Local residents complain after only 3 matches !!!

Local residents complain after only 3 matches !!!

Postby Crooky MFC » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Crooky MFC

Re: Local residents complain after only 3 matches !!!

Postby scar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 pm

It's the same guy who has complained from the very outset.
Letters to the council, local press etc.

If the noise disturbs him that much, he should come down to the game - he's not going to be able to do anything else according to him anyway so might as well enjoy the atmosphere.
scar

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:47 pm

"It's the noise, language and lights. I don't mind football, I just don't want it here. It's a disgrace.

"For Morecambe Football Club its brilliant, just not here.

classic NIMBY'ism. I have some sympathy for people who live somewhere before a development like The Globe comes along but he must surely know the 'campaign' against The Globe has been lost now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Number 1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Keith wrote:
"It's the noise, language and lights. I don't mind football, I just don't want it here. It's a disgrace.

classic NIMBY'ism. I have some sympathy for people who live somewhere before a development like The Globe comes along but he must surely know the 'campaign' against The Globe has been lost now.

If he hasn't got it already, he may get a grant for double glazing, like they do near airports.
Number 1

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Keith wrote:

It's alright Keith on the weekends Morecambe are away we're going to have loud parties at Stanley Bowles house - just so he can get used to the noise levels. ;)
:lol:
morecambe mick

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:56 pm

We got home last night after the game about 10pm and the lights were still on. They are pretty bright. I think it's fair to say that if they pointed them at the pitch and not at Needham Ave there wouldn't be a problem with them.
New_Ground_Watcher

Postby The Fury » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm

He claims his house has dropped £10k in value as a direct result of the stadium. No chance. First, unless he can produce evidence that his house was valued by a chartered surveyor immediately prior to the stadium's construction, and then again immediately after, he should just be quiet. It's more likely his house value has plummeted due to the economic downturn in recent years. Trying to mask that fact by blaming the football club is ludicrous.

Moreover, he is more likely to get the things he wants achieved by communicating directly with the Football Club instead of spouting bile to the local paper. I have total confidence in suggesting that the true reason he can't sit outside with his wife Kathleen is that she can't bear the shame of being seen with him.
Last edited by The Fury on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Fury

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:26 pm

The Fury wrote:...instead of spouting bile to the local paper.

Perhaps he posted his frustration on an internet message board? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Fury » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Keith wrote:
The Fury wrote:...instead of spouting bile to the local paper.

Perhaps he posted his frustration on an internet message board? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pff, who'd be daft enough to fall for that! :?
The Fury

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:12 pm

And admitedly, I don't know anything about that sort of thing, but why on earth does this fella reckon he can claim a discount on his Council Tax then ?? (Perhaps if he DOES work nights, or that other chap in the Vis does, (can't remember which it was) he might get a discount somewhere in connection with that too ...... !!)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Stupid old farts.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby bigreddog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:24 pm

My wife's nan also lives there and says she's had the odd headache as a result of our noise at matches, but she talks to us about it and she appreciates that the odd few hours of noise is preferable to a club and local economy not reaching its potential. we just make sure she's allright, and she quite fancies coming to see what all the fuss is about sometime in the future. by the way she's 83.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 pm

bigreddog wrote:My wife's nan also lives there and says she's had the odd headache as a result of our noise at matches, but she talks to us about it and she appreciates that the odd few hours of noise is preferable to a club and local economy not reaching its potential. we just make sure she's allright, and she quite fancies coming to see what all the fuss is about sometime in the future. by the way she's 83.

Thats the kind of attitude other residents need to have, i mean its once or twice a week, its not alot to ask!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:37 pm

So this guy says that the Globe Arena has knocked £10,000 of his house price?

I fairly sure that if he set up a table outside the stadium on match day selling peas 'n' gravy he'd get that back in no time!
jonnythedog

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 pm

If he sold cartons of gravy he'd be onto a winner. Good call, get it on dragons den. I'm Duncan Bannatyne!!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm

And admitedly, I don't know anything about that sort of thing, but why on earth does this fella reckon he can claim a discount on his Council Tax then ?? (Perhaps if he DOES work nights, or that other chap in the Vis does, (can't remember which it was) he might get a discount somewhere in connection with that too ...... !!)

It wouldn't be a discount, sounds like he's asking for the council to re-assess the council tax band with a view to being put in a lower band e.g. Band C to Band B which would reduce the amount payable. If successful, this would effectively be an acknowledgement by the council that the house has been impacted by the ground (a general reduction in house values wouldn't affect the council tax because the council would simply adjust the Bandings accordingly).
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Gnasher wrote:And admitedly, I don't know anything about that sort of thing, but why on earth does this fella reckon he can claim a discount on his Council Tax then ?? (Perhaps if he DOES work nights, or that other chap in the Vis does, (can't remember which it was) he might get a discount somewhere in connection with that too ...... !!)

It wouldn't be a discount, sounds like he's asking for the council to re-assess the council tax band with a view to being put in a lower band e.g. Band C to Band B which would reduce the amount payable. If successful, this would effectively be an acknowledgement by the council that the house has been impacted by the ground (a general reduction in house values wouldn't affect the council tax because the council would simply adjust the Bandings accordingly).

Ah, I see Gnasher. Thanks for that. I presume that is the same kind of discount on Council Tax you can be entitled to if you live near, say, a school.
Seasider9601

Postby shrimp<3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:58 pm

:lol: Move house then!! Its once or twice a week at the most!! Get a grip!
shrimp<3

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:59 pm

'Can you hear us John Lambert' is a must for a chant on saturday :lol:
Maybe he should go to a game or just go out when a match is on :roll:
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:'Can you hear us John Lambert' is a must for a chant on saturday :lol:

But ...... just imagine IF he went out when a match was on ........ and then couldn't park his car by his house again or even get his car on the drive when he got back .......... !

Could you imagine ....... !! :?
Seasider9601

Postby stevanshrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:'Can you hear us John Lambert' is a must for a chant on saturday :lol:

But ...... just imagine IF he went out when a match was on ........ and then couldn't park his car by his house again or even get his car on the drive when he got back .......... !

Could you imagine ....... !! :?

He could rent his drive out for matchdays. He would make up the loss in no time. :P
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:15 pm

the guy obviously doesnt like foooty but for him it IS an issue with the noise etc and the disruption for his family,its new to him

for you lot to gang up on him isnt what i would expect from svs ..
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Anyone who has worked for any council in the country has come across characters like this. There're always 3 or 4.
durhamshrimp

Postby Curly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Some of the comments are laughable though. I worked nights for years and you never get the same level
of quiet through the day, as you do at night.
Its one of the reasons you get shift bonuses.
Imagine just drifting off to sleep in heysham in the morning, to be rudely awakened again by the sound of a siren
emanating from the power station!
Some of the other comments defy belief too.
"If it's going to affect my kids education as they can't sleep, something needs to be done.

If it's going to? Is it? Has it? Will it? Could it? Should it?
See if having a flutter with Coral could make you a few bob, and get the club more revenue via advertising.
But best of all......
"We bought this house because it had an open outlook over fields and now it doesn't.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah bless. That timeless old issue arises again.
Wouldn't it be nice if nothing else is built near our building.
The defining example of irony, me thinks :roll:
;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Keith wrote:

I think the Isle of Man would make a suitable offshore Holding Centre for asylum seekers.
Plain Peter

Next

Return to General Discussion