I'll have some of what they were smoking!

Re: I'll have some of what they were smoking!

Postby steve mfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Posh wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:Chesterfield fans seem to think Shuker was very good, and i would say he was the ebst we have seen him, i'd play him in that role just behind Mullin again, worked very well :)

It's weird how people see the game so differently. I thought Shuker was poor as a striker, got the odd knock down from Mulls but did little with it bar a 1-2 when he was brought down. Spencer came on and was a real handful and actually gave their centre backs something to think about. He's tall, strong and has pace, pretty much everything Shuker didn't have.

First half i thought Shuker did ok when he was playing a bit deeper and picking the ball up in the midfield but not in the second half when he appeared to be playing more as a striker pushed up alongside Mullin, it just didn't work, chased about after the ball with little effect apart from the one he volleyed over the bar from Mullins knockdown.

Spencer on the other hand gave their defence something to think about in the time he was on the pitch, what i liked about him was that he was always trying to turn the defender which he managed to do on a couple of occasions.

Personally i think a Mullins and Spencer combination up front would be much more productive, also it would give the likes of Duffy, Stanley, Rundle ect. a better chance of finding a target from their crosses, and set pieces.

Man of the match for me would have been Duffy.
steve mfc

Parrish or haining MOTM

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:50 pm

for me, drummy looked knackered in the last 20 mins, thought Hunter had a good first half but gave the ball away a lot, Shuker is nowhere near the player he was for barnsley, think his besat game so far was coventry, Duffy had a few good runs at the defence but was easily stopped too many times and Mullin, i dont think he wins anywhere near enough aerial balls for a guy of his hight and he goes to ground very easily, yes he scored a few goals last season but that was then.....hope spencer turns out to be ok, played too far back yesterday but was an improvement over his Barrow appearance when i thought we had signed frank S
Arnside Red

Previous

Return to General Discussion