That is why lower league football is great

That is why lower league football is great

Postby Sammy h » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Just got back from the globe bar now. Met three superb Gillingham fans, they were even playing football with the kids outside the globe. I have made great friends over the years with Barnet, Northampton and Bournemouth fans over the years. I have now made great friends from Gillingham. What a night. See you in April Gills!
Sammy h

Re: That is why lower league football is great

Postby stevanshrimp » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Glad they were allowed in.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:39 am

Carlisle Paul dragged them in from nowhere and they looked terrified! But then he bought them all a beer and all was good, 3 top lads. Where are you Stanley Bowles?
Bare Ben

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:20 am

totally agree 3 really good lads and very knowledgeable about there club ..enjoyed the banter with them
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:20 am

Bare Ben wrote:Carlisle Paul dragged them in from nowhere and they looked terrified! But then he bought them all a beer and all was good, 3 top lads. Where are you Stanley Bowles?

Im playing hide and seek your it :lol:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Stanley Bowles wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Carlisle Paul dragged them in from nowhere and they looked terrified! But then he bought them all a beer and all was good, 3 top lads. Where are you Stanley Bowles?

I'm playing hide and seek your it :lol:

Your spelling is atrocious Stanley, you missed "a t" out!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby robbo_gills » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:05 pm

Hello! Thanks for your kind comments...just wanted to say thank you for being so friendly towards us yesterday. All 3 of us had a top day and evening, it was great to meet you all and really enjoyable to spend time at the club.

Morecambe certainly has to go down as my favourite away day so far as a Gills fan...such a friendly place, I had a great time up there. Shame it's so far away though...got home at 4:30 this afternoon, having set off from Wigan (yes, I know....) at 9:30 this morning.

Oh well, glad I made the journey for sure...look forward to seeing everyone down at Priestfield in April :D
robbo_gills

Postby Sammy h » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 am

robbo_gills wrote:Hello! Thanks for your kind comments...just wanted to say thank you for being so friendly towards us yesterday. All 3 of us had a top day and evening, it was great to meet you all and really enjoyable to spend time at the club.

Morecambe certainly has to go down as my favourite away day so far as a Gills fan...such a friendly place, I had a great time up there. Shame it's so far away though...got home at 4:30 this afternoon, having set off from Wigan (yes, I know....) at 9:30 this morning.

Oh well, glad I made the journey for sure...look forward to seeing everyone down at Priestfield in April :D

WIGAN? You stayed in Wigan? :lol: :lol: Did you manage to see the pier? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby robbo_gills » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Sammy h wrote:
robbo_gills wrote:Hello! Thanks for your kind comments...just wanted to say thank you for being so friendly towards us yesterday. All 3 of us had a top day and evening, it was great to meet you all and really enjoyable to spend time at the club.

WIGAN? You stayed in Wigan? :lol: :lol: Did you manage to see the pier? :lol:

lol yes, we stayed in Wigan...cracking place :P No we didn't get to the Pier unfortunately...didn't get to Wigan til half 10 and by then we decided MOTD and the FLS were a better option. Shows how good the Globe was though, we sacrificed arriving early in Wigan and going to the pier to spend more time with you guys ;)
robbo_gills

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah, it's hard to leave when you can't find the door :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby halfwayprawn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:26 pm

Especially on the top floor ;) ;) .
halfwayprawn

Postby Keith » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:48 am

Thread re-opened after being cleaned up. Some 'non-offensive' responses were removed too simply because they no longer made sense once the numpty stuff had gone.

Back on subject, I think its great that we've not lost the warmth & friendliness of non-league by becoming a League club, long may it continue.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion