Bradford away - please someone help !!!

Bradford away - please someone help !!!

Postby Morectalk » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 pm

I am planning on going to Bradford away in a fortnight, but with a house full of females, they have decided we should "make a nice day of it". They don't want to watch the footy, so any ideas as to where to drop them not too far from the ground for a few hours of retail therepy. I've not been to Bradford before, so I don't know the area at all - help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morectalk

Re: Bradford away - please someone help !!!

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Maybe Leeds would be ok but your wallet might take a hammering :lol: :lol:
Blackburn shrimp

Postby bill ding » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 pm

I seem to recall there is a Halfords nearby, but i dont think they will be able to spin that out for a couple of hours. ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Aldi and netto arre both in walking distance of the ground,I shop at neither as they are full of tramps though :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Morectalk » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:11 pm

I like the Halfords idea, but as you say, would be hard to spin that out for a few hours. Not going so well yet lads, any more :idea: ideas ? I'm thinking Arndale's or anywhere with a Primark - easy place to lose your family if you are a bloke !!!!!!!!!!
Morectalk

Postby nobbyshrimp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Valley Parade is almost in the centre of Bratford so you shouldn't have too much trouble, although typical man, i have no idea or want to know, what the shopping is like :) Must be less than 2 miles to the centre.
nobbyshrimp

Postby Morectalk » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Well at least it is near something then. Took them to Chester last season & they spent 4 hours looking around the industrial estate & Toys R Us etc. ;)
Morectalk

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:55 pm

you could drop them off at Skipton it looks like a nice little market town with plenty off shops to browse in and then pick them up on the way back with three points in our shopping bag :D
Blackburn shrimp

Postby 4G63 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Go via the A65 and dump them in Skipton or Ilkley
4G63

Postby Morectalk » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:58 pm

That's worth a thought, although it knackers up the possiblity of any beer. ;) Thanks though, I feel a plan coming together nicely.
Morectalk

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:05 pm

If they are in to film &/or photography, the National Media Museum would fill an afternoon quite easily... for free!

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:15 pm

FREE :!:

Now you are talking :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Morectalk » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:42 pm

That's not a bad idea, went there a few years ago as a parent helper on a school trip, it was excellent. They had a load of playable old video games from the eighties which took me back !!
Morectalk

Postby bill ding » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Morectalk wrote:That's not a bad idea, went there a few years ago as a parent helper on a school trip, it was excellent. They had a load of playable old video games from the eighties which took me back !!

Ah yes the eighties ,when Bradfud had a hugh sucesful football team . :D
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Opinionated » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 pm

[EDIT: I removed the initial, already edited by the poster, message and the follow up comments. This is so that the thread can return to the original subject. I will remove further 'off topic' comments in this thread although they can be posted in a new thread if the person who posted thinks it worthy of serious discussion. I've left the public apology in case people saw the original post but didn't see this response. Good to see that self moderation and peer group stopped the thread descending. Thanks, Keith]

Opinionated wrote:Ok, sorry on my behalf, it was a silly post made after a few too many :oops:

mrpotatohead wrote:Thats fair enough, we all do it in the pub,glad to see it resolved so quick without moderation needed.

Thanks for the forgiveness, I genuinely didn't mean to cause that reaction and also it was not a serious comment e.g. the kind of risque joke you tell to a mate that knows your joking.

I was naive, and once again sorry.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby shrimper » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Last time I took the family we went to the ice-skating for an hour or two, then had a reasonable meal in a nearby Wetherspoon's then went to the game. Good day out.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:38 pm

oh glen, you are a nice bloke, but you are no piers morgan :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:39 pm

I went to Bradford by train last season, the ground is about a mile and a half from the city centre (otherwise I've travelled from Morecambe and been dropped off at the stadium in a mini-bus). For such a big city, I thought that it was quite limited in terms of shops and facilities. They were however, building what looked to be some sort of large shopping complex. I doubt this has been finished in six months though. Looked like a crap night out.
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:00 pm

For a city the size of Bradford there is not a lot to do to be honest. While where on the subject is it a walkable distance to the stadium from Bradford Interchange been before but went by coach aslo any good pubs near the ground that have Sky Sports?
heysham_mfc

Postby Morectalk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Cheers for all the good stuff - can you believe that women folk think that I can drop them off at the Trafford Centre on the way & then pick them up on the way back!!! Unbelievable :roll:
Morectalk

Postby Morectalk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:02 pm

By the way, it's not going to happen. 8-)
Morectalk

Return to General Discussion