Q/a from www.weststandviews.com

Re: Q/a from www.weststandviews.com

Postby Opinionated » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:15 pm

Name: Dave

Years supporting Morecambe: 10

Prediction for game versus Southend: 1-1 although we are due a win

Morecambe player to look out for saturday: Not sure as there were a few changes to the line up last week. Having said that Barry Roche (Keeper) will probably have another busy game!

Favourite all time match: 2-1 Conference play off final victory at Wembley.

Favourite Morecambe player: Craig Stanley (Midfield), consistent performer for many years. Keeps possession well, great vision and passing ability. Lots of energy and drive.

Whats the chairman like: Don't know him on a personal level but he represents everything that is great about our club. During a time when clubs are going out of business, he doesn't spend money that the club doesn't have. Also willing to give managers more than enough time to impress.

Who is your local derby match: Accrington. I hate them and their Ultras.

What can be done to increase the crowd: Free admission. Seriously people in the area just aren't interested in their local team, it's a real shame they would rather sit at home watching Man U.

Is the manager doing a good job: Bottom of the league but I know he will turn it around. We were in a similar position last season but finished 4th so no reason to worry just yet.

Favourite Morecambe manager: Have only watched the club under two managers. Jim Harvey took us to the Conference and created an attractive team who consistently finished in the top half of the league. Sammy McIlroy got us promoted via the play offs at the second attempt. He believes in being solid and at times we are a little boring to watch but as long as this works then I don't care. Favourite manager? I can't decide.

Where do you see the club in five years time: We have come a long way and the chairman believes we can reach League 1. But I would be happy to remain in League 2.

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club: We have come a long way so there aren't too many ex players that could play at this level. However we have lost a few decent players in the last few years. Garry Thompson, Carl Baker and David Perkins would be welcomed back but if I had to choose one it would be Garry.

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why: Messi because he is the best player in the world who would excite the fans. He would also boost attendances!

Who do you think will win the league: Rotherham

Who do you think will come bottom: Macclesfield

Whats the away fans like vocally: Much louder than we are at home.

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting: Some are a little disappointed but the majority have faith in the management team and playing staff.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:07 am

DawZi wrote:Favourite Morecambe manager Brian Clough

I don't think Brian Clough was ever a Morecambe manager! Apparently he was interviewed for the Morecambe position but was turned down for being too inexperienced, then got the Hartlepools (sic) job.

Perhaps DawZi was answering his favourite Morecambe manager that Morecambe have never had :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:26 am

Perhaps DawZi was answering his favourite Morecambe manager that Morecambe have never had

Kieth i was just paying the dude respect :D
George Dawes

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Sufcinpeace wrote:Hi again

Shall we talk about todays results for both teams " No " thats agreed then :(

You sure you want to talk about todays result sufc? I'm off to celebrate...see you at The Globe for another footballing lesson later in the season :D
Caged Lion

Postby Sufcinpeace » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Caged Lion wrote:

You sure you want to talk about todays result sufc? I'm off to celebrate...see you at The Globe for another footballing lesson later in the season :D

Yep very happy to talk about it Caged Lion, you won we lost no complaints :D

Problem is for us we expected to be struggling for a long while and two wins on the trot gave us a false dawn, now reality is in place, people say " How can we lose to teams like Morecambe " my answer get a reality check we are no longer a Championship team, but a struggling Div 2 team, and considering Morecambe finishened fourth last season, it should be more of a case of we nearly got a draw
Good luck to your team your've been a good crowd to chat to on here and www.weststandviews,com, I'll be back during the season and the return match and when we draw you in the Fa Cup :lol:
Sufcinpeace

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Fair play to you sufc. Thanx for your input this week. I hope you don't mind us enjoying your local hospitality and various offerings over the next 8 hours or so! :lol:

Good luck to you, at least we all feel better now ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Sufcinpeace wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:

Yep very happy to talk about it Caged Lion, you won we lost no complaints :D

Gracious in defeat. Pity there aren't a lot more fans like you, after all it is only a game :o

Morecambe fans have been like a bunch of tulips that have waited too long for their water. It feels terrific and wouldn't mind a good soaking of the stuff over coming weeks.
Caged Lion

Postby Sufcinpeace » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:36 am

Forgot to mention the 66 fans who made the long trip,if we were to lose then at least those fans got their monies worth, well done to you all

General feeling for us now is hereford and Lincoln next two games will shape our season, so fingers cross the manager has the balls to change the team around

Personally think Sammy has got your team moving the right direction, however I donot think your guys will have an easier defence to crack for a while, Calpaldi looked a different class, how much do you think he is on at Morecambe considering the crowds you get, and Spencer looked a bit special in his half an hour cameo and could have got a brace on another day
Sufcinpeace

Postby Opinionated » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:43 am

Sufcinpeace wrote:I donot think your guys will have an easier defence to crack for a while

We play Barnet on Saturday :lol:
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Previous

Return to General Discussion