Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 1 F/T

Re: Morecambe 1 Chesterfield 1 F/T

Postby Posh » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Lloydie wrote:The main thing I found annoying about our play from the back was there was a lot of Artell style hooth balls from the defence when they had time to get the ball down and play it. I don't understand the hoothing it when we have a team of 7/8 dwarfs...

Play it on the deck please!

Because all the "hoothing" (sic) was to Paul Mullin. Maybe blaming Arts wasn't the problem, maybe it's a tactic.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Talking of Artell he was in team of the day in the paper today
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Dazzer » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:48 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Talking of Artell he was in team of the day in the paper today

Yes, he scored again yesterday - his second league gooal of the season. Which is two more than all our strikers combined have managed.

Still his passing wasn't very good at times, and we are looking just soooo dangerous from set pieces at the moment, so yes best off without him I say :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dazzer

Postby Posh » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:59 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Talking of Artell he was in team of the day in the paper today

Yeah but Crewe fans aren't sure though.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2120175192

Not!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Posh wrote:

Because all the "hoothing" (sic) was to Paul Mullin. Maybe blaming Arts wasn't the problem, maybe it's a tactic.[/quote]

Garry Hunter was playing some really good balls on the deck and interlinked very well with Duffy in the 1st half.

We don't do tactics 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Posh wrote:

Because all the "hoothing" (sic) was to Paul Mullin. Maybe blaming Arts wasn't the problem, maybe it's a tactic.

Garry Hunter was playing some really good balls on the deck and interlinked very well with Duffy in the 1st half.

We don't do tactics 8-)[/quote]
But if we did..........
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:52 pm

A much better performance on Saturday, although we still don't look all that sharp and didn't really create as many changes in front of goal as we should be doing (especially at home). I think it was quite noticeable how we dropped and appeared to tire in the second half. Overall no complaints about the result, a fair reflection of the game in which both sides made an equal contribution. They probably had the better chances, but we had much more of the ball.

Some thoughts:

Is Stanley carrying a slight knock? So far this season the midfield has not been that productive in terms of creating opportunities, although it would seem harsh for Stanners to carry the can for this if indeed he has been dropped. I can't believe he was not used at all even off the bench.

Spencer looked good when he was brought on; hopefully we'll get to see a bit more of him from now on. I can't see the point of bringing in a loanee to sit on the bench. He was unlucky not to score, their keeper made a really odd looking save that he knew nothing about.

A strange substitution made by Sammy in bringing Scott I thought. He was ready to come on moments before Chesterfield equalised to sure things up, they score yet he is still brought on. Was this a sign that he had settled for a point? He should have been on earlier or not at all. From what I have seen so far he isn't the sort of player that is going to change a game for you.

Duffy is really frustrating; he can be brilliant or thoroughly infuriating in much the same way that Thommo was when he first started coming through the ranks. A great run and pull-back to set up Spencer, and then he goes and blasts two dangerously positioned free-kicks over the stand when he should at least be making the keeper work. He does make things happen though, perhaps a run of games in the side will improve his decision-making and allow him to be more consistent?

Gravy in the MBW stand looked crap, although it is a start. We need real gravy made from beef stock like at Christie.

A lot more positives for the team to work on this week though, onwards to Sarfend.
RedRedWine1

Postby Lloydie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:44 pm

RedRedWine wrote:They probably had the better chances, but we had much more of the ball.

I thought the opposite but other wise agree
Lloydie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:24 pm

The ever reliable BBC stats seem to side with me: we had 58% of the possession, 5 shots on target, 10 shots off target vs. Chesterfields 42% possession, 10 shots on target, 9 shots off target.

The most glaring miss of the afternoon when Chesterfield broke forward a slid the ball through to the striker with plenty of time, space and only (sic) Baz to beat. Luckily for us the shot didn't even draw a save as it was blazed wide. I looked down, expecting the net to ripple. I thought that it was going to be our day after that miss!
RedRedWine1

Previous

Return to General Discussion