Just something Sammy could consider.

Re: Just something Sammy could consider.

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:45 pm

He was standing on the halfway line

He was stood in the goalmouth. The ball came in and Mullin headed it back across only to be ruled offside. Jevons then headed the ball over from about 6 yards (even if it had gone in it wouldn't have counted) which was when it was shouted, and his head immediately shot straight down, and coupled with the volume it was shouted at, believe me, he heard it.

I think even the man himself will be disapointed/frustrated with his performance tonight

I think he'll be even more disappointed/frustrated at the lack of support he's receiving, from everyone!

i would put money on it that he prefers playing with someone along side him.

I have never disputed that. There are areas he can improve but yes, he needs someone along side him.

To say that he scores 9 out of every 10 chances he gets is ludicrous

It's rhetorical, a way of describing a good striker. No striker in the world has a 90% chance of scoring every time he's in front of goal. :roll:

I suppose coming from the same mouth that compared Ruud Van Nistelrooy with Luciano Becchio it kind of makes sense.

If you had heard the conversation, what I actually said during that Leeds game was that Becchio was like a Van Nistelrooy type of striker, in that they are both selected purely on their goalscoring ability and nothing else. I have never compared the levels of that ability. They are there to put the ball in the net, the same goes for Jevons. What is ludicrous is why anyone would have a problem with that ability after he seemed to prove it last season when he finished TOP GOALSCORER :roll:

If we don't win on Saturday can we nominate someone else at random to pick out and slag off????? Mullin's too bald, Roche's fingers aren't long enough etc. I think I'll blame the board for not putting gravy on my pie.
Bare Ben

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:And the only chance he has been presented with, he put away. Isn't that good enough?

HALLELUJAH!
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 am

Ben, you bite too easily. I remember when Jevo headed that over and believe me i did not shout that to him. Why would i when there was nothing he could do about it? I know when i said it and it wasn't then! The Becchio comment was a joke, you obviously haven't took it that way :roll:

Why say he scores 9 out of 10 chances when he doesn't and you know he doesn't. Jevons is a good player, but IMO he had a bad game on Tuesday. Get over it.
Sammy h

Postby Harry » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 am

Jevons had his best game for us this season as he scored. That is his game. We have excellent wingers putting in brilliant crosses but he can't reach most of them. If he's going to reproduce last seasons goal tally, he obviously needs someone to play off but for the moment I'm satisfied with his contribution and hopefully getting off the mark can give him the confidence to grab some more on Saturday as a birthday present to me
Harry

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:37 am

Sammy h wrote:Ben, you bite too easily. I remember when Jevo headed that over and believe me i did not shout that to him. Why would i when there was nothing he could do about it? I know when i said it and it wasn't then! The Becchio comment was a joke, you obviously haven't took it that way :roll:

Why say he scores 9 out of 10 chances when he doesn't and you know he doesn't. Jevons is a good player, but IMO he had a bad game on Tuesday. Get over it.

What have I to bite about? What have I to 'get over'? Im disagreeing with you that is all and you clearly don't like it. Im sorry but if a player at this club is not putting the effort in i'll say so, and if they are getting harshly criticised when they are doing, again, I will say so. I think you need to go back and read what i've said about scoring 9/10 chances, its a way of describing a good player, if it was a fact he'd be worth 500 million pounds.

I have said what I heard and I have said when I heard it, im not going to repeat myself. I'll just continue to back who I firmly believe is one of the best players at the club, and defend him when people suggest otherwise, especially when they do so in a malicious way.
Bare Ben

Postby ezz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:50 am

jevo needs a strike partner
the team needs to play 4-5-1
the team comes first
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 am

ezz wrote:jevo needs a strike partner
the team needs to play 4-5-1
the team comes first

i absolutely agree away from home
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:46 am

Case closed Benny boy. You heard wrong and i am not being malicious. I am voicing my opinion on a message board, that's what they are for.

Ezz, what are you saying? That he should be dropped?
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 pm

I've had 2 pm's off people that also heard it, aside from the 5-6 that were stood next to me. So I guess they all heard wrong too. Of course telling someone they are shit is not malicious, silly me.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Lock me up and throw away the key.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Sammy h wrote:Lock me up and throw away the key.

Who said it was you? 8-)
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Bare Ben wrote:

Who said it was you? 8-)

You did? Anyway, who the hell are you?
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:56 pm

not saying he should be dropped, saying he may be more effective with a strike partner but as a team were more effective 4-5-1 whether thats home or away. Granted 2/3 of our home matches have been against championship opposition and the formation has been correct against weaker opposition i'd go for 4-4-2 as long as our midfield can handle it.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

Who said it was you? 8-)

You did? Anyway, who the hell are you?

If you look back, I actually didn't at any point say it was you. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Troy Trotter » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:49 pm

may be sammy m should try bare ben and sammy h out
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did someone say there were shrimps out here.
Troy Trotter

Previous

Return to General Discussion