One question. One Answer.

Re: One question. One Answer.

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:40 pm

4-4-2

What if Sammy goes with 4-4-2 and we lose badly?
Caged Lion

Postby Troy Trotter » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Caged Lion wrote:4-4-2

If he goes 4-5-1- chances are we lose anyway
lets give it a go.
it the only way we will know the best system.
Last edited by Troy Trotter on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did someone say there were shrimps out here.
Troy Trotter

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:46 pm

good question

if we lose i still think 442 is the way forward
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 pm

10-0-0 :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:59 pm

We'd probably at least be entertaining to watch. As I said at the start of last season, it's better to be entertaining and lose than boring and lose!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby scar » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Now I wasn't at the last away game where we packed the midfield out with a 4-5-1 formation from the off, but ended up losing 4-0.

I can only go off the stats from sites like Sporting life and the BBC, but it appeared from those places, despite having more bodies in the middle park, we got out played.

So.... being out played with 5 in there, forgive me here (as above can only go on the text information) but if we only had 4 in there and another striker up front, why on earth would it be a foregone conclusion that we'd stand a better chance of bossing the midfield and getting better suppley from less players!
scar

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 am

scar wrote:Now I wasn't at the last away game where we packed the midfield out with a 4-5-1 formation from the off, but ended up losing 4-0.

I can only go off the stats from sites like Sporting life and the BBC, but it appeared from those places, despite having more bodies in the middle park, we got out played.

So.... being out played with 5 in there, forgive me here (as above can only go on the text information) but if we only had 4 in there and another striker up front, why on earth would it be a foregone conclusion that we'd stand a better chance of bossing the midfield and getting better suppley from less players!

Simple maths can explain that.

2 of the 5 were out wide = 3
1 of the 3 was pushing forward trying to link with our 1 up front = 2
1 of the remaining 2 was Drummond = 1
1 of the 1 was Stanley who ran from side to side and back to front trying to do the job of 6 because Scott was pointlessly at right back = 0
1 of the 0 was Wilson who tried to play his best role but failed = -1
Jevons went off at the start and Mullin didn't perform = -2

Consequently Oxford were playing a new formation that was quite easy to overcome
1-2-0 = 4-0

Edit: More succinctly put in Chaos Theory as explained by Jacques Hadamard (1898)
In the system studied, "Hadamard's billiards", Hadamard was able to show that all trajectories are unstable in that all particle trajectories diverge exponentially from one another, with a positive Lyapunov exponent.
Last edited by Caged Lion on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:56 am

And on more than one occasion, Morecambe players got in each others way, especially Stanners & Drummie (apparently).
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:18 am

scar wrote:Now I wasn't at the last away game where we packed the midfield out with a 4-5-1 formation from the off, but ended up losing 4-0.

you could say to many Chiefs in the Kitchen spoil a good broth.

at least with 4 4 2 we can go man for man then nobody can pass responsibility
George Dawes

Postby 1953 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Just like the good old days Aspers;----2 3 5

Postby Ntini » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:54 pm

I think we have to go 4-4-2 if only at home. I wouldn't blame Sammy for playing 4-5-1 away, but at home we have to be positive and play two up front. From the reports I've heard, confidence is falling rapidly and we have to change something. The obvious thing from people's frustration (and history from last season) is to revert to 'Plan B'.

What if we lose? Then us supporters can stop moaning about the formation and thinking 'what if?' At least Sammy will have shown, yet again, that he can positively change our team and get them back to winning ways as he has done previously.

Personally, I think we need to gice the man time. He has been in the job a while and he's always come up trumps at the end of the season.

I always thought I would be worried if I ever saw us in the relegation zone at any time of the season, but I'm not. Yes, it is disappointing for everyone involved, but I have faith in Sammy and the boys, and so should YOU!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Ntini wrote:I always thought I would be worried if I ever saw us in the relegation zone at any time of the season, but I'm not. Yes, it is disappointing for everyone involved, but I have faith in Sammy and the boys, and so should YOU!!!

I am worried, because I thought the signs were there in a few games at the end of last season (most notably at Daggers of course) that teams had sussed us out and knew we didn't have much pace up front.

We could easily have been thrashed in our last home game because they pushed up on us and caught us out several times.

My big consolation is that I've been in these situations before with Morecambe, not knowing where our next win is coming from - and Sammy has always delivered!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:33 pm

shrimper wrote:
Ntini wrote:I always thought I would be worried if I ever saw us in the relegation zone at any time of the season, but I'm not. Yes, it is disappointing for everyone involved, but I have faith in Sammy and the boys, and so should YOU!!!

I am worried, because I thought the signs were there in a few games at the end of last season (most notably at Daggers of course) that teams had sussed us out and knew we didn't have much pace up front.

We could easily have been thrashed in our last home game because they pushed up on us and caught us out several times.

My big consolation is that I've been in these situations before with Morecambe, not knowing where our next win is coming from - and Sammy has always delivered!

With such a different team and approach to last season I don't think our problems are coming from being 'sussed out' but from a lack of confidence, leadership and possibly fitness.

On Saturday it was obvious from the start that Morecambe were there for the draw and showed way too much respect to Oxford. They on the other hand went for it from the off, chased down every ball and as soon as the first went in looked like nailed on for a win.

Hate to keep repeating the same thing but we need more leaders in for Saturday. I would put Bentley in the team to grind out a 1-0 and gain some much needed confidence. Maybe also give a start too for one of our fearless new strikers. Mullin was so slow looking on Saturday, he looked like he was running backwards!
Wild Bill

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Agree about the 1-0 win with Jim Bentley in the team.

And atm it looks like nobody is running away with League Two .

And strong clubs like Morecambe , Bradford , Northampton in the bottom 6
essex_shrimp

Postby marky » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 am

I don't wish to make light of Bentley's obvious capabilities as a leader, but he isn't remotely close to being match fit. Play him and Chesterfield's strikers will tear us apart.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:29 am

marky wrote:I don't wish to make light of Bentley's obvious capabilities as a leader, but he isn't remotely close to being match fit. Play him and Chesterfield's strikers will tear us apart.

Have to agree after watching Jim in the reserve match against Tranmere at Kendal last week. Shudder to think what the Lesterfield forwards would do against him.

A recall for Haining to play with McReady in central defence and move Parrish to left back in place of the suspended Wilson.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion