"Do you do gravy?"

Re: "Do you do gravy?"

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:31 am

bill ding wrote:What happened to the " Campain for real gravy" banner gone fron the Fenwick arms at claughton , would have fit nicely on the side of the supporters open top bus. ;)

Knocked together here at Fat Media, as was the Real Gravy website. Might be able to get hold of the banner if I give Brian a call or email.

The Real Gravy website took about 1/2 a day to do and get live over 3 years ago. Since then its had 2.5 million visits. One day we'll do something with it.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ockers » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Posh wrote:The greatest sadness I've felt at Christie Park was not Twissy's departure - sad as it was without a deserved goodbye; not our defeat to Dagnum in the playoffs but the segregation of the ground that stopped me getting "The Works" - pie, peas, chips and gravy. OK I could still get it all bar the chips but it wasn't quite the same. Worth skipping lunch and breakfast for. Hence why I've got the menu from the Paddock Hatch with Pie All In on the wall of my kitchen.

The situation now is a denial of the working class supporters right to an affordable mid-match / pre/match meal. While bourgouise in the Main Stand gorge on fine cuisine we're denied even our basic civil right to a commodity as plentiful as gravy. Revolution it's the only answer comrades. Let them eat pie! Well give us some gravy!

now stop it now
you will have greg doing a petition in the visitor next..............
:o

do miss the full works though!!!
ockers

Postby Posh » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 pm

ockers wrote:now stop it now
you will have greg doing a petition in the visitor next!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mfc1/petition.html
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 pm

People are just so frustrated that the ones who make these decisions have forgotten about the best bits at Christie Park, and that was the food outlets, both under the main stand and also the mobile units either side of the North Stand.
When they moved, they should have remembered the things that worked, and transferred them to the new ground, and one of the things that worked well was the food.
PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 pm

The pie, peas and gravy at Christie Park were first class and it's a shame they have not contiued this at the Globe. It seems most of the money for catering as gone into the hospitality side of things and they have not given much thought to what the regular fan might want. Hopefully the club will take into consideration the comments from the fans and hopefully get something sorted out.
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:22 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:The pie, peas and gravy at Christie Park were first class and it's a shame they have not contiued this at the Globe. It seems most of the money for catering as gone into the hospitality side of things and they have not given much thought to what the regular fan might want. Hopefully the club will take into consideration the comments from the fans and hopefully get something sorted out.

Those ladies at Christie will never be forgotten for what they brought to the table :D

Blimey the grub was legendary and during the winter months warmed and sustained you leaving an inner glow 8-) 'Proper food' of the likes we may never appreciate as much ever again.

The only comparison I can make is when the heart of the west end was ripped out as 'Cravens'
closed it's doors, Gone Yes but most certainly never forgotten!
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Dan.Campbell wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:I stand corrected in that case.
I didn't realise they had ovens in MBW stand as they did in the Main stand Christie.

Hang on..... if they've got an oven in the MBW why can't they do peas? I thought the problem was with the licence being for keeping warm, not cooking :? :? :?

They don't have ovens in the MBW stand. It's exactly the same procedure as at Christie Park... The pies are cooked in the kitchen and then put in a heated unit to keep warm.

I can't answer on why the club can't provide peas/gravy/curry etc but, I can say why not be a little more patient and see what happens in the near future. The club are more than aware of what the fans want and trust me when i say there are people who work around the clock trying to provide the best possible service and product to cater for all the fans.

I hadn't realised I was being impatient. "See what happens in the future" is something I've advocated in another posting, prior to yours.
I know full well that the catering side of things are working their socks off esp on match days. Hearing the credit paid to them from guests in the PMG is testimony to that.

:? (Strange... I'm sure I saw ovens underneath the old Main Stand at Christie.)

Anyway, Chef confirmed today that they are the same pies, Potts.
He also explained to me why they are unable to serve gravy.

We can hope though.
Sign the petition.
morecambe mick

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:52 pm

So,Mick,are you able to tell us why they can't serve gravy?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby scar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:09 pm

There were ovens in the old kitchen under the main stand at Christie Park!

The ground has played host to 3 matches, all large attendances where even under normal operating conditions, the grounds facilities would be stretched / pushed to their limits.

Opening game - coventry. Big gate
First league home game - Rotherham, again large gate due to being first league game
then next cup game - Burnley, largest crowd of the season

The staff are getting used to their new working environment, new systems and new working practices. This isn't going to be helped by having to cope with all that with probably the 3 largest gates of the season. There have been improvements since the opening game, lets just see what transpires after we've had half a dozen home league matches under our belt.

It's a learning curve for everyone, club, staff, stewards and us as fans.
scar

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:11 pm

So, are you saying that if the attendance against Gillingham is slightly lower than the first three games, that gravy and peas will suddenly appear on the menu????
seasonsinthesun

Postby scar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:10 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:So, are you saying that if the attendance against Gillingham is slightly lower than the first three games, that gravy and peas will suddenly appear on the menu????

Do I look like Harry Houdini?
scar

Postby Gnasher » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:33 am

Anyway, Chef confirmed today that they are the same pies, Potts.

Definitely Potts Pies, as you'll see if you make them a friend on Facebook. Some recent comments:

Potts Pies the pie order is is for the first game at the "globe" arena . . bring it on!

and

Potts Pies well done you shrimps, now all you need is some peas and gravy for the pies, some onions for the hotdogs and you got it sussed!
:lol: :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Previous

Return to General Discussion