Craig stanley

Craig stanley

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 am

Does anyone else agree that he is the key to Morecambe success?The amount he has come on over the last 2 seasons is amazing.He is pulling all the strings in midfield,and i just pray we can hold on to him :!:
bentomlinsonMFC

Re: Craig stanley

Postby George Dawes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:15 am

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Does anyone else agree that he is the key to Morecambe success?The amount he has come on over the last 2 seasons is amazing.He is pulling all the strings in midfield,and i just pray we can hold on to him :!:

i wouldn't go as far as saying he's the key, but he is proving to be very important

for me this midfield we have is now is collectively equal as a team with Scott who as impressed me and Fleming with his goal scoring threat from midfield and plus the wide men who are supplying ammunition but it ends there :|
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 am

craig?? is that you? :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 am

Hes not the key there are many other team members who have been vital in the rise of MFC, but yes he is an important part of the team.
heysham_mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 am

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:Does anyone else agree that he is the key to Morecambe success?The amount he has come on over the last 2 seasons is amazing.He is pulling all the strings in midfield,and i just pray we can hold on to him :!:

Have you sussed it yet? bentomlinsonMFC is really Craig.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:56 am

DAMN u caught me :oops: hahaha joking...... no i just think he has improved greatly the last 2 years,and i think our midfield is good enough to win the league.
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby shrimper » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 pm

I remember having a discussion about Stanners either just before or just after we were promoted and we were thinking about which players would be able to hack it in the Football League.

There are players who can look brilliant at one level of football, then just look completely out of their depth (for whatever reason) when they move up a level.

Then there are others who are consistent, solid and efficient at the same lower level BUT can be just as effective as they move up the divisions.

I always had Stanners down as the latter and was confident he'd make the step up. I think he's been great the two games I've seen.

I also like Scott, Fleming and McCready and think that both Rundle and Shuker play their part in an improved squad.

But I agree with Dawzi that we need to see something more - or different - once we get near the goal area.

It may 'click' with the current set-up soon, otherwise I hope Sammy will do what he always does and come up with another answer.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:57 pm

shrimper wrote:, otherwise I hope Sammy will do what he always does and come up with another answer.

He has:
McIlroy said: "With a bit more luck we will start to win games."

http://www.givemefootball.com/league-tw ... 8-aug-2010
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion