Image059.jpg (11.99 KiB) Viewed 1665 times
Copy of Image041.jpg
Copy of Image041.jpg (226.08 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
Copy of Image040.jpg
Copy of Image040.jpg (235.06 KiB) Viewed 1662 times
heysham_mfc

Re: open day a few pics!

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 pm

How many fans actually turned up for the open day then !!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:13 pm

ah alas,just the team :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 am

Quite a few turned up to watch mainly kids but more turn up throughout the day to have a good look around. Half way through we had a pitch invasion which resulted in everyone having a kick about on the pitch. Then tour of the boxes and dressing room (very nice by the way) then on to meet the players and have a few drinks in the bar. Overall a good day and great chance to have a proper look around the ground and a walk on the pitch (even if that bit wasn't planned!)
Players realy approachable and easy to talk to think they also enjoyed being centre a attention for the right reasons! More clubs should do stuff like this more often pehaps do it again with a better date some time.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christie Top Cat » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:36 am

We also enjoyed the day, players great bunch of blokes willing to take a joke and have a laugh and chat. We also had a sandwich in the bar which was fresh and well presented and no morer expensive than anywhere else, coffee good too. Like the atmosphere in there
Christie Top Cat

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

A good PR exercise for the club. Before yesterday, I had only been in the club shop, ticket office hatch and Block D, so I really enjpyed the opportunity to look round the sponsors boxes, the bar area, the Wright & Lord Suite and the changing rooms. It was interesting to do the walk from the home changing room through the tunnel to the pitch...yes, we all have our dreams :)
The players were great, and it certainly makes me feel closer to the club, being allowed to get autographs for my son (who had to be at school), and to chat to Paul Mullin ,what a superb bloke he is! Stewart Drummond, Barry Roche and Neil Wainwright.I asked him about his injury and he said he was "getting there."
I may stand corrected on this next point, but as the players were in for training anyway, and some staff were on duty as normal, would it be naive to suggest that it wouldn't take an awful lot to repeat this again later this season, maybe Christmas time or March/April?
It is good for the club, and it made me feel even better about supporting my local team.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:38 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:A good PR exercise for the club. Before yesterday, I had only been in the club shop, ticket office hatch and Block D, so I really enjpyed the opportunity to look round the sponsors boxes, the bar area, the Wright & Lord Suite and the changing rooms. It was interesting to do the walk from the home changing room through the tunnel to the pitch...yes, we all have our dreams :)
The players were great, and it certainly makes me feel closer to the club, being allowed to get autographs for my son (who had to be at school), and to chat to Paul Mullin ,what a superb bloke he is! Stewart Drummond, Barry Roche and Neil Wainwright.I asked him about his injury and he said he was "getting there."
I may stand corrected on this next point, but as the players were in for training anyway, and some staff were on duty as normal, would it be naive to suggest that it wouldn't take an awful lot to repeat this again later this season, maybe Christmas time or March/April?
It is good for the club, and it made me feel even better about supporting my local team.

Preferably repeat the excercise when it is Half Term week .............. !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Couldn't agree more. Between Stevenage at home and Torquay away, no midweek game and half term.Perfect for a nice open day mark 2.
It really is the best thing they can do to get the Morecambe fans onside, as well as winning games, of course!
I was also impressed with onion soup, ham and cheese pannini and a pint of potted shrimp.
Cost: £8.60.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:35 pm

It would be good for the club to have canother open day if not this season maybe have it next pre season when kids are out of school.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion