ANDY WELSH THE NEW SIGNING!!

ANDY WELSH THE NEW SIGNING!!

Postby JJ14ALL » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 am

HI guys im new to this but belive me andy welsh is the man sammy is after.He has bin training with us last week and sammy has bin trying to get the deal done in time for him to play 2night but nothing as yet.Just watch this space and remember wher you heard it first :P :P :P
JJ14ALL

Re: ANDY WELSH THE NEW SIGNING!!

Postby Ego Tripping » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 am

Ego Tripping

Postby CASS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 am

JJ14ALL wrote:HI guys im new to this but belive me andy welsh is the man sammy is after.He has bin training with us last week and sammy has bin trying to get the deal done in time for him to play 2night but nothing as yet.Just watch this space and remember wher you heard it first

Sat 13.00 Northumberland Av. From a scource ;)
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby morecambes_robbo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:46 am

look out for number 7, he scores a header too http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tn4vowfm5Wo
I havent seen that much FILA since The Business
morecambes_robbo

Postby bigreddog » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:20 am

He appears to be unattached as well. Which means the transfer window doesn't count.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Phoenix » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:23 am

I read something about the transfer window last night, they have to be un-attached at the close of the window. I'm also sure I was told they can be signed if they have been un-attached for over 30 days but I can't find any evidence to back that up.

There's also the 7 days afer the window closes when you can't sign anyone, contract or loan.
Phoenix

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:38 am

Looking at his age and the company he has played in he looks like he could be a great addition to the squad - lets hope so :!:
SkinnyShrimp

Postby John L » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:54 am

SkinnyShrimp wrote:Looking at his age and the company he has played in he looks like he could be a great addition to the squad - lets hope so :!:

Reading comments on the Blackpool forums, they didn't think much of him, apart from his crossing ability. Let's hope he's simply more suited to League 2!
John L

Postby shrimper » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 am

He has always, it seems, played at a higher level - even the Prem. And, in a couple of cases, his teams have been promoted and brought in better players and he's fallen down the pecking order.
There was obviously something there for him to have impressed clubs like Sunderland and Leicester.

If he does come to us, we can hope that he sees it as the proper re-start of his career and a chance to work his way up the ladder again.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:27 am

I agree - his goal ratio is not great at 1 in 20 but he must have had something to feature in the first 11 of a premership aquad - he has also had a stint at Macclesfield so perhaps Sammy knows of him from that - I for one would rather Sammy tried to pick up players at this age who obviously have talent but have maybe lost thier way a little rather than unproven players at this level - we need some quality after losing Baker & Tommo and with this lad and maybe Wainwright on the wings and Howe & O'Carrol up the middle we might carry a bit more threat and start playing football in the opposing teams half - positive news if we get him
SkinnyShrimp

Postby John L » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:13 pm

SkinnyShrimp wrote:he has also had a stint at Macclesfield so perhaps Sammy knows of him from that

His loan spell at Macclesfield was in 2002, when Sammy was the Northern Ireland boss. They were at Stockport together, during Welsh's final year at the club. Interestingly, Welsh left Stockport the day before Sammy was sacked! :geek:
John L

Postby Neil G » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 am

JJ14ALL wrote:HI guys im new to this but belive me andy welsh is the man sammy is after.He has bin training with us last week and sammy has bin trying to get the deal done in time for him to play 2night but nothing as yet.Just watch this space and remember wher you heard it first :P :P :P

Looking likely he's going to sign for Yeovil, I remember where I heard it first :lol:

http://www.yeovil.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... p?a=123339
Neil G

Postby JJ14ALL » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:14 am

YES very SORRY :oops: but was told it was a done deal.
JJ14ALL

Return to General Discussion