Southend predictions

Re: Southend predictions

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Heysham_red wrote:I'm not going to make a prediction as such. Instead I'm going to put my thoughts on what the outcome might means.

A win: Any kind of win would be amazing. Everyone will be happy and our season would finally start. :D
A draw: As a fan not going I would prefer a 0-0 draw (if it was to be a draw) to give some kind of confidence to the defence. I know our strikers are lacking confidence too but if Sammy goes with the predicted 1 up front at least whoever it is has that excuse to fall back on. But any draw would be a good point, although having said that, if we do still have our thoughts on promotion away wins will have to come sooner rather than later. :)
a loss (under 3): There is a lot of pressure on the team to get that first win and when you are on a bad run I have no doubt every loss hurts and the pressure mounts. But we have to be realistic, we are on a bad run, to get anything from Southend, when we all know we are terrible away from home and even more terrible when there is a long distance too, would be great. To lose would not be a disaster so long as we put in some effort and at least make a game of it. :|
a loss (3 or over): a loss by 3 goals would be very worrying. especially if we don't score. It will heap a huge amount of pressure on us. Its not nice being where we are and if we lose by 3 I worry that we could be struggling all season. Not to stereotype us fans to much but were not a fickle bunch however a loss by 3 or more will create (more) unrest and some will choose to speak out against sections of the team or the management. I really hope its not this one!! :shock:

.. Ok, if I'm to be forced into a corner, I predict a 2-0 win, with the shrimpers losing the second goal due to a late counter from us (it must be our turn to score late).

Good post mate.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Previous

Return to General Discussion