Chester FC 2010 Life after Death o/t

Chester FC 2010 Life after Death o/t

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:32 pm

OK this is well off topic but Chester, after all their problems, are now owned by the supporters and have a 5 year lease at the Deva Stadium shortly to be known as the Exacta Stadium.

They have been dumped into the EVO Stik 1st Division North against Lancaster City, Bamber Bridge, Leigh Genesis etc and have scored 9 goals in 3 games.

Amazingly they are now drumming up a crowd of nearly 3000, considerably more than they did when in L2 in the Vaughan era. They won 6.0 in their first ever home game this week.
Just shows regardless of which League you are in it's amazing what difference a winning team makes.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chest ... -27125943/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: Chester FC 2010 Life after Death o/t

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:37 pm

They were originally placed (and quite rightly too) into the Vodkat North West Counties 1st Division pre-season. That would have seen them have to win promotion from that 1st Division and then into the Vodkat NWCL Premier Division, one below the league they currently compete in.

Their "owners", be they fans or whoever, kicked off big style about being placed in the Vodkat and were then promptly promoted to where they are now ! In the Evostick League 1 !

I cannot understand how FC United Of Manchester had to start life in the lower echelons of the Vodkat, but lo and behold, Chester AFC or whatever they're known as huff and puff and grumble ........ hey presto !!! Promotion x 2 effectively !!!!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Maybe the influence of the new Chairman?

The Pilsbury "dough" boy :lol:

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chest ... -27090968/
marky No.1

Postby essex_shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Well having attendance of 3000 wow I bet the Lancaster fans going to Chester will be in a dream world lol.

But do you think Chester will get promotion are Lancaster good enough to beat them
essex_shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:19 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Well having attendance of 3000 wow I bet the Lancaster fans going to Chester will be in a dream world lol.

But do you think Chester will get promotion are Lancaster good enough to beat them

Yes and No are the correct answers.
Hey! essex_shrimp still walking from Tesco and still arriving way too early??? :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:20 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Well having attendance of 3000 wow I bet the Lancaster fans going to Chester will be in a dream world lol.

Nah. L@nc@ster City have gone dobbins this season, even re-signing our ex-keeper Mark Thornley who must have made his debut when John Noakes was still presenting Blue Peter.
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Correct answer, well done!
Mark Thornley has indeed been playing since 1968.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby essex_shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Just wondering about Chester and I do not know how Lancaster are doing I knew the team was good last season with Conner ton.

And I am going Morecambe vs Cheltenham early about 1sh so I can visit the new stadium and hope to meet some fellow Morecambe fans.

If it is the worse situation I will just get to The Globe at 2;45 and say **** it only think of myself . :o :o
essex_shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:30 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Just wondering about Chester and I do not know how Lancaster are doing I knew the team was good last season with Conner ton.

And I am going Morecambe vs Cheltenham early about 1sh so I can visit the new stadium and hope to meet some fellow Morecambe fans.

If it is the worse situation I will just get to The Globe at 2;45 and say **** it only think of myself . :o :o

You'll have a long wait till 5th February for that game. esssssssex!!!!
seasonsinthesun

Postby essex_shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Funny wow I know it was Chesterfield Town tomorrow and getting early to the globe to meet the fellow Morecambe and sv's fans hoping to see a 4-4-2 formation or a 4-5-1 with Haining Hunter and Spencer in first team.
:oops:
essex_shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Let get back to the Chester post please please
essex_shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:36 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Let get back to the Chester post please please

I answered your question.What more do you want from me?????
seasonsinthesun

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:They were originally placed (and quite rightly too) into the Vodkat North West Counties 1st Division pre-season. That would have seen them have to win promotion from that 1st Division and then into the Vodkat NWCL Premier Division, one below the league they currently compete in.

Their "owners", be they fans or whoever, kicked off big style about being placed in the Vodkat and were then promptly promoted to where they are now ! In the Evostick League 1 !

I cannot understand how FC United Of Manchester had to start life in the lower echelons of the Vodkat, but lo and behold, Chester AFC or whatever they're known as huff and puff and grumble ........ hey presto !!! Promotion x 2 effectively !!!!!!

It was done on health and safety advice.

Most of the vodkat clubs couldn't safely accommodate approx 1,500 Chester away fans so it was decided that Unibond North was the most appropriate.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:36 pm

marky No.1 wrote:OK this is well off topic but Chester, after all their problems, are now owned by the supporters and have a 5 year lease at the Deva Stadium shortly to be known as the Exacta Stadium.

They have been dumped into the EVO Stik 1st Division North against Lancaster City, Bamber Bridge, Leigh Genesis etc and have scored 9 goals in 3 games.

Amazingly they are now drumming up a crowd of nearly 3000, considerably more than they did when in L2 in the Vaughan era. They won 6.0 in their first ever home game this week.
Just shows regardless of which League you are in it's amazing what difference a winning team makes.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chest ... -27125943/

A large percentage of football fans at any club are very fickle, you can guarantee that as soon as the winning football comes to an end be it this season or in a higher league then the crowds will dwindle. Personally i don't see what anyone gets out of just watching a winning team, its the bad time's that make the good ones so enjoyable, or maybe im just a masochist :lol:
steve mfc

Postby scar » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I cannot understand how FC United Of Manchester had to start life in the lower echelons of the Vodkat, but lo and behold, Chester AFC or whatever they're known as huff and puff and grumble ........ hey presto !!! Promotion x 2 effectively !!!!!!

FC United of Manchester was a whole new club, where as Chester were an existing club, abit one that got kicked out of the Conference, but still an existing club/team
scar

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:They were originally placed (and quite rightly too) into the Vodkat North West Counties 1st Division pre-season. That would have seen them have to win promotion from that 1st Division and then into the Vodkat NWCL Premier Division, one below the league they currently compete in.

It was done on health and safety advice.

Most of the vodkat clubs couldn't safely accommodate approx 1,500 Chester away fans so it was decided that Unibond North was the most appropriate.

Fair enough Heysham mate, but look at the away followings FCUM took in their opening season if you can / get chance. The majority of their away games were switched to places like Accrington (Padiham and Nelson fixtures) and Oldham Athletic (Chadderton and Oldham Town) and Blackpool (Blackpool Mechanics) due to the travelling numbers of away fans and the, lets face it, less than quality/safe grounds.
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Perhaps Chester AFC being bumped up a couple of leagues was the result of what the leagues learnt from the FCUM experience? I doubt there would have been many other occasions where teams with sizable support bases have found themselves at that level prior to FCUM.

There has also been a couple of other precedents of clubs being reformed lower down the pyramid and not having to start from the very bottom; AFC Telford United, FC Halifax Town.
RedRedWine1

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:31 pm

I think AFC Scarborough had to start in the North east Counties leaguebut then they don't have their own ground which might have something to do with it. I guess togo from Northern Counties to Evo stick level a lot depends on facilities.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:36 pm

At the end of the day, chesters fans have had a very bum deal, if health and safety deems they are up the ladder by a few rungs, then so be it, lower league teams rub their hands when something like this happens, a seasons takings in one game :lol:

I think the wimbledon versus franchise fc cup match in a few years time will be ace :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby jonnythedog » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:50 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I think the wimbledon versus franchise fc cup match in a few years time will be ace :lol:

Haha! I'd love to go to that. :lol:
jonnythedog

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:57 am

We could offer the Globe to Lancaster for the visit of Chester if they need a proper ground to play them at!

I think a lot of fans were disillusioned with the appalling mismanagement of their club so had boycotted until Vaughan had gone, so they aren't all glory hunters. I just hope he's kept well away from football clubs from now on.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 am

Good one Keith until 9months ago I had no idea Lancaster city had a football team and it was next to the station.
See you at the globe shrimps It is free for me then get paid on Friday and tempted to g South end away.

Not been to a Morecambe home match since April
essex_shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Chester won the League by 2 goals and are promoted. They averaged over 2300 Home Fans during the season.

Their nearest rivals scored 7 but it wasn't quite enough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 471920.stm
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:44 pm

And another fledgling club, FC United Of Manchester, could win promotion to BSP North tomorrow if they beat Colwyn Bay in the Final.
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:57 pm

1-0 to Colwyn Bay who have now gone from the EvoStick Division 1 North, via the Evo Stick Premier, and now straight into the BSP North. In successive seasons.
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion