Chesterfield predictions

Re: Chesterfield predictions

Postby Loglayer » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:18 pm

Morecambe 3- 2 Chesterfield. Bentley, Fleming and Stanley. 4.4.2. 2355.
Loglayer

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:33 pm

We seem to be down in the dumps at the moment, fans, team, manager etc etc. But it aint half as bad as after the Northampton home game last season, I think we will soon turn it around. We may lose on Saturday, but we shouldn't worry, we've had a really tough start, just look at some of the teams we've played! Once we get a win under our belts we'll be flying :)

Morecambe 2-1 Chesterfield

Mullin
Fleming
Crooky MFC

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Well it looks like a tight league I know it is only five games into the season but look at the league table like teams like Morecambe , Gillingham , Bradford , Northampton in the bottom six .

I do think Morecambe can still get third place in the league this season I really do believe this :idea:
essex_shrimp

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm

2-2 attendance-2268

roche
hunter haining mcCready parrish

duffy scott stanley rundle

jevons fleming
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:22 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Well it looks like a tight league I know it is only five games into the season but look at the league table like teams like Morecambe , Gillingham , Bradford , Northampton in the bottom six .

I do think Morecambe can still get third place in the league this season I really do believe this :idea:

Thats 3 big teams in the bottom five, just shows theres no need to panick yet. :) Bradford... ? Who are they ? :?
Crooky MFC

Postby parceldave » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:36 pm

I dont know how anybody can make a prediction after that performance at Oxford , never mind about formation changes there needs to be an attitude change , the only outfield player who performed anything like normal was Andy Parrish and anyone suggesting he should play anywhere other than that centre-half position are bonkers. If he can stand up to Fakinenwa then he can cope with anyone in this division. ;)

I dont know if Jevons will be fit enough after that horrible crack he got on Saturday' is there any word on his condition. :?: So the team for Saturday :- Hmm

......................Roache.......................
?.............Parrish.........?...................?

?.............?.................?...................?

...................Spencer....?...................
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:51 am

Dave, I wish you would stop beating around the bush, stop sitting on the fence and just say it as you see it! :lol:

I. M. O. If Jev is fit he will play. Mullin & Spencer were played together at Macclesfield, we created chances but still didn't score. Hence Sammy said two up front made no difference. Later on Hendrie was introduced to no effect
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:35 am

Roche

Moss McReady Haining Parrish

Scott

Brown Stanley Fleming Rundle

Mullin

subs

Walker Drummond Spencer Hendrie Jevons Duffy Shuker

a 3-1 home win

plenty of firepower on the bench to change the system if things dont go well.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:39 am

marky No.1 wrote:Mullin & Spencer were played together at Macclesfield, we created chances but still didn't score. Hence Sammy said two up front made no difference. Later on Hendrie was introduced to no effect

A bit radical I know, but how about trying Jevons & Mullin together up front?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:51 am

Nah, they only got 30 goals between 'em when they did that
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:37 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Nah, they only got 30 goals between 'em when they did that

Definitely drop both Mullin and Jevons(even if he has recovered), after all,last season means nothing now, does it? ;)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Right at this moment i'd take another draw against this lot, they're on fire and we're not at the races, yep a point would be a good one for us but they might just sneak it by the odd goal or two.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sod this sitting on the fence 1-2 Chesterfield and Sammy's job under threat................................NOT
HALMA 1983

Postby Troy Trotter » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Right at this moment i'd take another draw against this lot, they're on fire and we're not at the races, yep a point would be a good one for us but they might just sneak it by the odd goal or two.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sod this sitting on the fence 1-2 Chesterfield and Sammy's job under threat................................NOT

2-1 morecambe a repeat of the fa cup round 2003
bring it on.
Did someone say there were shrimps out here.
Troy Trotter

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Well Chesterfield's manager knows it'd not going to be easy for them on saturday so we are in for a very tough game.
http://www.thestar.co.uk/football/Sheri ... 6519118.jp
heysham_mfc

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Well we got some of the first match tonight playing vs Preston North End.

And I do not think Chesterfield are saying this game is going to be a easy three points .

League Two is a dog eat dog world no body is going to run away with League Two
essex_shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Troy Trotter wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:Right at this moment i'd take another draw against this lot, they're on fire and we're not at the races, yep a point would be a good one for us but they might just sneak it by the odd goal or two.

bring it on.

Sorry Troy balance up the boat with a ton of shit, I hope you're right but I just can't see it this time around
We will pick up points soon against lesser sides but like Rotherham this is a real toughey
HALMA 1983

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:30 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Troy Trotter wrote:

bring it on.

Sorry Troy balance up the boat with a ton of shit, I hope you're right but I just can't see it this time around
We will pick up points soon against lesser sides but like Rotherham this is a real toughey

They have started the season very well so right now a point would be a good result for us although it would be very nice to sneak it 2-1.
heysham_mfc

Postby Troy Trotter » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:35 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Troy Trotter wrote:

bring it on.

If we do win 2-1 which i think not only the fans want to see (but the managment need to see)
iI will fill my boat with 6 ton of shit. :lol: :lol:
Did someone say there were shrimps out here.
Troy Trotter

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:22 pm

They have started the season very well so right now a point would be a good result for us although it would be very nice to sneak it 2-1

I only say this because I like Sheridan and some of his Ex Latics players who are still good enough to operate in a League above but hopefully we have enough to steal all 3 points, god knows we need em!
HALMA 1983

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:
They have started the season very well so right now a point would be a good result for us although it would be very nice to sneak it 2-1

I only say this because I like Sheridan and some of his Ex Latics players who are still good enough to operate in a League above but hopefully we have enough to steal all 3 points, god knows we need em!

What ??!!! Even Ratboy himself, Mark Allott ???!!!!!!!!!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:03 pm

I don't care if we don't win another game all season please, please, please just win tomorrow.

I have four family members coming up from Chesterfield for it three of which are going in the away end :evil:

I couldn't cope getting a lift home in the car afterwards and I can get out at Lancaster my poor dad has to drive them all the way back home!

2v1 Morecambe with us playing rubbish and scoring a last minuite winner to steal the points.

Do we know if offically we are letting away fans in the bar after the game? Just thinking incase they want to wait for traffic to die down etc and show them our new pad.

or we could make the three that go in the away send stand outside in the rain and make them wait :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:

What ??!!! Even Ratboy himself, Mark Allott ???!!!!!!!!!!!

Allott and Whitaker make a decent pairing and the welsh roughneck upfront Craig Davies partnered by Jack Lester will give us a tough time aswell

Decided to take a better view for this one in the P.M Stand Block C1, should be a good contest if we turn up???
HALMA 1983

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:07 pm

I always look at Chesterfield as being a benchmark as to how we rate in L2. They are always thereabouts at the business end and always get off to a good start, then somehow we manage to overhaul them by the end of the season. This time round there is a big gap and we really need to stop the rot tomorrow to halt our slide. We really need to up our game and take some chances, our dead ball scoring situations seem to have disappeared out the window :?
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:34 pm

That's because Artell has gone as well as scoring a good few he studied the opposition a lot for us and capitalised on it at set plays.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm torn between a draw and a 2-1 win. I think if Sammy tells them to have a get up the field as quickly as possiblea nd to have a pop i think we may just bag the win.

The big thing is that we keep them quiet up front they have a lot of talent and as long as we have the ball, they can't score 8-) words of wisdom from Matty The Shrimp :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion