Some of our fans are an absolute disgrace

Some of our fans are an absolute disgrace

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Our fans are an absolute disgrace, about 10 of them, young and old.

The guy in particular at the back who was negative and shouting abuse and swear words constantly the WHOLE way through is a disgrace and should be ashamed of himself. And I mean the whole way through, from literally 30 seconds (as soon as he realised we were 4-5-1) on the clock till 90. Who on earth are you?

Shouting and critisising Sammy the whole way through about clueless he is! Then Mullin at how slow. Then the whole team one by one. What kind of a supporter are you because you are a terrible football fan? Do you even like MFC? One fan even started calling Sammy a disgrace. What a fool! We would not be here without him. How many teams have you got promoted? (and by the way I would have started 4-5-1 at this away game).

And to top it off, this main anti Sammy & MFC guy starts joining in with a 'loyal supporters' chant. You are completely in every way the opposite and the sooner you clear off the better this club will be.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if these individuals, especially the main one, put quite a few people off travelling to away games, especially long distance ones.

Yes we were very poor. Yes their 4 midfielders dominated our 5 midfielders, but it is not the result and being bottom that is of concern to me, it is these terrible fans that have wrecked my day and many others (quite a few fans moved down to the bottom to get away from these morons).

Utter disgrace and you should all be ashamed of yourself.
Last edited by MfcChris on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Re: Our fans are an absolute disgrace

Postby Troy Trotter » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:11 pm

MfcChris wrote:Our fans are an absolute disgrace, about 10 of them, young and old.

The guy in particular at the back who was negative and shouting abuse and swear words constantly the WHOLE way through is a disgrace and should be ashamed of himself. And I mean the whole way through, from literally 30 seconds (as soon as he realised we were 4-5-1) on the clock till 90. Who on earth are you?

Shouting and critisising Sammy the whole way through about clueless he is! Then Mullin at how slow. Then the whole team one by one. What kind of a supporter are you because you are a terrible football fan? Do you even like MFC? One fan even started calling Sammy a disgrace. What a fool! We would not be here without him. How many teams have you got promoted? (and by the way I would have started 4-5-1 at this away game).

And to top it off, this main anti Sammy & MFC guy starts joining in with a 'loyal supporters' chant. You are completely in every way the opposite and the sooner you clear off the better this club will be.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if these individuals, especially the main one, put quite a few people off travelling to away games, especially long distance ones.

Yes we were very poor. Yes their 4 midfielders dominated our 5 midfielders, but it is not the result and being bottom that is of concern to me, it is these terrible fans that have wrecked my day and many others (quite a few fans moved down to the bottom to get away from these morons).

A little bit harsh :x not every one who travels away are as well off as you (life time ticket personal reg) some of us day in day out fans just get a little bit stressed out at the 4-5-1 sammy is playing when 4-4-2 is the better way.
Did someone say there were shrimps out here.
Troy Trotter

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 pm

It is not like Morecambe just lost 4-0 after the frist ten games and still are in the bottom four come on.
Next home game vs Chesterfield bring it on :arrow:
essex_shrimp

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Why did you not sing louder so nobody could here him / them

I get embarrased for others when random numpties blurt out garbage, I sometimes have to stop myself from being angry and confronting them (in a non violent way) just wanting them to consider the facts before spouting utter tosh

just dont think others would have the spine to stand beside me an support my attempt to neutralise the negative neds
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:23 pm

i think you will find that sort of behaviour at every single club in the entire football league when things are not working out on the pitch

it's normal to express your frustration as it is joy.
George Dawes

Postby Joelinho » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:31 pm

DawZi wrote:i think you will find that sort of behaviour at every single club in the entire football league when things are not working out on the pitch

it's normal to express your frustration as it is joy.

Does the fact that every other club does it excuse the behaviour? I don't think so.

It was absolutely appalling and goes against everything the club is about. How can we boast being the friendliest club in the country when we shout abuse from start to finish? It was all unfounded and from the same young man who sang "we're sh*t and we know we are" when we were losing to Macclesfield on Tuesday night.

I was embarrassed and you could tell the players were picking up on the negativity coming from the stands.

I enjoy travelling to away games, meeting new people and upholding the reputation the club has of being friendly. It's impossible when others think it's acceptable to criticise everything going on, and I mean EVERYTHING.
Joelinho

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:03 pm

if there using aggressive behaviour acting like hooligans no it's not acceptable.

but the first post what starts the topic comes across how a lot of people felt on here today go back and read this topic -> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8905

the Sword cuts both ways, players and managers should be able to take the rough with the smooth with peoples pleasure and displeasure
George Dawes

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Joelinho wrote:It was all unfounded and from the same young man who sang "we're sh*t and we know we are" when we were losing to Macclesfield on Tuesday night.

Forgot about this. Yes it was the same guy. Who on earth starts several appauling negative songs. Twice in one week.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:09 pm

Even Quinny on Radio Lancashire passed comment along the lines of it being the worst he had seen Morecambe play. :(

Another quote in the second half went along the lines of "Morecambe have literally gone to pieces and Oxford are picking them up" Again, :(
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:11 pm

But they were not playing bad at 30 seconds :?

What justifies slating the team viciously from this time frame?
MfcChris

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:12 pm

But at the end of the day (comes night), we will ALL be there next Saturday v. Chesterfield giving as much ENCOURAGEMENT as we possibly can !!

We will come good. In Sammy we trust ! COME ON MORECAMBE !
Seasider9601

Postby Troy Trotter » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Forgive and forget come noverber???????
Did someone say there were shrimps out here.
Troy Trotter

Postby shrimpinho » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 pm

MfcChris wrote:Our fans are an absolute disgrace, about 10 of them, young and old.

The word 'disgrace' here is used a bit too strongly

however i've got to agree with most of your comments, some of the stuff that was coming from the very small minority was rubbish. Yes it was frustrating to watch and yes we were poor, very poor, but like you say to start slating the manager and the players in the way that was shown today was disappointing. It got to a point were, a few of us decided to move down to bottom because we was so fed up of the constant, sarcastic comments coming from one blokes mouth.

Now I ain't here to preach and too be honest these guys will attend far more away games than me, this being my first since shrewsbury. We just have to put today down as 'one of those days' nothing went right, the players were poor and us as fans couldn't get into the game leading to the negativity rising above the chanting. BUT this is a tough league that is competitive and I have a feeling around 80% of teams will get dicked once or twice this season.

lets just get behind the lads on saturday :)

(we can't let chesterfield fans be thinking there is no atmosphere at the globe)
shrimpinho

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:15 pm

MfcChris wrote:But they were not playing bad at 30 seconds :?

he's probably seeing the team lineup and thinking here we go again 4 5 1 with Jevons who is blatantly ineffective in that role
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:15 pm

MfcChris wrote:But they were not playing bad at 30 seconds :?

Nothing whatsoever justifies it Chris mate. Nothing. I fully agree with you.

Slating the squad from such an early stage (or for that matter, at ANY stage) does not help one jot. Supporters. Definition = SUPPORT. At ALL times !!!
Seasider9601

Postby Joelinho » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:11 pm

I fully understand the frustration, I'm not exactly overjoyed with our league position and overall performance as of yet. I just think it's crossing a line when there's non stop abuse being aimed at our own players, sarcastic comments whenever we advanced into their half, and cries to sack Sammy. I remember a set of fans applauding a team off after losing 6-0 in one of the most important matches in the club's history. Where's that spirit gone?
I'm sorry to bump this thread again but I thought I'd share my thoughts.
Joelinho

Postby MancShrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 pm

I have to agree with the majority here,

This was my first away trip of the season and i was ruined by two things, firstly the first half performance which in my 15 years of following the team sticks out to be the worst 45 mins ive ever seen, but i can live with that everyone has bad days and it was just certainly ours today. But secondly the two fans ( well if you can call them that) in particular who for the whole match shouted out the most utter Bollocks ive ever heard at a football match!!

45 seconds it took one guy to shout out "sort it out Sammy". Sort what out?? we have been playing less than a minute! The constant moaning at everything even made me and my mates move positions at half time to near the front of the stand, but to my disapointment one of them followed and i had to listen to his constant moaning and unconstructive shite all over again.

Don't get me wrong the guys paid their money and therefore are entitled to say what they want within reason, but at least wait for more that 1 minute of the game to elapse before shouting " sort it out sammy?".

This is the first time ive actually heard or seen these individuals at an away match so hopefully they are not regulars, but i have to agree with others, if this was a supporters first away match then it wont just be the football that puts them off following the Shrimps in the future!!
Anyway a poor performance today but ill still be there on Saturday in the MBW, just hopefully not near these two gob shites :lol:
MancShrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I wasn't there today so I don't know what was shouted but does it really warrant a thread title saying that "our fans are an absolute disgrace" suggesting that we collectively are so? It sounds like it was just a couple of individuals and must be a one off because I haven't heard anything like this at any away games I have been to. I was there at Dagenham and that is the real way Morecambe supporters behave and I'd rather other supporters kept reading (and being envious) about that than this incident regarding a very small number of supporters on a single occassion.
Morecambe Jack

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:57 am

Does anyone know who these cretins are? Time to name and shame!! We don't need them. :twisted:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:04 am

MfcChris wrote:Our fans are an absolute disgrace, about 10 of them, young and old...................Utter disgrace and you should all be ashamed of yourself.

Got to agree with you on the content of your post. Perhaps your thread title could have added 'Some of' our fans are an absolute disgrace. I haven't heard that kind of garbage spouted at away games this season, perhaps I have not been able to hear it previously, but I didn't enjoy it. We stuck it out, but had our afternoon spoilt by the abuse.

The team performance was difficult to accept, but we have to take this on the chin and realise that we can't perform worse than this, we may perform equally badly but it isn't possible to perform worse.

Come on Morecambe, we are better than this, fans and players alike.
Caged Lion

Postby 4-4-2 Please » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 am

First of all an apology, to anyone who feels their day was ruined by actions I was involved in I can honestly say that was not my intention, however I fear my actions speak louder than my words in this case.

I was rather worked up yesterday, having also got rather worked up on Tuesday as well and that came out in a stream of negativity and bad language so I'll apologise again! Some of us show our passion for our club differently to others and may not make the best choices at times but surely everyone who attended yesterday must agree that it cannot continue like this much longer!

I will make the following observations:

Despite having the best squad in the clubs history we are bottom of the league which suggests that the system we are employing in games is not working! We played with 5 in Midfield yet did not control that area of the game, choosing to sit back rather than pressurize an Oxford team who until yesterday had not won a league game! The second half showed a marked improvement and had drummond or mullin put our best chance away then we may have gone on to take something from the game and at that point our singing fully backed the team! After that we reverted to type and the heads went down, and our negativity returned!

So shoot me down in flames if you like, tell me to clear-off, call me a disgrace but don't question my support for this football team, I will be there Saturday and I'll travel to Southend and the countless other places we'll play at this season, hopefully we'll play 4-4-2!
4-4-2 Please

Postby essex_shrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:57 am

Well I remember as a fellow Morecambe fan .

That Morecambe have improved alot at the moment and if you think about it is not all over yet!!!

We got Home games Bar net home South end Away I dunno why we can't go on a little run.

And a club like Oxford could nick a playoff spot due because the standard of Conference football going up to League Two is pretty much the same.

I see and hear some of these fans at Christie park in the North Stand now I am surprised this is happening again for the away game in Oxford
essex_shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:58 am

4-4-2 Please wrote:First of all an apology, to anyone who feels their day was ruined by actions I was involved in I can honestly say that was not my intention, however I fear my actions speak louder than my words in this case.

I was rather worked up yesterday, having also got rather worked up on Tuesday as well and that came out in a stream of negativity and bad language so I'll apologise again! Some of us show our passion for our club differently to others and may not make the best choices at times but surely everyone who attended yesterday must agree that it cannot continue like this much longer!

Despite having the best squad in the clubs history we are bottom of the league which suggests that the system we are employing in games is not working! We played with 5 in Midfield yet did not control that area of the game, choosing to sit back rather than pressurize an Oxford team who until yesterday had not won a league game! The second half showed a marked improvement and had drummond or mullin put our best chance away then we may have gone on to take something from the game and at that point our singing fully backed the team! After that we reverted to type and the heads went down, and our negativity returned!

So shoot me down in flames if you like, tell me to clear-off, call me a disgrace but don't question my support for this football team, I will be there Saturday and I'll travel to Southend and the countless other places we'll play at this season, hopefully we'll play 4-4-2!

I couldn't care less for your reasons, the fact that you have tried to justify your actions by moaning about the system is pathetic. Support is not just about turning up and then singing when we are good and berating the team/manager when not so much, you need to learn that. Until you do, you can shove your apology up your arse.
Bare Ben

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:02 am

Could I suggest you amend the title of your thread to "a small minority of our fans are an absolute disgrace".
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:23 am

4-4-2 Please wrote:First of all an apology, to anyone who feels their day was ruined by actions I was involved in I can honestly say that was not my intention, however I fear my actions speak louder than my words in this case.

I dont post on here often but I had to respond to that pathetic defence of actions.

I saw your tirade on Tuesday and it was embarrassing for the rest of us. If it was the same again yesterday then you do need to question yourself as to your motives.

Anyone who saw you on Tuesday (and yesterday by all accounts) has every right to question your support. Turning up and shouting abuse at our team is not support my friend. It is disgraceful and has a negative effect. If your actions result in just two people staying away you have harmed your club economicly and your abuse towards the pitch will have a negative effect on the players, whether you mean it or not. So yes, we will question your support.
Happy Harry

Next

Return to General Discussion