stanley, he is one of the better players in the squad and in certain aspects of play you could argue he is the best. But this is not the first time that he has rumoured to have had words with the management, or the first time he has been transfer listed.

Whilst some fans have questioned Sammy's decisions and tactics, and no doubt badgered some of the players that live locally (like Craig, Garry and Drummy; part of the problem I think, all three have rumoured to have fallen out with Sammy at one point or another) I think it is a dangerous for players to be questioning the boss. From Sammy's point of view, if you can't buy into his plan and you are going to be a disruptive influence in the dressing room, then you are probably better off being shipped out. Keith Hill said a similar thing a couple of months ago when he did a rather ironic spot on motivation and leadership at a function that I went to with work.

I don't think there will be many clubs from this level coming in for Craig, as good a player as he is. Unless he wants to be playing further down the pyramid I think it would be a wise move for Stanners to try and build some more bridges with Sammy, and in the future learn to keep his mouth shut.

Why?
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 am

Nobody came in for him the last time he was transfer listed for a start.

He does the simple things well which we all appreciate, but speaking to opposing fans and reading the various managers snippets about our team he hardly gets a mention. His problem is that there are lots of players of his ilk throughout the league who have far more experience than he does at the moment. And he doesn't score enough goals. Look, I like Stanners, we'll just have to wait and see where he ends up if as rumoured he is transfer listed. My money is on him still being here, or in the league below.

One player who does seem to get praise from the opposition quite regularly is Mark Duffy, which no doubt some will see as bizarre (I do) when you have a consistent performer like Stanley pulling the strings in the middle. I heard some moaning old git saying how much a waste of money Duffy was after another free-kick narrowly failed to clear the MBW stand against Chesterfield last week. I don't think we would lose any money if Duffy was to be transfer listed (purely hypothetical). I believe he is one of the few players currently on the books who is a saleable asset.
RedRedWine1

Postby Opinionated » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 am

RedRedWine wrote:One player who does seem to get praise from the opposition quite regularly is Mark Duffy, which no doubt some will see as bizarre (I do) when you have a consistent performer like Stanley pulling the strings in the middle. I heard some moaning old git saying how much a waste of money Duffy was after another free-kick narrowly failed to clear the MBW stand against Chesterfield last week. I don't think we would lose any money if Duffy was to be transfer listed (purely hypothetical). I believe he is one of the few players currently on the books who is a saleable asset.

As you said Stanley does the simple things well and therefore goes unnoticed. Whereas Duffy is always involved and isn't afraid of taking a chance by trying something which might not come off. Sometimes he has a shocker, other times he is a world beater but either way he is heavily involved. He always looks like the one player who will create us a chance. For every over hit cross or misplaced free kick he gets the next one spot on. In recent weeks he has put some pin point crosses in which haven't been converted by the strikers. He also seems to be beating defenders for fun at the moment.
Opinionated

Postby marky » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:45 am

With Duffy I think it's a case of he's capable of some outstanding play but can sometimes try a little too much. Personally, I don't have a problem with that. He's one of my favourite players at the club and I don't get some of the criticism. He's one of the few flare players we have and is a great asset, as you say. Craig Stanley, whilst generally consistent, is playing at the highest level he'll ever play at and the only teams I could ever see coming in for him are Conference sides or newly promoted/very poor league sides. He's nothing special in terms of a league 2 player but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player for us. I've been critical of him in the past but he started the season well so should really be in the side.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:21 pm

I never understand this Craig's got an attitude problem we sometimes here to me he seems one of the most popular lads in the dressing room now if he did have an attitude problem then surley this wouldn't be the case. Also as well as been a popular member of the team he always gives 100% now if that's an attitude problem I wouldn't mind all the players having the same attitude.

On Duffy I think he is the most improved player this season set up a good few goals and seems to have cut the silly mistakes out.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby dave wilky » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Every team needs a wild card.....STANNERS IS OURS.....
we are a better team with him .......no question....
lets get on sammys back saturday with a rousing rendition of...GET STANLEY ON.... 8-)
dave wilky

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:00 pm

dave wilky wrote:Every team needs a wild card.....STANNERS IS OURS.....
lets get on sammys back saturday with a rousing rendition of...GET STANLEY ON.... 8-)

hear hear :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpinho » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:01 pm

or get behind whichever team sammy picks. I'm sure stanners will get his chance again with the team and put in the performances.

for now a winning streak will do :D
shrimpinho

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:44 pm

STANNERS IN A BABE, I LOVE YOU STANNERS!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby ockers » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Statistically and interestingly we have 4 points from 6 without him and we only got 2 points from 5 games(15pts) with him
based on saturdays performance its saying a lot about those players who played that even Fleming with four goals can't get in
who'd be a manager......................
ockers

Postby bigreddog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:42 pm

thankless, impossible job. like the old saying goes when it comes to football opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one. I think the real trick in management is just to have a clear set of beliefs and stick to them. some people may call it being stubborn, I call it strength.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby shrimpinho » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:53 pm

bigreddog wrote: I think the real trick in management is just to have a clear set of beliefs and stick to them. some people may call it being stubborn, I call it strength.

one of the best posts i've read.

stamp your style on the club, and if your successful that style will stick.
shrimpinho

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:48 am

ockers wrote:

Statistically and interestingly we have 4 points from 6 without him and we only got 2 points from 5 games(15pts) with him
based on saturdays performance its saying a lot about those players who played that even Fleming with four goals can't get in
who'd be a manager......................

yes but statistics can be misleading. IMHO we would have had 6 points from the last 6 with Stanners in the side. He had been one of the outstanding players in the opening games of the season.
Stanners has been left out before and fought his way back in and I think that will happen again.
On another point how long has Tony Capaldi signed on for ? If Wilson gets the hump at losing his place and moves on what will happen when Capaldi leaves at the end of his stint?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 am

A change can only be a good thing, wan't it last season our 8 game winning streak started when we had a makeshift midfield? Obviously it's not been working so far so a change can only be good regardless of who it is thats been dropped and for whatever reason.
Who actually expects all football players to have perfect attitudes? Many of them are there purely because they think for themselves and voice their opinion on and off the pitch.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby alwaysright » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am

Hmm interesting, the players and management have a clear the air meeting, the manager hears stuff he doesnt like then drops the players for speaking out, Now in my eye's the manager isnt big enough to accept anything that he doesnt agree with and spits his dummy out and that reeks of bad management.
alwaysright

Postby ezz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:33 am

Bad management?? Are you joking? What do the players know about managing a team?
Hate to say it but bacon face ferguson will chuck any player who answers back or questions his methods regardless of how good they are........seems to work fine for the most successful manager in england. If players dont like Sammy's ideas then they are less likely to stick to the plan and if every player isn't in sync thats where mistakes happen and game plans go down the toilet.
The manager manages......the players follow, only those good enoguh to have a free role 'given' by the manager can do otherwise. If the players dont like it find a new team.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 am

ezz wrote:Bad management?? Are you joking? What do the players know about managing a team?
Hate to say it but bacon face ferguson will chuck any player who answers back or questions his methods regardless of how good they are........seems to work fine for the most successful manager in england. If players dont like Sammy's ideas then they are less likely to stick to the plan and if every player isn't in sync thats where mistakes happen and game plans go down the toilet.
The manager manages......the players follow, only those good enoguh to have a free role 'given' by the manager can do otherwise. If the players dont like it find a new team.

Good post Ezz. Especially this bit, The manager manages......the players follow
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion