Tuesday evening in the globe bar

Tuesday evening in the globe bar

Postby Barmansteve » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm

For information the Manchester United v Rangers match will be showing in the bar this Tuesday evening and unfortunately not the Tottenham match (sorry shrimper!)
Plans are been made to acquire a second sky box so in future we will be able to show two sky channels at the same time
There will be 2 or 3 drink promotions on the night so why not come and see us...
Barmansteve

Re: Tuesday evening in the globe bar

Postby steve mfc » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Barmansteve wrote:For information the Manchester United v Rangers match will be showing in the bar this Tuesday evening and unfortunately not the Tottenham match (sorry shrimper!)
Plans are been made to acquire a second sky box so in future we will be able to show two sky channels at the same time
There will be 2 or 3 drink promotions on the night so why not come and see us...

Thanks for the info, will be in.
steve mfc

Postby glagys » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 pm

i know it's a long way off yet

but will you be showing the Haye V Harrison fight

but it is on sky box office

but i will be theer and pehaps a drink promo also

happy days
glagys

Postby scar » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:35 pm

That makes up my mind for me then......
Either a tedius drive to Burnley for a meeting or watch the footie in the Globe Bar....

I'll fill the car up tomorrow :roll:
scar

Postby sgt major » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:32 am

Both games on in the York ;)
sgt major

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:28 am

steve mfc wrote:
Barmansteve wrote:For information the Manchester United v Rangers match will be showing in the bar this Tuesday evening and unfortunately not the Tottenham match (sorry shrimper!)

Thanks for the info, will stay at home.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:18 pm

shrimper wrote:
steve mfc wrote:

Thanks for the info, will stay at home.

Same here , will stop home and watch North London's biggest club on Sky with a tin or 2 !

However if Rangers are winning 3-0 at half-time a trip down to the Globe may be just the ticket!
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:02 pm

What was with the anti-scouse chanting in the bar prior to the game on Saturday? Foul in nature given the family orientation of the bar, it was also totally unnecessary given that we were all there to support Morecambe FC.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm

RedRedWine wrote:What was with the anti-scouse chanting in the bar prior to the game on Saturday? Foul in nature given the family orientation of the bar, it was also totally unnecessary given that we were all there to support Morecambe FC.

Not to mention half our players being scouse, including our club captain. Hope none of their family or friends were in the bar at the time.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby jonnythedog » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 pm

I was talking to a few Chesterfield fans who'd sneaked in under the radar. They were somewhat bemused by celebrations when Man Utd scored. :lol:
jonnythedog

Postby steve mfc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:28 pm

jonnythedog wrote:I was talking to a few Chesterfield fans who'd sneaked in under the radar. They were somewhat bemused by celebrations when Man Utd scored. :lol:

The loudest cheer was when Everton equalised, probably not due to a large amount of Everton fans just a sizable anti Man Utd contingent :lol:
steve mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Keith wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:What was with the anti-scouse chanting in the bar prior to the game on Saturday? Foul in nature given the family orientation of the bar, it was also totally unnecessary given that we were all there to support Morecambe FC.

Not to mention half our players being scouse, including our club captain. Hope none of their family or friends were in the bar at the time.

Jim was there earlier on but they made sure he was out of range! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion