Chris Shuker

Re: Chris Shuker

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 pm

No it shouldnt mrky no.5 lol
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 am

Sammy h wrote:Carlisle Paul did not leave the message board, he was having a giraffe :lol:

He told me at the Burnley match he was leaving and the message wasn't a joke. He'll be back although he may need to set up another e-mail address if he wants to re-register under a different name!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:15 pm

The Shuker situation is an odd one. Rundle, who set up both goals against Coventry, gets injured. Rather than replace him with say Neil Wainwright who has done well on the left we instead get Shuker to switch wings and bring in Duffs on the right. I'm not Duffs greatest fan because of his lack of pace but he's got great feet and Gills doubled up on him, which helped us enormously.

The problem is what happens when Rundle returns.

P.S. Paul said the same to me too.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby james456 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:20 pm

IMO, Rundle must come in for Shuker on Saturday (assuming he's fit). Then move Duffy to the right. As Posh says, he's not a fast player but neither are the rest of our wingers!
james456

Postby Fallowfield Shrimp » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:30 pm

I've only seen the Coventry and Rotherham games and I thought that Chris Shuker played alright. Certainly showed enough promise to be given a bit more time to settle into a new team, level and system.

I cant understand why anyone would want to be constantly on his back, especially when up against a defence that was in the premier league last season. Give it a rest and let him get on with it.

Posh, I'm pretty sure that, despite reports to the contrary, it was Jevons who set up the 2nd goal against Coventry. Check out the pictures and video again, you'll see I'm right.
Fallowfield Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:34 pm

if Rundle pulled his hamstring it normally takes more than a couple of weeks to heal and if you try and rush them back you can make it worse and then be out for a good month or two

id keep Shuker on the right-wing where he's more effective and keep Duffy on the left because he tends to cut inside with the ball anyway than cross it first time
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Paul told me yesterday he had not left the message board. He knows me and he knows that i was only joking regarding the 'Sammy out' thread.
Sammy h

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:13 pm

As i said in my first post; he is a fantastic player and proven this everywhere he has been. Its just frustrating expecting so much from a player and not seeing it happen. I have no doubt we will start seeing more consistant performances as the season goes on!
chrise27007mk2

Previous

Return to General Discussion