Will it be a crisis

Re: Will it be a crisis

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Simply Ned wrote:
yozzer wrote:What it needs is Negative Ned to make a posting. The only time we recover from our usual shit start is a little diatribe from old Ned. Come on Ned. Your club needs you!

I am so tempted but I will resist for as long as I can.

go on Ned , fire away !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:10 pm

Well bottom of the league, sets the team up in a 4-5-1 formation against a team that had scored just 1 league goal previously and we get stuffed, i hope the manager realises perhaps he needs to get his head out of the sand and change things.
alwaysright

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:13 pm

alwaysright wrote:Well bottom of the league, sets the team up in a 4-5-1 formation against a team that had scored just 1 league goal previously and we get stuffed, i hope the manager realises perhaps he needs to get his head out of the sand and change things.

Well Sammy said on the radio before todays game that he would keep this formations as long as we are still creating chances but after only 1 shot on target today surley it's time to change things.
heysham_mfc

Postby N Saban » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:20 pm

:cry:
I wasn't there but it seems to be that we are not learning from the mistakes. I don't claim to be a managerial expert but there are a few things i am sure most people would consider the key problems that are not being addressed and that is why were are struggling so badly!

1) firstly this slow start seems to be a pattern since sammy has taken over... it has come good with amazing results in that time but can't be acceptable. it seems to me therefore that sammy's so called wonderful pre-seasons aren't that successful at all.

2) surely our best manager is sat on the bench when he should be playing! jimbo his legs may be going but he is a leader on the pitch and with parrish and younger legs around him he would get the passion, knowledge and discipline back in the team.

3) in all the years when have morecambe ever been at their best when defending?? we are an attacking team our most dangerous partnership last year was mullin and jevo and sammy took away that advantage without the opposition needing to bother? missing 10 goals from moose won't help either.

4) we can't argue with the progress we have made in the last 4 years but neither should we put up with the same mistakes being made all the time i love my club but this is so frustrating... i'm sure we all feel that and judging by wilson's discipline and jevos reactions over the last few weeks i would say the players are feeling it too!

any thoughts?
N Saban

Postby Posh » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:25 pm

As Sammy said in his awards speech, some of the fans don't understand the plans I'm putting in place. The way it's going this season I haven't a clue. I just know it isn't working. I don't want to get a downer on our players, and people genuinely believe this is our best ever squad, yet a side featuring five signings of players released by their clubs is going to take time to shape up in to a decent side if at all. Getting out of this will be a lot harder than last season in my view.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:28 pm

i dont think sammy knows as well/week in week out.............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Everybody keeps saying this is the best squad of players we've ever had and on paper that's true. But what about other clubs. I'm sure most of them will have improved as well. Maybe this season is going to be tougher than we think.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Every season we set off with the intention of keeping clean sheets and grabbing an odd goal.
Every season this results in inviting pressure until we concede.
Every season we get more and more frustrated watching boring football.
Every season Sammy eventually changes things and we start to attack, resulting in our defence being less under pressure.

Last season we had a fantastic run, attacking teams and winning games. Then when we got in to the play offs we went down to Dagenham and lined up defensive again, resulting in us getting battered.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Always right - we got beat - didn't go so can't really comment any further other than to say most Shrimps didn't expect us to get much and a point would have been a good one there.

It's not good at the moment but you only have to go back 12 months - remember the start last season? - and it was Sammy out blah, blah, blah - its a marathon not a sprint and I don't know whether it's something wrong with pre-season training or trying to bed in so many new players at once but its a slow start. In fact its a poor start. But lets not get too excited and have a bit of faith in the people who have got Morecambe where it is - the highest its ever been in 89 years - all I am saying is have a bit of faith and remain positive - any talk of crisis is unwelcome

Up the Shrimps ;)
SkinnyShrimp

Postby alwaysright » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Results and the league table dont lie, crisis, you bet it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
alwaysright

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:47 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Well Sammy said on the radio before todays game that he would keep this formations as long as we are still creating chances but after only 1 shot on target today surley it's time to change things.

Against Wycombe we had one shot on target. Even if it had gone in, we'd have still lost.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:17 pm

It gets easier next week we are only playing Chesterfield who have not lost in league yet lol lol
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:19 pm

N Saban wrote::cry:
I wasn't there but it seems to be that we are not learning from the mistakes. I don't claim to be a managerial expert but there are a few things i am sure most people would consider the key problems that are not being addressed and that is why were are struggling so badly!

1) firstly this slow start seems to be a pattern since sammy has taken over... it has come good with amazing results in that time but can't be acceptable. it seems to me therefore that sammy's so called wonderful pre-seasons aren't that successful at all.

2) surely our best manager is sat on the bench when he should be playing! jimbo his legs may be going but he is a leader on the pitch and with parrish and younger legs around him he would get the passion, knowledge and discipline back in the team.

3) in all the years when have morecambe ever been at their best when defending?? we are an attacking team our most dangerous partnership last year was mullin and jevo and sammy took away that advantage without the opposition needing to bother? missing 10 goals from moose won't help either.

4) we can't argue with the progress we have made in the last 4 years but neither should we put up with the same mistakes being made all the time i love my club but this is so frustrating... i'm sure we all feel that and judging by wilson's discipline and jevos reactions over the last few weeks i would say the players are feeling it too!

any thoughts?

Not sure about bringing Jimbo back - sounds like he struggled to keep the pace in his last reserve game and of course Jimbo will have to step back from the first team eventually.

Apart from that, you hit the nail on the head IMO.
james456

Postby Sammy h » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:19 pm

I HAS to be 4-4-2 next week. Even stubborn Sammy must see that.
Sammy h

Previous

Return to General Discussion