Morecambe one of the best away days in League 2!

Morecambe one of the best away days in League 2!

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:53 am

Some quotes from Shrewsbury fans forum;
http://blueandamber.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=52472

Going! One of my favourite away days and a proper terrace!

Looking forward to it as it is a proper terrace!

I definitely want to go, not sure whether to go by car or coach yet, it all depends if my mates want to go or not, Morecambe is definitely one of the better away days in L2

Easy journey,
cheap entry fee,
terraced away end.

Really looking foward to i

Its good to hear that even though alot of them had a wasted journey last season that they are still looking forward to comming to Christie again, The retention of a Terraced area for home and away fans at the new ground will be something alot of league fans will envy, most visiting fans mention that it's great to be able to stand, like back in the old days! :D
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Morecambe one of the best away days in League 2!

Postby Raeyes » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:59 am

I believe the good sentiment and feelings many Shrewsbury fans have of the visit to Christie Park go back to the year that the Shrews played us in the Conference. We had them on the last game of the season. I seem to remember their fans were applauded by ours (we had narrowly missed out on the play-offs, though it would have been at the result of a few freak results) which was returned by the Shrewsbury fans who were probably in amazement that we had all stayed behind to a man to applaud the Shrews on making it as well as our own side for going so close, not trudging off booing our heads off (recent converts take note). A great show of character from us that I'm sure the Shrewsbury fans on the pitch remember, long after a game the game that was postponed last season.
Raeyes

Postby The Fury » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:10 am

Raeyes wrote:I believe the good sentiment and feelings many Shrewsbury fans have of the visit to Christie Park go back to the year that the Shrews played us in the Conference. We had them on the last game of the season. I seem to remember their fans were applauded by ours (we had narrowly missed out on the play-offs, though it would have been at the result of a few freak results) which was returned by the Shrewsbury fans who were probably in amazement that we had all stayed behind to a man to applaud the Shrews on making it as well as our own side for going so close, not trudging off booing our heads off (recent converts take note). A great show of character from us that I'm sure the Shrewsbury fans on the pitch remember, long after a game the game that was postponed last season.

Incidentally, in goal for Shrewbsbury that day was one Joe Hart, conceding three goals to the might of Wayne Curtis and Nick Rogan.
The Fury

Postby abc123 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:43 am

I remember that day, the ground was ringing to 'lets all have a disco' at the final whistle and there were TONS of Morecambe fans shaking hands with the Shrews fans (who had invaded the pitch) over the barrier. It's one of my favourite memories of following Morecambe.
abc123

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:12 pm

I will always remb the fella who came in the york as Brian Potter it was genius and the spitting image of him.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Philja » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:24 pm

"The desert grows three miles a year, it just grows, it just grows.."
Philja

Postby Curly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:31 pm

Philja wrote:One
Two
Three

More...

;)

You gonna be there?
Maybe si thi forra pint.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Philja » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:30 pm

I'll be there fella.
Heading to Euston in half an hour for the tea time scrum..
"The desert grows three miles a year, it just grows, it just grows.."
Philja

Return to General Discussion