Morecambe 1 - 1 Gillingham

Re: Morecambe 1 - 1 Gillingham

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:06 pm

jonnythedog wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:so you could probably say that the midweek game may have taken it's toll.

sir, is that an excuse on behalf of the team........

Ohh, have I committed a faux pas?

It was merely an observation followed by lazy speculation. :mrgreen:

:lol:
dont you talk frenchie to me :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:38 pm

First half...NEGATIVE with only 1 man up top
Second half..a bit more POSITIVE with Mullers alongside PJ

Abut time Spencer was given a first team run out.
PJ was booked more out of frustration than anything else.

Considering that they haven't won away for well over 15 months...2 points dropped. At 1-0 we should be going for the jugular!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Abut time Spencer was given a first team run out.

yes, 8-) but we have to ask SM first :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Should have been 7-1 but for the great goalkeeping from Barry.
halfwayprawn

Postby MfcChris » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Poor game poor performance. Another bad performance from Moss, although maybe it was because his opposite was good. Jevons just jumps around and looks so frustrated, you can tell he is a class player. Needs to stay on side more. He is a carlton&blinkhorn!

Thought Duffy was awesome today and takes his man on very well. Wish other players would do that more.

Thought Gills were an okay side and could of snatched all the points. 10 points behind top already, we are doomed :lol:

Looking forward to going to Oxford now, hopefully win, probably be a draw.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Duffy, needs to take his man on and beat him, then get his cross in instead of messing about. In other words put a proper shift in.Dito Shuker.
Last edited by halfwayprawn on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halfwayprawn

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 pm

There was more movement up front from the Gills all through the match. You can not blame the ref for our lack of inventiveness.
halfwayprawn

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:16 pm

No surprise when Mossy went off at half time, he was left for dead time and time again by their forwards and on one occasion i looked across at Sammy from my point in the West Stand and he looked in total despair.

Andy Fleming today, i thought, was awesome once again.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Thought we were poor today. Moss and Shuker were very poor. Duffy looked good in patches but no pace. Loz Wilson looks a real threat when he gets forward but rarely does. As a result what should be two threatening flanks were neutered. As a result our best outfield player in the first half was Fleming whose touch and vision are just superb (even he went quiet in the second half).

Defence looks solid but if we're going to avoid a third consecutive start to the season with 1 win in 10 games we've got to change the formation and personnel.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 pm

personnel.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby MancShrimp » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Not the greatest of performances today!

Big Baz again immense, thought Moss was poor, it wont do his confidence any good being brought off at half time but Sammy made the right call for me. I was cringing late on in the first half when i thought he was going to dive in on there winger in the box.

Parrish today looked quality, always in the right place and dealt with that Giant stiker, Stanners took his goal well and spread they play nicely at times.

I thought we lacked again in the final third today even when Mullin came on we didnt create that much and were lucky not to have lost in the later stages.

Still a point is better the nothing, and if we can play poorly against decent sides and still come away with somthing from the game im sure we will be there or there abouts in April/May.

Id like to see Spencer start on Tuesday he looked sharp and wanted the ball all the time when he came on.
MancShrimp

Postby Posh » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:49 pm

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Posh wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:personnel.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict ... =personnel

of course
:lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby Happy Harry » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Thank God for Big Baz!
Happy Harry

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:58 am

MancShrimp wrote:Still a point is better the nothing, and if we can play poorly against decent sides and still come away with somthing from the game im sure we will be there or there abouts in April/May.

Play for a draw against good sides at home, play for a draw and get beaten by good sides away from home and we'll be lucky to be mid-table.

We've not played well in the league yet but we've also not played for a win yet either. Hopefully we will go to Oxford on Saturday with the mentality & formation that suggests we are better than them and we're going to score a hat-full rather than five at the back and hope we snatch one.

Not to worry, it'll soon be November and then we can start playing. :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:13 am

Happy Harry wrote:Thank God for Big Baz!

No matter how big their new stadium is or how quickly they built it, it's performances like yesterday that make Chesterfield look a laughing stock! :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:18 am

One thing that concerned me yesterday was the lack of leadership on the pitch in terms of talking to each other.
Barry certainly led by example with his performance, but the only positive communication I saw was at the start of the second half when Jim Bentley went on the pitch and went round each player to give them encouragement before the second half began.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:23 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:One thing that concerned me yesterday was the lack of leadership on the pitch in terms of talking to each other.
Barry certainly led by example with his performance, but the only positive communication I saw was at the start of the second half when Jim Bentley went on the pitch and went round each player to give them encouragement before the second half began.

I think Jim Bentley is still the captain, it's just the person wearing the arm band needs to be on the pitch.
Bare Ben

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:25 am

Roche saved us loads of times. Moss very poor and completely out classed by there number 11. Parrish and McCready dealt really well against Akinfenwa. Shuker was appalling, he kept on giving away the ball and running into touch.
Little Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Overall assessment of the game yesterday was very poor...Gillingham looked a better side than there away form suggests and if they sort out there away form will be strong contenders for at least the play offs....We played better at Burton last week and lost so a point against the Gills is a bonus and one we didnt deserve...Hopefully some of the squad players will get a game in mickey mouse cup on tuesday
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:44 pm

shrimps1970 wrote:Overall assessment of the game yesterday was very poor...Gillingham looked a better side than there away form suggests and if they sort out there away form will be strong contenders for at least the play offs....We played better at Burton last week and lost so a point against the Gills is a bonus and one we didnt deserve...Hopefully some of the squad players will get a game in mickey mouse cup on tuesday

The mickey mouse cup does have its final at Wembley Stadium ;)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Previous

Return to General Discussion