Hospitality at the Globe

Hospitality at the Globe

Postby Harry » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:14 pm

If you get the chance, do it!

My 21st birthday was yesterday and we booked a table in the Wright and Lord Suite and I must say how fantastic it was. We were made to feel completely welcome by all the staff who couldn't do enough for us, the food and drink was absolutely superb and the seats close to the dugout were great. Gillingham equalising was the only sour point on an otherwise top day, and great value at 35 pounds (I think) per person for 5 hours of entertainment.

A cracking birthday and may I say thank you to everyone who made it so.
Harry

Re: Hospitality at the Globe

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:18 pm

I suppose you didn't have a dry pie like some of us :( :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:19 pm

did the 35 quid include all your food, drinks, and match ticket :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:25 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:did the 35 quid include all your food, drinks, and match ticket :?:

And any reserved parking space by any chance mate on site ?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:31 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:did the 35 quid include all your food, drinks, and match ticket :?:

Don't be silly! I would think VAT will be added as well.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Had pie and peas in the bar today. excellent and had gravy on it.

be better when they are doing proper Sunday lunches in there as well as meals on lunchtimes during the week.

I passed tonight and they have a sign out on the main road advertising the lounge bar was open :D :D :D :D :D :D
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:58 pm

Looks like it is getting better :D
heysham_mfc

Postby al1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:32 pm

well said harry,good to see something positive on here.its a shame that the snipers(potatohead+seasonsinthesun)had to respond in the negative as usuall.they call themselves 'supporters'! unbelievable :twisted:
al1

Postby Harry » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 am

35 quid includes seats, food, tea and coffee and parking spaces. Wine (which was very good) is an extra.
Harry

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:28 am

al1 wrote:well said harry,good to see something positive on here.its a shame that the snipers(potatohead+seasonsinthesun)had to respond in the negative as usuall.they call themselves 'supporters'! unbelievable :twisted:

So, I'm a sniper now am I?
Here are the facts, not opinions.
Fact 1: There were no peas and gravy, hence I signed the petition, did you?
Fact 2: There were only pies available under Block D, therefore my comment about dry pies is true.What is available to Harry and friends in corporate executive land may be better.
Fact 3: It will be really cold in winter in the main stand, if that breeze coming in last Saturday is anything to go by.
Fact 4: Marky no.1 is a top bloke, as he makes the effort to go to every game, home or away.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:48 am

al1 wrote:its a shame that the snipers(potatohead+seasonsinthesun)had to respond in the negative as usuall.they call themselves 'supporters'! unbelievable :twisted:

Read it and re-read it, I can't work out what is "negative" about asking a straight forward question? If anything, it opened up an opportunity for a further positive comment explaining what good value it was.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby al1 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:14 pm

sorry keith,i read this board a lot but post rarely.the 2 members i mentioned earlier have sniped all through the summer about the new ground and many other things.i am certain that they have contributed to the loss of mark s from this board and im sure others as well.in future i will ignore their moaning and treat them with the contempt they deserve.
just to add that i did not criticise marky no1 at all,he is obviously a true fan and is always positive.
i rest my case.
al1

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Harry wrote:If you get the chance, do it!

My 21st birthday was yesterday and we booked a table in the Wright and Lord Suite and I must say how fantastic it was. We were made to feel completely welcome by all the staff who couldn't do enough for us, the food and drink was absolutely superb and the seats close to the dugout were great. Gillingham equalising was the only sour point on an otherwise top day, and great value at 35 pounds (I think) per person for 5 hours of entertainment.

A cracking birthday and may I say thank you to everyone who made it so.

you dont look 21 on that picture, i thought that was you :o
George Dawes

Postby CASS » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:42 pm

We have a table for 12 booked for the Bury game + transport from the sticks and back £50 all in.
Not sure as yet what time to set off 12.30 or 13.00 8-)
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:48 pm

CASS wrote:We have a table for 12 booked for the Bury game + transport from the sticks and back £50 all in.
Not sure as yet what time to set off 12.30 or 13.00 8-)

That's a bargain at £4 a head Cass :lol: I would get there for 1pm if I were you.
marky No.1

Postby CASS » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:52 pm

I wish.. :lol:
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:11 pm

You're arriving very early.. match starts at 7.45.p.m.!
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:03 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:You're arriving very early.. match starts at 7.45.p.m.!

:lol: :lol: I would still aim for 1 anyway :o

Cass I hope you know Bury is on a Tuesday night? In which case get there for 6 ;)

al1 wrote:,he is obviously a true fan and is always positive.
:o :D :D
marky No.1

Postby scar » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

I've tried to book stuff up there but no-one ever got back to either myself or my cousin who was also trying!

It certainly looked spot on though (peering through the window :lol: )
scar

Postby Dragofly » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:19 pm

al1 wrote:s[S]orry k[K]eith,i[I] read this board a lot[,] but post rarely.t[T]he 2 members i[I] mentioned earlier have sniped all through the summer[,] about the new ground[,] and many other things.i[I] am certain that they have contributed to the loss of mark s from this board[,] and i[I][']m sure [some] others as well.i[I]n future i[I] will ignore their moaning[,] and treat them with the contempt they deserve.
j[J]ust to add that i[I] did not criticise marky no1 at all,he is obviously a true fan and is always positive.
i[I] rest my case.

Having read, re-read, and re-re-read your post, I think I now have a loose understanding of your point. I think this North Korean attitude is marvellous, and will benefit all of us in the future, keep up the good work! I have taken the time to translate your post so that (hopefully) more people will be able to understand your central point.
PS I would struggle to post so lucidly in North Korean so well done.
Dragofly

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 pm

al1, do not know what your beef is with me, marks is a good freind of mine, he takes me with a pinch of salt, and he knows i am down there week in week out, i do not know seasonsinthesun, but reading his posts, he comes across as a regular fan that is entitled to an opinion, my query on this topic has given myself a very positive answer to the meal deal, i will be sending seasons a pm to see if he or she fancies a table for two at the next home game :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Dragofly and mrpotatohead are one

am i right :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm

very wrong, I could never aspire to be that great man :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:al1, do not know what your beef is with me, marks is a good freind of mine, he takes me with a pinch of salt, and he knows i am down there week in week out, i do not know seasonsinthesun, but reading his posts, he comes across as a regular fan that is entitled to an opinion, my query on this topic has given myself a very positive answer to the meal deal, i will be sending seasons a pm to see if he or she fancies a table for two at the next home game :lol: :lol:

From what I've heard, this corporate thing is very expensive, and let's face it,Mr.potato head,
we are just seen as a couple of snipers who have spent the summer being negative about the new ground and many other things, according to al1.
I'll see you in the bar someday, Marky no.1.knows who I am. :)
seasonsinthesun

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:07 am

How much was the pie, peas and gravy in the bar? I heard someone complaining it was an extra 80p for gravy.

Sounds like harry got a bargin at £35 all in I thought it was £50 per person like Cas says, going in the hospitality for the Shrews ame lookin forward to it.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Return to General Discussion