I'll have some of what they were smoking!

I'll have some of what they were smoking!

Postby Sharpy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Mullin man of the match? are you joking? fat slow waste of space! can't jump to win a ball, can't run to win a ball, can't deliver a decent pass to save his life! start spencer and jevons together when fit please god!

Parrish was easily the best player. Sammy once again showed how useless he is with subs.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Re: I'll have some of what they were smoking!

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Hunter was the best he was awesome in the first half
essex_shrimp

Postby Harry » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 pm

How is Mullin fat?

I think he played his best game for us today. He won the ball a lot more and was all over our front lines, generally showing more gumption than he has been. Just unfortunate Shuker wasn't there most of the time to pick up on his passes.
Harry

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Hunter was the best he was awesome in the first half

Got to agree. He seems to enjoy it in defence :lol:.Stanley and Hunter are our best players and they were with the squad when we came up!!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Sharpy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 pm

every time he did win the ball he gave it straight back to chesterfield! kept flicking the ball forward into the middle of the pitch, to the exact place he should have been. whenever Shuker brought the ball forward he had no one to give it too because muggins had dropped deeper and was to slow to get back!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Sharpy, i'll have some of what your smoking to bud.

You didn't happen to be stood behind me did you? Always winging about Mullin, man of the match by a country mile, Hunter was beaten on many occasions but he was out of position.
Duffy in the first half was the best player by a way.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Everybody sees things differently. Everybody gives about 5 different MotM's.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Sharpy wrote:every time he did win the ball he gave it straight back to chesterfield! kept flicking the ball forward into the middle of the pitch, to the exact place he should have been. whenever Shuker brought the ball forward he had no one to give it too because muggins had dropped deeper and was to slow to get back!

That's very harsh. Mullin's job is to flick balls on. Shukers job was to run onto them. Shuker was poor he didn't get onto the end of flick ons, he gave the ball away easily and his first touch was poor. Mullin worked very hard and was unfortunate to have the wind having an effect on the ball in the 2nd half.
Little Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Give over !!

Duffy , Haining and Brown best players IMHO.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Chesterfield fans seem to think Shuker was very good, and i would say he was the ebst we have seen him, i'd play him in that role just behind Mullin again, worked very well :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:22 pm

MfcChris wrote:

Got to agree. He seems to enjoy it in defence :lol:.Stanley and Hunter are our best players and they were with the squad when we came up!!

some of his passing in the 2nd half was very sloppy, he gave the ball away a few times and got caught for pace towards the end of the match
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Mullin, Duffy, Drummond. In that order, never seen Drummond play that well for a long time.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:24 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Mullin, Duffy, Drummond. In that order, never seen Drummond play that well for a long time.

Same for me with Drummond
Little Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Mullin had a good game today I thought.

Slow? Maybe but that's not his fault. Apart from that, he wins loads in the air and if you get the ball to him, he'll keep it. So many times today, we relied on playing a long ball out that got to the feet of Mullin and he was able to hold it up until we got out of our half. Without that, those hoofs would have all been picked up by the opposition and we could have been under a lot more pressure.

Passes into empty space? Hmm, to me that says that something else was going wrong - not Mullin's passing.

Please Sammy, Mullin and Jevons for the next game. You just know they'll click straight away.
james456

Postby hoooti » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:29 pm

Mullins - Too old, too slow and has no real commitment to MFC. Yes he did get his head to lots of high balls but they were directed to anyone in particular. Too chancy for me. What really goaded me, was that twice in the second half he went to ground under a minor challenge and didnt spirng to his feet to chase the ball down, which was only yards away. Whereas Spencer did when he came on. Time for a rethink on Mullins for me.

Ps Roche MOM for me a few good stops today.
hoooti

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Same with Drummond good game .

And you never know what will happen next game
essex_shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Mullin's presence was a absolute nuisance, i just think he needs his mate(Jevons) to play off him

but for me Duffy or Haining for MoM
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:34 pm

DawZi wrote:Mullin's presence was a absolute nuisance, i just think he needs his mate(Jevons) to play off him

Agree with everything your saying mate :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:35 pm

DawZi wrote:Mullin's presence was a absolute nuisance, i just think he needs his mate(Jevons) to play off him

Mullin works excellently with a player like Jevons and that's why we got lots of goals last season.
Little Shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 pm

I thought Mullin played really well today. I put himself about worked hard and won a lot of ball. You can understand a few flicks and passes going astray as he'd never played with Shuker up front before. I thought he deserved his man of the match award but it also could have gone to Drummond or Flemming imo.
jonnythedog

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Chesterfield fans seem to think Shuker was very good, and i would say he was the ebst we have seen him, i'd play him in that role just behind Mullin again, worked very well :)

It's weird how people see the game so differently. I thought Shuker was poor as a striker, got the odd knock down from Mulls but did little with it bar a 1-2 when he was brought down. Spencer came on and was a real handful and actually gave their centre backs something to think about. He's tall, strong and has pace, pretty much everything Shuker didn't have.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Posh wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:Chesterfield fans seem to think Shuker was very good, and i would say he was the ebst we have seen him, i'd play him in that role just behind Mullin again, worked very well :)

It's weird how people see the game so differently. I thought Shuker was poor as a striker, got the odd knock down from Mulls but did little with it bar a 1-2 when he was brought down. Spencer came on and was a real handful and actually gave their centre backs something to think about. He's tall, strong and has pace, pretty much everything Shuker didn't have.

I'd agree with Spencer being better in all those ways, but i thought Shuker played alot better and it xcould be a sign of things to come :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Mullin as not loan striker material he is ok when he plays with Jevons but he lacks pace if we are going to go 4-5-1 then I hope we put jeons up front when he is fit.
Thought Hunter and Drummond did well today my MOTM would be one of those two.
heysham_mfc

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:50 am

Shuker has the skill but lacks the commitment. He doesnt fight for the ball. Not hungry enough.

Duffy was best by a country mile in first half, Parrish did well but Mullin worked hard all game and I thought he deserved it.
Happy Harry

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Am I missing something here? Mullin won everything in the air! :? He scored 12 goals last season provided god knows how many assists for Jevons. He isn't there to be pacey, hes there to hold the ball up and bring others into play, which he does superbly.
Crooky MFC

Next

Return to General Discussion