The Globe appears to be really being slated by other fans

Re: The Globe appears to be really being slated by other fans

Postby HALMA 1983 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:12 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Can anyone name another football club that serves gravy and peas?

I'm not interested in what other clubs do because it's exactly the same as what were now providing, Bland, Boring, Dry and worst of all Burnt = Poor value for money at £2-30 at time and certainly of a standard not fitting of its salubrious surroundings.

What we (did) or had was something very special and that most certainly should have been incorporated in the plans of transition from Christie to our beautiful new home, it's not as if it's rocket science! Use the same products to provide the same quality enjoyed by so many for so long.............Simples :ugeek:
HALMA 1983

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:15 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Can anyone name another football club that serves gravy and peas?

Burton?

Why be like every other football ground anyway?

To make the Globe more pleasent for all visiting I hope the club does the following:

-Cover the home concourse before the weather gets worse. Maybe even do a Burton and have a couple of TVs to show the game whilst it is on and half time results.

- Extend the wall at the back of the away end for obvious reasons!

- Put a electronic scoreboard or at least a standard one and a clock over the North terrace.

- Bring back peas 'n' gravy!

Other than that I think we have a ground to be proud of. The Atmosphere last night disproves that new-builds equal a reduction in your atmosphere.

Also well done to the club for having the sence to bring in extra catering to ease queues in the MBW Stand. :D
Wild Bill

Postby trojan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:57 pm

P.N.E. do pies ,peas and gravy for £3.80
trojan

Postby stoyles » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Posh wrote:

I think the board of MFC are now aware of the problems at the back of the away stand with both away fans, police and others complaining. Two big issues really loss of revenue - there's no way I'd try and queue in there and trhey must be losing £500 or more a match with people unwilling to buy - and health and safety. As my Burnley mate said, 'if someone had tripped up or a fight started', you could have serious crush injuries. Additionally I hate going to grounds where they treat away fans like shit and I really hope and expect we wouldn't do that to people who visit us. It's bad enough we bar away fans from the bar at the front - OK I can understand it with teams like Coventry, Burnley and Bradford and they could be the exceptions as opposed to the rule, but we've always been welcomed in mixed bars at Dagenham, York, Rochdale and many others. Stewards throwing out families with young kids from Rotherham out of the bar is pretty contemptable (do unto others as you would done unto yourself).

Finally no peas and gravy (or sauce) - the amount of people who are refusing to buy dry pies is ridiculous and must have hit sales. Bring back the pie girls PLEASE!

only problem with that is the home bar is'nt even big enough to cope with our fans.
stoyles

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:09 pm

I agree. Used to look forward to thinking what I would have at half time. My son always had chips and gravy, I changed depending on the weather and what I felt like: sometimes it was pie and peas, or chips and ketchup, or pie and gravy, or even chips and peas, and a Bovril when it was colder.
Now, because of the queues, it's a coffee for me and a hot chocolate for son before the Globe action begins, and half time is just a toilet stop where I join...oh no, another queue.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby stevanshrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:41 pm

nik wrote:The club cannot provide peas and gravy without getting a change in the catering certificates they hold, having to provide 'cooking' equipment in the bars as opposed to 'heating' equipment. You will find we offer the same level of catering as pretty much every premier league club.

I think you can "heat" peas and gravy.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 am

Pictures from last night and it does not look good
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2120390332
halftimeresults

Postby yorkshire shrimp » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 pm

A bit belated this but i came up for the Rotherham match & stayed up in Morecambe for the following week , having followed the photographic progress of the construction of the globe aren & seen the photos of the completed article in the temporary club shop / office in town my expectations were quite limited. However my first match at the globe was a fantastic / memorable experience , the approach to the stadium on a sunny afternoon was awesome , i purchased tickets for the Peter McGuigan stand nice & early to avoid queues later.The air conditioned club shop withs its mix of club merchandise & " bench " gear is very pleasant & organised. I took a walk round the stadium perimeter & noted the areas for bike parking & away coaches.
The view from the stand is amazing with the leg room & depths of the rows perfect for viewing.
The club bar is well set out & comfy , toilets are clean & pleasant but i agree that common sense with regard to visiting fans could be used. Morecambe FC has always been renouned for having friendly fans & i think most fans of most visiting clubs would be welcome in the bar. Being a live attender at other sports i have always thought that segregation of fans in football causes more problems than it often solves , the one thing i prefer in other sports is the contact & relationships with other fans.
Anyway - life in our shiny new home goes on & no problem exists that cant be solved !!
yorkshire shrimp

Postby shrimper » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Great, great post!

Mrs Shrimper and kids thought it was a completely different (and hundred times better) experience than Christie and will come far more often than they have done previously. I hope a lot more will feel the same.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:05 pm

shrimper wrote:Great, great post!

Mrs Shrimper and kids thought it was a completely different (and hundred times better) experience than Christie and will come far more often than they have done previously. I hope a lot more will feel the same.

The Globe has the potential to be much better than CP but these issues raised need to be dealt with quickly to avoid losing fans; including those away supporters that a club of our size greatly relies upon.

Get it right and we could easily see our average gate go up 500+ for the long term. :D
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 pm

I hope that the Board read this genuine concern and rectify the problem before somebody is seriously injured.

I'm surprised that they didin't realise that there would be a problem during the build or that Globe didn't alert the club to it. Can't understand how the Architects didn't realise the problem during the initial design process.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby stevanshrimp » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Christies Child wrote:I hope that the Board read this genuine concern and rectify the problem before somebody is seriously injured.

I'm surprised that they didin't realise that there would be a problem during the build or that Globe didn't alert the club to it. Can't understand how the Architects didn't realise the problem during the initial design process.

It is not something that can be solved overnight though. There are alot of people who will have to be consulted from Planning to Building reg's to Construction. Also, who should foot the bill for an alteration and a rebuild etc; I am hopeful that the process is underway though.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby drinkduffbeers » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:15 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I hope that the Board read this genuine concern and rectify the problem before somebody is seriously injured.

It is not something that can be solved overnight though. There are alot of people who will have to be consulted from Planning to Building reg's to Construction. Also, who should foot the bill for an alteration and a rebuild etc; I am hopeful that the process is underway though.

I wonder if an uneasy compromise would be to scrap the current kiosk and just use the back of the stand for toilet facilities and make it one way to prevent any chance of a crush. Then build another kiosk in the quadrant between the main and away stands. I know it comes down to extra expence but would save a hell of a lot of re modeling. I really think this is one that the club/ globe will just need to take on the chin so we can move on and have a stadium to really be proud of.
drinkduffbeers

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:41 pm

....and as for the local Planning Authority giving the go ahead...... :?: :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 pm

i cant say to much! who i was speaking to at the club!

but the police apparently were saying at the burnley game that that wall in the away end should be knocked down ASAP on health & safety grounds !

and its a accident waiting to happen ie. if there was a panic/fight there would be a serious crush!

well done the architects and the rose tinted mob who think ive been negative!
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 pm

rose tinted or not, the away visitors seem to have a bum deal by the look of things at the globe :roll:

Home end , same old :?:

car wash, same old :?:

main stand, hmmmm, unless you are going corporate, have a big dinner at toby, couple of pints outside the ground, fill your kids pockets with goodies from home, enjoy the great view :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Previous

Return to General Discussion