Sammy On Chesterfield & More - Listen Here....

Sammy On Chesterfield & More - Listen Here....

Postby The Bay » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:32 am

Wonder who the loan player was?......

http://www.thebay.co.uk/goto.php?sess=+ ... 8&id=20370
The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy On Chesterfield & More - Listen Here....

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:08 am

interesting, when SM basically said it's not about the formation and that people never complained when we beat Coventry and when we was 1 - 0 up against Burnley, with all due respect it was a Coventry reserve team and Burnley we still got beat,

and then said i have never had a good start to a season cant put my finger on it :?

well Jevons is out for saturday and it looks like we are going 4 1 4 1 but with different personal in there watch SM prove us all wrong :oops:

i have a feeling after that reserve game at Preston he will go

Roche
Scott McCready Haining Parris
Stanley
Shuker Duffy Fleming Rundle
Mullin
George Dawes

Postby mfcbro » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:33 am

Cant see stanley being the holding player.
mfcbro

Postby paulshrimp » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 pm

Hunter at full back?
paulshrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Well it sounds like sammy will play 4-5-1 on Saturday shame about Jevons had a feeling he would be out after he wasnt in the reserve team.
heysham_mfc

Postby nobbyshrimp » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:52 pm

DawZi wrote:interesting, when SM basically said it's not about the formation and that people never complained when we beat Coventry and when we was 1 - 0 up against Burnley, with all due respect it was a Coventry reserve team and Burnley we still got beat,

and then said i have never had a good start to a season cant put my finger on it :?

well Jevons is out for saturday and it looks like we are going 4 1 4 1 but with different personal in there watch SM prove us all wrong :oops:

i have a feeling after that reserve game at Preston he will go

Roche
Scott McCready Haining Parris
Stanley
Shuker Duffy Fleming Rundle
Mullin

I am agreement with everyone else about our current formation BUT come on..any Premiership or Championship reserve team (let alone a 1st team) should be better than a Morecambe 1st team so give the lads some bloody credit, they did well :!:
nobbyshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 pm

the point am making is about the system and not the lads and i did say with all due respect.

BUT come on..any Premiership or Championship reserve team should be better than a Morecambe 1st team

not necessarily, so i could throw at you give the lads some credit :!: ;)
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I want to see Hunter in the starting 11. Always gives it 100%, Morecambe through and through. Remember a period of last season when he was our best player, then he got unfairly dropped to the bench ?
Crooky MFC

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Going to be interesting who plays at left back.Last season when Wilson had his usual abscences, it was sometimes Parrish, sometimes Moss,and Adams also.
If he goes with his 4-1-4-1 strategy again, then the team I would pick is:

Roche

Hunter McCready Haining Parrish

Scott

Duffy Stanley Fleming Rundle

Mullin
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby George Dawes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:55 pm

i do prefer Scott in the middle and think he looks the part in that holding role

but SM as had him at right-back for the past few games
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:58 pm

TBH I think Scott was loads more effective as a holding midfielder

Roche
Scott
Mullin
Little Shrimp

Postby Lloydie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:TBH I think Scott was loads more effective as a holding midfielder

Roche
Scott
Mullin

I'd guess at this team as well
Lloydie

Postby Sammy h » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:39 pm

"It's nothing to do with tactics"

Has he lost the plot?
Sammy h

Postby mfcbro » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Bentley played a full 90 minutes last night,didnt say so on our website but did on the pne website.Defence looked solid.Glad to see he is back in the frame.
mfcbro

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:47 am

Every season my teams have always started poorly, I can't put my finger on that...

Well clearly that's nothing to do with tactics, but if it was to do with tactics, I'd suggest its because we never start the season with the tactics that we finished the previous one? When Sammy said that some players prefer certain positions/tactics, I would guess that Jevons is one of those, in that he would prefer someone alongside him, which is why he was so effective with Mullin last season. We didn't score against Macclesfield but we also didn't play our most effective front two pairing (in my humble opinion).

Crooky MFC wrote:I want to see Hunter in the starting 11. Always gives it 100%, Morecambe through and through. Remember a period of last season when he was our best player, then he got unfairly dropped to the bench ?

I think I'm right in saying he picked up a knock and missed a game or two rather than be dropped, but I agree he deserves a run in the team and I thought he was excellent at right back when he played there. Did he play RB against PNE?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:45 am

Keith wrote:
Every season my teams have always started poorly, I can't put my finger on that...

Well clearly that's nothing to do with tactics, but if it was to do with tactics, I'd suggest its because we never start the season with the tactics that we finished the previous one? When Sammy said that some players prefer certain positions/tactics, I would guess that Jevons is one of those, in that he would prefer someone alongside him, which is why he was so effective with Mullin last season. We didn't score against Macclesfield but we also didn't play our most effective front two pairing (in my humble opinion).
Have to agree with Keith here we had a fantastic run in last season and with Jevons and Mullin it was working very well so can't realy see why sammy has changed a winning formula 'don't change it if it's not broken' Obs Sammy has not got the option for a Jevond Mullin front two this weekend but if it doesnt work out on Saturday I hope he considers changing things. Sammy has said that it's nothing to do with the formation because we are still creating chances which is great but games are not won on chances it's all about being able to put the ball in the back of the net and thats something that we are not doing ofter enough, so clearly something has to give.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion