Message for the Chairman

Message for the Chairman

Postby Ned » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:37 pm

I realise the manager is a friend of yours but consider the following:- Compared to the excessive costs of the assembled team at the GHFSSRP (Globe home for sub standard released players), Accrington Stanley’s management and team budget is a pittance yet they continue to consolidate their league status whilst we may well lose ours.
Ned

Re: Message for the Chairman

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm

TOTAL TOTAL BOLLOCKS !!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm

it's still early days mush :lol:

and no doubt SM will come on here and read these forums to get our feedback :!:

when he inboxes me, i will have a word ;) :lol:
Last edited by George Dawes on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 pm

We've needed this. Now Neds got it out of the way, team will start to prove him wrong! :lol:
Crooky MFC

Postby CASS » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 pm

http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Buzza » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes Accrington are doing a very good job considering the situation they are in, But just because we have the resources and players dosen't mean its going to work straight away. Peronally knowing an Accrington player i and he believe that their success is due too the massive amount of team spirt. Team spirit is a important factor within a football team and due too the amount of new signings that have come in over the summer this wil take a little longer to achieve. Sammy has done nothing wrong apart from not going out to get the results we need and settling for draws....
Buzza

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Buzza wrote:Sammy has done nothing wrong apart from not going out to get the results we need and settling for draws....

I... err... well as long as that's all?

Anyway, welcome back Ned. Normal service has now been resumed. Ned will be OTT to ensure all negativity is directed towards him, thus fullfilling his public spirited duty and we'll soon be scoring for fun with two up front again!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Buzza » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Well it is the most important thing. But it was very similar too what happened last season and look where we finished.
Buzza

Postby MfcChris » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:05 pm

123 points left you fool
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Team Captain.

Barry has enough on his plate proving that he is the best keeper in league which he is.

I would prefer an outfield player to be team captain , IMHO it should be Stanners.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Team Captain.

Barry has enough on his plate proving that he is the best keeper in league which he is.

I would prefer an outfield player to be team captain , IMHO it should be Stanners.

i agree i have nothing against Baz as a leader, i just dont think goalkeepers make good captains.
George Dawes

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:33 pm

DawZi wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Team Captain.

i agree i have nothing against Baz as a leader, i just dont think goalkeepers make good captains.

Goal keepers don't make good captains (I play in goals myself)

I don't feel that a keeper is involved enough and although he/she can see the match, they are not always influencial enough

defence or midfield is a better area for a team captain. (they would have a better feel for the game)
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Ned has been waiting months to be able to have a bit of a rant :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Simply Ned wrote:I realise the manager is a friend of yours but consider the following:- Compared to the excessive costs of the assembled team at the GHFSSRP (Globe home for sub standard released players), Accrington Stanley’s management and team budget is a pittance yet they continue to consolidate their league status whilst we may well lose ours.

Bit disappointed in you Ned, I was expecting much, much more than that. Is that the best you can do?
broadwayshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:19 pm

NED HAS logged off and gone to sleep

bless him
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:36 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:Bit disappointed in you Ned, I was expecting much, much more than that. Is that the best you can do?

Come on, he's not match fit yet, give him time to warm up.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 am

to be fair , Ned makes a good point regarding John Coleman's stewardship of Accrington Stanley.
Coley seems to have the knack of picking up cast-offs and turning them into a decent team.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:16 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:to be fair , Ned makes a good point regarding John Coleman's stewardship of Accrington Stanley.
Coley seems to have the knack of picking up cast-offs and turning them into a decent team.

and finishing mid table at best
broadwayshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:39 am

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:to be fair , Ned makes a good point regarding John Coleman's stewardship of Accrington Stanley.

and finishing mid table at best

Bearing in mind Accy's infrastructure compared with ours and their playing budget compared with ours they over-achieve every season.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:29 am

Fair play to Ned, he is patient.

He has had to wait over 9 months to be able to post anything miserable! :lol:
Happy Harry

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:17 am

Simply Ned wrote:I realise the manager is a friend of yours but consider the following:- Compared to the excessive costs of the assembled team at the GHFSSRP (Globe home for sub standard released players), Accrington Stanley’s management and team budget is a pittance yet they continue to consolidate their league status whilst we may well lose ours.

Clearly a total prick who is just fishing. Everyone still keeps biting.
durhamshrimp

Postby bigreddog » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:48 am

I think I may have finally figured out who the muppet is, it's taken a while but...

Yes John Coleman is a morecambe legend and is making a great fist of it at accy, with a non league ground and hoof football. But I'm bored with all the coleman would do a better job nonesense, and I hear far too much of it. he's perfect for accrington and they are perfect for him. a bit of a league 2 equivalent of sam allardyce.

I'm sure none are more dissapointed with our start than the lads and management team, but the frustration is with the fact we can do so much better with the personnel we've got. but look at the circumstances, we've had a less than ideal pre-season, lots of players to integrate and the fixtures haven't exactly been easy. but it will come good.

since our promotion to the league we have finished ahead of accrington every season, the last time they finished ahead of us they won the conference and we came 5th in 2006, in a season when we had two managers. so anyone arguing that coleman would do better is simply ignoring the facts.

sammy is doing and has done a brilliant job, and I for one am 100% behind him and the lads. I wont even look at the table until after 12 games, and even then you judge a manager over the full season. when we click we'll be a match for anybody and when we do someone will get an absolute tonking. and ned can put that in his bloody diary and hold me to it.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:58 am

Total agree with you darren about the league table even though it does hurt when you look in paper and see your team bottom...barnet were top after 5 matches last season and only scraped to safety by winning last game of season so lets see what the league table looks like come april/may time and I bet we are not where we are now
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:02 pm

bigreddog wrote:I think I may have finally figured out who the muppet is, it's taken a while but...

Yes John Coleman is a morecambe legend and is making a great fist of it at accy, with a non league ground and hoof football. But I'm bored with all the coleman would do a better job nonesense, and I hear far too much of it. he's perfect for accrington and they are perfect for him. a bit of a league 2 equivalent of sam allardyce.

I'm sure none are more dissapointed with our start than the lads and management team, but the frustration is with the fact we can do so much better with the personnel we've got. but look at the circumstances, we've had a less than ideal pre-season, lots of players to integrate and the fixtures haven't exactly been easy. but it will come good.

since our promotion to the league we have finished ahead of accrington every season, the last time they finished ahead of us they won the conference and we came 5th in 2006, in a season when we had two managers. so anyone arguing that coleman would do better is simply ignoring the facts.

sammy is doing and has done a brilliant job, and I for one am 100% behind him and the lads. I wont even look at the table until after 12 games, and even then you judge a manager over the full season. when we click we'll be a match for anybody and when we do someone will get an absolute tonking. and ned can put that in his bloody diary and hold me to it.

I would take issue over the "hoof football".

Every time I have seen Accrington play us they have out-passed us with good football , hence no win over them for about 5 years.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby yozzer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:21 pm

This is all your fault Ned. I pleaded with you to make a posting but in your own selfish way you declined. Still better late than never.

Sammy will go back to playing two up front, we will get our first win on Saturday and everything will be hunky -dory. .....Possibly.....or...

Sammy will continue to play one up front to try and prove a point lose a few more games, change it when he realises his bloody-mindedness isn't working and we will surge up the table ready to repeat next season.
yozzer

Return to General Discussion