Globe Functions

Globe Functions

Postby Ntini » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 am

My finacee and I are getting married next year, and so thought of getting a price for having the wedding breakfast and reception at the Globe. So, I rang up but there was no answer, so left my contact details and requirements asking for a quote.

I know that they got my message, because they rang me to invite me along to the wedding fair on Sunday (which we attended and was pretty well organised by the bay). However, I have still not received any call-back about my enquiry and, as such, have gone elsewhere.

My reasoning? If it takes this long to get a quote, how long will it take to get any problems resolved?

I'm disappointed in the new functions staff as, yet again, it's letting the club down AND the club is losing potential revenue! That's a couple of thousand pounds that have gone elsewhere. I've got to say it's so frustrating that the club appear to be happy enough to let people's money go elsewhere.

We moved to a new stadium to ensure we had daily opportunities to make money, not just on match days. Although generally the club is doing well in the new stadium (with the bar, for example), I think somebody higher up needs to have a word with the people responsible for these revenue streams to see why they are being missed.

It really is a shame, and I hope the club can work out a way to combat it. I was prepared to seriously look at spending a huge sum of money (for me, anyway) at the club, and I've had no alternative than to go elsewhere. Very disappointing!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Re: Globe Functions

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:14 am

That is very worrying that a valid enquiry was not followed up.

Thought they would have taken the opportunity to grab every enquiry that came their way, especially in the current climate. :o
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby parkyboy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 am

If they invited you to the wedding fair was it not possible for you to enquire about your function whilst you were there
parkyboy

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am

I can't believe what I have just read.
You'd think they would have the basics in place at a new venue to take enquiries from the public,especially involving money!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Ntini » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

parkyboy wrote:If they invited you to the wedding fair was it not possible for you to enquire about your function whilst you were there

Yes, it would be. But they had the opportunity to ring me and talk about a quote. That's what I wanted them to do, but they didn't!

It was also the bay that were organising it and, although we were given a nice glossy booklet that didn't have any prices in, there was no-one pushing the Globe as a wedding venue. We were there over an hour and a half, seeing stalls from the various wedding retailers and a fashion cat-walk type thingy, but nothing from the club pushing the Globe as a leading function suite in the area.

I refer you, though, to my previous point: if they are not going to jump on an opportunity like this, then it fills me with no confidence should we want to make any changes to our menu, for example.

May I say, though, that whoever designed that room (the Wright and Lord Suite) should give themselves a big pat on the back. it really is a superb asset to the club, now they just need to get selling it!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 am

See what you mean Ntini the Football Club should have really had a stall of their own trying to pitch the Globe instead it sounds like they have hired the room out to the Bay and not thought about how else they could get involved.

Also agree it's not your job to chase people up as the customer with money to spend I always think companys whatever industry shoud be falling over themselves to impress/help you out at every stage and offer you the best service possible to make sure you go with them as after all that's what your paying them for.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:18 am

I enquired via email about a hospitality package for nine people about two weeks ago and have not heard anything back. :(

I hope the club irons out this issues because they are missing out on potential revenue. The honeymoon period for the Globe will be gone soon.... :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:48 am

Wild Bill wrote:I enquired via email about a hospitality package for nine people about two weeks ago and have not heard anything back. :(

I hope the club irons out this issues because they are missing out on potential revenue. The honeymoon period for the Globe will be gone soon.... :roll:

Yet they have written to all season ticket holders advertising offers for the hospitality packages in the Wright and Lord Suite. Maybe if they took up every enquiry they wouldn;t need to offer discounted rates.

I couldn't help but feel the way the letter was written it was like we know there are problems at the ground and as season ticket holder in the MBW stand we know you are not getting great facilities at the moment so why not come in the function room as it's jolly nice in here.

I am sure it wasn't meant to be like that at all and it's just me thinking to much about things as I personally feel the ordinary fan has lost out a bit since the move but that's for another day.

P/T Indie

Postby Ntini » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:50 am

I'd just like to say a quick thank you to one of the club employees who has contacted me to offer an apology. I don't believe it is their line of work that is involved, but still got in touch.

It's good to see that some parts of the club are trying their best with regards to customer relations, but it's evident that a few issues need to be ironed out.

