Q/a from www.weststandviews.com

Q/a from www.weststandviews.com

Postby Sufcinpeace » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi again

Shall we talk about todays results for both teams " No " thats agreed then :(

Ok if you ladies and gents could spare five minutes for www.weststandviews.com q/a all replies will be posted for viewing, obviously some that are not in the best possible taste will be deleted :mrgreen:

Im happy to answer any questions during the week for you people about Southend

Name

Year supporting Morecambe

Prediction for game versus Southend

Morecambe player to look out for saturday

Favourite all time match

Favourite Morecambe player

Whats the chairman like

Who is your local derby match

What can be done to increase the crowd

Is the manager doing a good job

Favourite Morecambe manager

Where do you see the club in five years time

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why

Who do you think will win the league

Who do you think will come bottom

Whats the away fans like vocally

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting

Much appreciated for your time and would it be ok if I link this site into our q/a on www.weststandviews.com,please feel free to register and have some banter before and after the game, and if you want the market day come Thursday its much cheaper, the summer plants are half price now :lol:

Good luck to you guys and girls for the coming season, had many years down in the basement so know how you must feel, as Arnie says " I'll be back " :roll:
Sufcinpeace

Re: Q/a from www.weststandviews.com

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Signed up
heysham_mfc

Postby Sufcinpeace » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Its been noted and replied on our board ( We are not talking much about the Northampton game :( on Wsv), now its going rain Sunday In Morecambe so no excuses not to fill out the q/a :lol:
Sufcinpeace

Postby Sufcinpeace » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Cough,cough anyone please :D
Sufcinpeace

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Just spent a bit of time answering your questions ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Sufcinpeace » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:59 am

And now on our site, anyone that doesnot want to register, please leave your answers here and I will copy and paste over,good to get a fans view on their club for our purposes

Much appreciated those that complete the q/a

May even give you a point saturday :roll: if you continue answering them :D
Sufcinpeace

Postby outsider » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:56 pm

done ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Sufcinpeace » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Thank you will be on front page to morrow
Don't be stranger for banter,mind you if we lose Saturday give it a day lol
Sufcinpeace

Postby Happy Harry » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Name Harry

Age Old

Year supporting Morecambe 30

Prediction for game versus Southend 1 - 2 (I can feel it)

Morecambe player to look out for saturday Craig Stanley - We will be looking to see if Sammy has seen sense

Favourite all time match Exeter v Morecambe (Wembley May 20th 2007)

Favourite Morecambe player - Jim Bentley (living legend)

Whats the chairman like - He's not the Messiah (but he is close)

Who is your local derby match - Accrington (est. 1968), but we have started to like each other. Bratfud maybe?

What can be done to increase the crowd - Start winning

Is the manager doing a good job - Not currently (results dont lie)

Favourite Morecambe manager - Sammy 2007 vintage

Where do you see the club in five years time - League 1, without doubt (The Chairman is very ambitous!)

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club - John Coleman (in about three games time ;) )

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why - Kenny Dalglish from 1978 - We need someone who can score goals

Who do you think will win the league - Shrewsbury

Who do you think will come bottom - Hereford

Whats the away fans like vocally - Twice as loud than at home bizzarely

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting - Still believing (for now)
Happy Harry

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Name Keith

Age 12 and a half (the half is important!)

Year supporting Morecambe err... 40 this year :shock:

Prediction for game versus Southend 1-2 Finally a win. We'll go one up, then defend deep but you'll equalise too early for your own good which will give us time to score a second.

Morecambe player to look out for Saturday Barry Roche, hated at Chesterfield, loved at Morecambe, player of the season, one of the best keepers we've ever had.

Favourite all time match Morecambe 4 Crewe 3. Losing 1-3 with four minutes left and we're down to ten men. When we equalised, Crewe were on the floor and we attacked again, looking for a winner... and we got it!

Favourite Morecambe player Currently, Jim Bentley. All time Keith Galley (although if you ask me next week I'll probably say John Norman. Unless I say Dave McKearney)

Whats the chairman like Shrewd, successful and ambitious.

Who is your local derby match Accrington Stanley. It used to be Lancaster but they went down, then Barrow but they went down, then Southport but we went up. We do enjoy watching Bratfud keep failing, mainly because they took the rip out of us and bigged themselves up but of course they didn't get promoted and we didn't get relegated, then the following season they didn't get promoted and we didn't get relegated, then the following season...

What can be done to increase the crowd Gently, gently steady. Attractive, successful football helps but we're going about things the right way.

Is the manager doing a good job yes, definitely, although it would help if we start our season in August with everyone else instead of November after ten games!

Favourite Morecambe manager Jim Harvey, he started the success at Morecambe. Sammy McIlroy took us in to the Football League and brought us some of our greatest moments, Wembley winners, beating PNE, Wolves and Coventry but Harvey started it moving.

Where do you see the club in five years time Yo-yo club between League One & League Two

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club At their best? Brian Healy

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why No idea! I don't really follow Premiership/world football. If it's not Morecambe I don't really care that much.

Who do you think will win the league Morecambe! Oh, okay. Rotherham or Shrewsbury.

Who do you think will come bottom Bradtfud Shi... Oh, okay. Sadly Barnet or Macclesfield

Whats the away fans like vocally Pretty good for the numbers. Friendly, good attitude, no trouble, never let the football spoil your weekend!

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting Understanding, patient but frustrating too. I think we were the last team in League Two to get a win last season but we finished fourth. We're after keeping that record... at both ends of the season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sufcinpeace » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am

Brilliant donot be shy keep them coming ;)

I'll do a Southend player watch later in the week, though we donot have that many :lol:
Sufcinpeace

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

Name: Glen Cooper

Years supporting Morecambe: 47

Prediction for game versus Southend: 2-2

Morecambe player to look out for Saturday: Mark Duffy, showing flashes of brilliance more often now.

Favourite all time match: No contest – play-off final v Exeter it had everything including a positive outcome for us.

Favourite Morecambe player: Currently, Andy Parrish. All-time, Brian Healy or Ian Cain.

What’s the chairman like: Posh cars and snazzy suits... oh I see. Ambitious but sensible – could throw even more at the club than he already does but knows that would set us up for a tumble if anything went wrong. His plans are to see us able to stand on our own feet, which is the only way to succeed long term.

Who is your local derby match: Accy for friendly rivalry, Bradford are good for the wind-up.

What can be done to increase the crowd: Start winning a few. Crowds have increased with the ground move but some will start to drift away if the results continue to disappoint.

Is the manager doing a good job: Ask me at the end of the season. Seriously. We’ve all disagreed with team formations, signings, substitutions and selections throughout his time here (as you do). But he can listen to all that, nod and shrug, then just point to the fact that he’s got us to our highest league position in our entire history each successive season he’s been at Morecambe.

Favourite Morecambe manager: Sammy Harvey

Where do you see the club in five years’ time: Difficult to say, it’s such a fragile situation at clubs like ours with small fanbases. I’d guess still flirting with the League Two play-offs, after a couple of seasons back in mid-table but I could be wildly wrong.

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club: In our current situation it’d be Garry Thompson – someone who could really put opposition defenders on the back foot with his pace.

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why: Drogba – one man strikeforce totally comfortable with a five-man midfield behind him (and there aren’t many who can do that properly).

Who do you think will win the league: Port Vale

Who do you think will come bottom: Barnet

What are the away fans like vocally: Enthusiastic, louder than their numbers would suggest and (generally) good-natured

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting: More patiently than many would – backed by realistic expectations and the knowledge of Sammy’s expertise in turning round poor starts.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Martin » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Name Martin

Age 51

Year supporting Morecambe 44

Prediction for game versus Southend 1-1

Morecambe player to look out for saturday If we're playing well, Craig Stanley. If we're playing badly, Barry Roche!

Favourite all time match Play Off final v Exeter at Wembley. That last 10 mins has to be the longest of my life!

Favourite Morecambe player Current squad: Andy Parrish. All time: Tony Webber

Whats the chairman like Has taken a cautious, steady but determined approach to progressing the club. He looks after the club and leaves the team to the manager. What more can you ask for?

Who is your local derby match Accrington - they like us though; we guarantee them 6 points a season! It's funnier to spar with Bradford and laugh at their embarrassment at sharing the same league with us!

What can be done to increase the crowd A better start to the season to keep the "occassional" fan coming. The new ground will help with its better facilities.

Is the manager doing a good job Right now I can't say yes, but he seems to have assembled a decent squad that should prove his ability once it gels

Favourite Morecambe manager The current one

Where do you see the club in five years time I can't see us any higher than league two at this present time. I'll be happy if that's where we are.

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club John Coleman

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why Gary Lineker. We need someone to live in the penalty area and know where the goal is when the ball arrives.

Who do you think will win the league Port Vale

Who do you think will come bottom Barnet

Whats the away fans like vocally noisy for the numbers

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting Most see our squad as one of the best and are waiting patiently for the turn around. Plus we've been here before.
Martin

Postby Sufcinpeace » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am

Once again us mods on www.weststandviews would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to answer these questions and popped over to the site for some banter, still three days to go,keep them coming and we will keep posting
Sufcinpeace

Postby The Marksman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Name James

Age 31

Year supporting Morecambe 14

Prediction for game versus Southend Unfortunately, as it's not November yet, 2-0 to the Shrimpers.

Morecambe player to look out for saturday Barry Roche - I think we might be needing him

Favourite all time match Playoff final 2007 v Exeter

Favourite Morecambe player Kenny Takano - didn't have a clue what he was doing, but was very enthusiastic about doing it. A (very) poor man's Ji-Sung Park

Whats the chairman like Can't fault him. Sensible with money, building slowly, not trigger happy....couldn't ask for more.

Who is your local derby match Accrington or Bradford for the same reasons as above. Chester were probably our most hated rivals but they're now pretty much extinct

What can be done to increase the crowd We dropped a bollock not having a better start to the season when there were lots of new people checking out the new stadium. Results and league position, basically.

Is the manager doing a good job You can't say no. He's always eventually improved the team, every season. Only problem is perhaps his stubbornness to abandon bad ideas - e.g. not using subs until it's far too late; only realising after several games and few points that half the players he's signed are no better than the ones we had (Michael Carr and that other bloke from Scotland two years ago); changing the tactics when we don't have players suitable for the roles he's asking for.... if it ain't broke, don't fix it, Sammy - if it is, do. Still, if he could realise mistakes quicker he wouldn't be our manager any more, he'd be at a higher level. Has a penchant for signing central midfielders

Favourite Morecambe manager Jim Harvey, although Sammy is close.

Where do you see the club in five years time I'll be happy with 11th in League Two.

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club Garry Thompson - unplayable when he felt like it.

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why Drogba on a two month loan. If Sammy's going to persist with 4-5-1 until November when we inevitably abandon it and go back to last season's tactics, I'd like our 1 to be someone capable of being a 1.

Who do you think will win the league I said Wycombe before the season started, so I'll stick with them.

Who do you think will come bottom Macclesfield.

Whats the away fans like vocally Like taking the only vocal section of the home support and transplanting them into an away end of someone else's club.

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting I'm just waiting for the inevitable change of tack before our season starts.
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 am

A bit selective with who goes to print :lol:

http://www.weststandviews.com/phpBB3/vi ... 733&p=4353
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Martin » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:20 am

marky No.1 wrote:A bit selective with who goes to print :lol:

http://www.weststandviews.com/phpBB3/vi ... 733&p=4353

I think discerning's the word you're grasping for there Mark! :lol:
Martin

Postby Sufcinpeace » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Sorry mate Im lost???

All are on the site under fans banter q/a section, have I missed something ?
Sufcinpeace

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:25 pm

Sufcinpeace wrote:Sorry mate Im lost???

All are on the site under fans banter q/a section, have I missed something ?

Yes, sorry I see your other posts now. :oops: Keith and James have their own seperate threads, whereas the other 2 are on the same thread.

You have to remember we are from up North! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Sufcinpeace » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:36 pm

No worries,just hope your defence is as slow Saturday :lol: :?
Sufcinpeace

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm

You didnt publish everyone.
Happy Harry

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:48 pm

You didnt publish everyone.
Happy Harry

Postby Sufcinpeace » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Yours is to morrow mate,I havenot forgot you, but we put it on the front page and this goes to a news line in the morning
Save the best to last :D
Sufcinpeace

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Sufcinpeace wrote:No worries,just hope your defence is as slow Saturday :lol: :?

Yeah don't worry they are from north of the Wash as well! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Name Wodewick

Age 39

Year supporting Morecambe always part time but am full-time now :?

Prediction for game versus Southend 0 - 2

Morecambe player to look out for saturday Duffy/Fleming

Favourite all time match play-off final vs Exeter

Favourite Morecambe player Bentley but i hate to say it cant see him getting in the first team again

Whats the chairman like i dont know him personaly to warrant a valid opinion

Who is your local derby match vs Barrow

What can be done to increase the crowd play good attacking football what wins games

Is the manager doing a good job it takes a good while for the coin to drop, but if SM was perfect he would be in the premiership

Favourite Morecambe manager Brian Clough

Where do you see the club in five years time back down in L2 after a short spell in L1

One Morecambe player you could bring back to the club Garry Thompson

You can have any player in the world at Morecambe who would it be and why realistically Clayton Donaldson

Who do you think will win the league Rotherham

Who do you think will come bottom hopefully not us

Whats the away fans like vocally if you think Millwall are bad ;)

Not the best start for your team how are the home fans reacting am not panicking just yet just frustrated watching what's obviously going wrong
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion