spireites fans can eat there own words!

spireites fans can eat there own words!

Postby forces shrimp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:04 pm

after weeks of micky taking out of morecambe fc by chesterfield fans for signing keeper barry roche. They can finally be silenced.
There keeper Tommy Lee fumbled the first grimsby goal to put them on level terms after chesterfield took the lead through former grimsby stricker jack lester.
after the 90 minutes it finished 2-2 and where grimsby scoared all there penaltys putting them through to the second round.
after reading the good work that roche put in last night to keep us in the jpt i reckon we can have the last laugh!
forces shrimp

Re: spireites fans can eat there own words!

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Barry was a total hero last night, its great to see we have now got a good spinne to the team starting at the most important position, good on you mate!!

lets have a few more down on saturday!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby slackAlice » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 am

Spireites aint the only ones neither. Whilst we had our pre-match meal [MaCdonalds] at Notts Forest we were sat next to some Forest fans - who couldn't stop laughing about our keeper - he had a spell for them and made a few mistakes. I notice Forest have the worst goal difference [after Burnley !] in the championship and have let in 10 goals in 4 matches.

I have every confidence in Barry after Tuesday night - he was outstanding.
slackAlice

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:10 am

To be fair to the Chesterfield fans I don't think its his shot stopping that has ever been in question more that for a big fella he didn't command his box as well as they thought he should.

Some of the saves he has pulled off this season have been brilliant the one that sticks out for me was when Rob Earnshaw was one on one with him at Forest.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 am

Why are you sticking up for Chesterfield fans? Did you used to live there or summat? ;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 am

shrimper wrote:Why are you sticking up for Chesterfield fans? Did you used to live there or summat? ;)

:oops:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:48 pm

shrimper wrote:Why are you sticking up for Chesterfield fans? Did you used to live there or summat? ;)

I think he should changed his name back to incorporate chesterfield as he isn't even a part time Indie anymore. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:42 pm

If it wasn't for Barry, we'd of been around 4-0 down at halftime, a super performance. I have been impressed with him so far, apart from a few mistakes he's looked solid :)
Crooky MFC

Postby BHmfc » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 pm

I've seen him in 4 games now and he is a great shot stopper, my only concern is his positioning, which at times lets him down. If he works on this part of his game (which i'm sure he is) then he could prove a great signing.
BHmfc

Return to General Discussion