I understand that it's not easy getting a new venue up and running and I'm sure that, in time, the Globe will be one of, if not THE premiere facilities in Morecambe and the surrounding areas. They just need to get themselves sorted with what they're doing and hopefully no opportunity will be missed in the future.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby sgt major » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:53 am

You could always have tried the York - best buffets in town ;)
sgt major

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Why do people use this messageboard to constantly bitch about the clubs off-field operations? Surely if you initially felt strongly that you have not received the quality of care that you expected then you would take this concern to somebody who actually gave a toss? I'm sure one of the directors would have found it very interesting that a potential function had slipped through the net. Why involve the rest of us? It's one-upmanship against a phantom at best.
RedRedWine1

Postby Ntini » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:13 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Why do people use this messageboard to constantly bitch about the clubs off-field operations? Surely if you initially felt strongly that you have not received the quality of care that you expected then you would take this concern to somebody who actually gave a toss? I'm sure one of the directors would have found it very interesting that a potential function had slipped through the net. Why involve the rest of us? It's one-upmanship against a phantom at best.

It's not about bitching. It's about discussing the matters that affect our club. That's on AND off the pitch. This affects the club and, that last time I checked, this is a Morecambe FC forum, not a Morecambe FC result-and-performance-only forum.

Sometimes you have to look beyond what happens on a Saturday, and that's exactly the reason we made the move to the Globe.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Totally agree with you, Ntini.
But for Shrimpsvoices, I would never have known about your problem.
A forum must be for positive and negative views, all you have done is inform SVs of something that happened to you i.e.fact not hearsay. Hope your big day goes well next year.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Posh » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm

As it was our company that built the Globe Arena website, and also because I'm planning a function at The Globe, I thought it might be worth some background.

At the time the site was launched there were still a few teething troubles with the Globe Arena and some staff weren't in place. However that didn't stop the success of the website, and most importantly the Globe itself, which had over 14,000 visits in August alone. That brought in a huge amount of enquiries, plus phone and email that even with the best organisation in the world would have meant a backlog on responses.

The reality is that things have settled down a bit and there are some brilliant staff in place. Michelle who looks after functions in superb and really knows her stuff. Ntini - she can be reached on 01524 402307 or via the main number. I'm certain you'll get sorted out quickly.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Ntini » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Posh wrote:As it was our company that built the Globe Arena website, and also because I'm planning a function at The Globe, I thought it might be worth some background.

At the time the site was launched there were still a few teething troubles with the Globe Arena and some staff weren't in place. However that didn't stop the success of the website, and most importantly the Globe itself, which had over 14,000 visits in August alone. That brought in a huge amount of enquiries, plus phone and email that even with the best organisation in the world would have meant a backlog on responses.

The reality is that things have settled down a bit and there are some brilliant staff in place. Michelle who looks after functions in superb and really knows her stuff. Ntini - she can be reached on 01524 402307 or via the main number. I'm certain you'll get sorted out quickly.

That was who I contacted (and left a message for)! And I've still heard nothing...

I'm glad that there is obvious interest in the function suites as they really are superb rooms. And the website is also a credit to you and your colleagues.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:29 pm

P/T Indie wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:I enquired via email about a hospitality package for nine people about two weeks ago and have not heard anything back. :(

Yet they have written to all season ticket holders advertising offers for the hospitality packages in the Wright and Lord Suite. Maybe if they took up every enquiry they wouldn;t need to offer discounted rates.

I couldn't help but feel the way the letter was written it was like we know there are problems at the ground and as season ticket holder in the MBW stand we know you are not getting great facilities at the moment so why not come in the function room as it's jolly nice in here.

I am sure it wasn't meant to be like that at all and it's just me thinking to much about things as I personally feel the ordinary fan has lost out a bit since the move but that's for another day.

Have they? well they have missed a least one season ticket holder out!
heysham_mfc

Postby Christie Top Cat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Another season ticket holder missed here!!!
Christie Top Cat

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:55 pm

I also e-mailed the club about 4-5 weeks ago about pre-match hospitality for a game in January and I've also had no reply
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Have they? well they have missed a least one season ticket holder out![/quote]

hmm from the letter it looked like they had done a mail shot but maybe I am just one of the privalaged few :o. When I saw the hand written envelope I did think blimey someone has a lot of envelopes to write out.

P/T Indie

Postby outsider » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 pm

I got one ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Me too and nicely written, even got a parking space :D :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:55 pm

No letter here, then im only season ticket holder in the northern terrace! No roof ( not that it bothers me) no letter! :x
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby sardineleader » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:42 pm

I have one inviteing me to attend on sat 24 sept for the barnet game i am already there with the ball sponsor but i am going on the 25 sept :roll:
sardineleader

Postby poulton shrimp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:15 pm

ive had no letter neither :roll: i wonder why?????
poulton shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:07 am

poulton shrimp wrote:ive had no letter neither :roll: i wonder why?????

You support Leeds! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion