O/T - Bristol Rovers 0 v SCUMAMPTON 4...

O/T - Bristol Rovers 0 v SCUMAMPTON 4...

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 am

...and then The Scummers sack Pardew :shock:
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - Bristol Rovers 0 v SCUMAMPTON 4...

Postby matty » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:58 am

Who cares about Southampton/Portsmouth - they're all Skates or bastard offspring of Skates.
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby AJC » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 am

This dismissal was obviously being lined up well before the game against BR, and they must already have his replacement ready to sign the dotted line. I think this might have happen with Southgate last season, who had a poor start to the season with Middlesbrough, won a game that got them into the playoff position and got sacked straight after. In both cases the chairman has already decided a week or two ago that they want the manager out, but are making sure they have an adequate replacement lined up before they do so, rather than making a knee-jerk reaction. However, I think Pardew has been harshly done by here, as he would've had them in the playoffs in his first season if the chairman could manage his books and keep them out of administration. So unless they have a really world class manager ready to succeed Pardew, it's ridiculously premature to judged him on the first two games and preseason.
AJC

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:26 am

matty wrote:Who cares about Southampton/Portsmouth - they're all Skates or bastard offspring of Skates.

A bit vitriolic.
What's a Skate?
Plain Peter

Postby stevanshrimp » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:57 am

Fishy :cry:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 am

I was reading yesterday someones copy ( :? ) of The Sun's Monday Football Supplement and throughout, they refer to Southampton as "South Coast Club."

For eg, in the results section and match report, it said, "Bristol Rovers 0 South Coast Club 4" and also in the match report refused to name the Saints players by name !

Apparently, their Chief Executive (or someone like) has banned local and national newspaper photographers from their matches for whatever reason !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 am

Have a peek on their forum.
Plain Peter

Postby The Marksman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:26 am

I heard about that a while ago. I think they were trying to sign an exclusive match reporting/picture taking deal with a company, who then turned around and said "we don't agree with your policy of excluding everyone else" and refused to sign the deal.
The Marksman

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Strange appointment.
Glad they never poached Eddie Howe.
Could be Scummers v Shrimps next season.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion