Lets get behind the team..Vocally

Lets get behind the team..Vocally

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 pm

I think since moving to the Globe we've done a great job making it our home and the main body of singers is doing a sterling job at getting the atmosphere going, with even the main stand now joining in and standing up for the Morecambe.

Lets carry on the great work so far and up the volume tomorrow to make the globe an inspiring place for the lads to play in and hopefully lift the performance a level too.

One thing I think might help the noise level is the choice of chants. Quite a few people have mentioned how much louder the sound level is when we sing the more traditional songs! As much as I like the newer chants and as good as they sound, I think I must admit that no where near as many people join in with 'We Love you, We love you etc' as they do for the hey jude/Morecambe chant. I'm not suggesting for a moment we stop the new stuff, I personally think that eventually it will catch on more and become as good, but while the team is not doing as good is there any chance that the chant starters go back to the old school a little more to get more people joining in?
North Stand Shrimp

Re: Lets get behind the team..Vocally

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm

I sit in the main stand, am in my early forties, and like the new stuff to be honest, its all about youth behind the goals, even if you are not young in years :lol:

Hate that hey jude one though, I used to dislike mccartney till he divorced the vile heather, she is up there with chris de burgh :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Me and Mrs Lion will be giving it our best shot tomorrow.

It was truly miserable at Oxford last Saturday and I need to let rip early on, so if you terracites can ask for us standbys to 'stand up for Morecambe' right from the off...we will surge up there like 2 battered scuds trying to exorcise the demons.

Don't care what you sing, as long as we can hear it we will be joining in.
Caged Lion

Postby Little Shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:27 pm

And I'll do my bit by having a go at the ref :D !!
Little Shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:36 pm

Me too, and I've been practising in front of the mirror. What do you think of these?

"Score more goals than the opposition!"
"Play some positive football!

...and my personal favourite:
"Shoot for victory boys!" 8-)
jonnythedog

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:36 pm

i'll be my usualself getting involved with the chants i know and appealing for anything that isn't given to Morecambe haha, sorry in adavance if your next to the 16 year old who can't keep his gob shut :lol: 8-)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby shrimpinho » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 pm

and on another note, its chesterfield. after all that has been said about our grounds over the summer, lets get behind the lads and make sure they won't forget their first trip to the globe :D
shrimpinho

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 am

shrimpinho wrote:and on another note, its chesterfield. after all that has been said about our grounds over the summer, lets get behind the lads and make sure they won't forget their first trip to the globe :D

No, let's make sure we make them want to forget their first trip to the Globe 8-)
Little Shrimp

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:01 pm

So, are we keeping it simple with 35 minutes of "Red Army" 5 minutes of "stand up if you low cbe" and then 5 minutes of "Just bounce if you love Mcbe"
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:02 pm

My throat hurts from shouting 'GET UP THE THIS END NOW'.. why wouldn't they attack! :shock:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Return to General Discussion