"The Shrimp Derby"

"The Shrimp Derby"

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:34 pm

On the Southend Message Board

"This is a timely debate since our next home game on the 18th September is against Morecambe-the first ever League battle of the Shrimpers.
And I'll be over to see it! "

"A Shrimp Derby - Love it!" :lol:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthre ... -Shrimpers

So on this basis are we Shrimps or Reds?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: "The Shrimp Derby"

Postby phil1965365 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:08 pm

Us sardines will be there with our £4.75 sun tickets...[cheap day out]................This is a new ground for me, this brings me up to 80 current league grounds......Can,t wait...Do,es anybody know of any decent pubs down there?
phil1965365

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Get prepared as there is no alcohol for sale in the away end and we are not allowed in the members only bar. Get Gary to drop you off on the seafront near the pier, 1st stop Wetherspoons then a 25 minute walk up through town via 3 or 4 pubs to the ground. However you will have to strap a propeller to your back if you are not setting off till 7 :lol:
marky No.1

Postby phil1965365 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Sounds good to me, but knowing our look we will probably get a mini bus with a 65 mph limiter on it....
phil1965365

Postby outsider » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Its 62mph Phil, so take a few with you.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby phil1965365 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:51 pm

There,s no doubt about that.....HAPPY DAYS...... :lol:
phil1965365

Postby Sufcinpeace » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Get prepared as there is no alcohol for sale in the away end and we are not allowed in the members only bar. Get Gary to drop you off on the seafront near the pier, 1st stop Wetherspoons then a 25 minute walk up through town via 3 or 4 pubs to the ground. However you will have to strap a propeller to your back if you are not setting off till 7 :lol:

Donot mind me saying chaps but it will be more than 25 minutes walk from the pier,depends what time you are aiming for as the M25 can be a nightmare to get a round and its the week end
Decent place to sup ale is the Railway Travel about 10 minutes from the ground and a decent place to eat The Fish house opposite the ground, good fresh hot food,our catering at the ground is not the best, though have had worse at Huish Park, when I asked what kind of burger it was she replied without batting an eyelid " 'King rat" :lol:
Parking by car is a complete nightmare with most spaces taking around the ground by 1.30 and with the Sun cheapo ticket boosting the crowd,I reckon you will have trouble unless you back early down the road which runs at the back of the away end
If you want any more info please let us know
Sufcinpeace

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Sufcinpeace wrote:Donot mind me saying chaps but it will be more than 25 minutes walk from the pier

Quite quick on our feet us Northerners :lol: Last time we went to Roots Hall my lass chuckled at the portable open air loos that appear up the high street in the evening! Reminded me of Amsterdam, but don't tell her! :lol:

Sure we did it in less than half an hour :?
marky No.1

Postby Sufcinpeace » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Are you sure it wasnot Bank Holiday Monday and the Skinheads and Rockers were chasing after you from the front :o
Sufcinpeace

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Sufcinpeace wrote:Are you sure it wasnot Bank Holiday Monday and the Skinheads and Rockers were chasing after you from the front :o

It was the end of September last year when we were playing at Dagenham. Had a nice little train journey. No there were no skinheads about.

Just tapped the postcodes into my little box and it gives a distance of 1.5 miles from Park Inn to Roots Hall and takes 29 minutes on foot ;)

OK I know there is a large hill and steps up from the prom! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Sufcinpeace » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:19 pm

That's if you are part Gazelle !!
Any chance now if you filling put a q/a for us nearly 400 views and one reply
I feel no one loves me !!
If you do go down the front donot venture pass the Liberty Bell for pubs not too good pass there mate honestly ,try and stay in town for the ale and decent food
Sufcinpeace

Return to General Discussion