Confused by attendance figure

Re: Confused by attendance figure

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Gnasher wrote:You tell me Mr Gnasher. Just an observation. Not accusing anyone of anything. Although i believe your question was designed for me to say something of that nature..

You observed more than 5,003 at the Globe yesterday therefore you are accusing the club of false accounting.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Not at any point in my posts have i accused the club of 'false accounting'

I have merely said that IMO i thought there looked like there was more last night. That is all. Get off your high horse and wind that neck in.
Sammy h

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 pm

It's people like you Sammy that remind me why I rarely go to watch MFC these days. It used to be a friendly club, that image is quickly fading especially on this forum.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Gnasher wrote:It's people like you Sammy that remind me why I rarely go to watch MFC these days. It used to be a friendly club, that image is quickly fading especially on this forum.

I find this comment laughable.

I have been watching Morecambe football club for nearly 15 years now. Please explain why it is people like me that keep you away from the club? If you love a football club and support them you should watch them week in week out regardless of anyone else. I know i do.

I care for this football club as much as anybody else so i really don't understand your comment above. I'm sure people that know me will back that up.
Sammy h

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Gnasher: Enough of this Shrimpsvoices police. What is wrong with fans discussing an attendance?
Wild Bill

Postby Gnasher » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Wild Bill, Nothing wrong with discussing attendances as long as you don't suggest the club have not published the genuine attendance figure. Let's say 5,503 paid to get in last night but the club announced 5,003. That's 500 supporters un-accounted for, at an average £10/head that's £5,000 in the club's coffers. No tax to pay on it, etc.

Sammy h, Your comments and fairly regular attempts to ridicule me in various threads are pathetic. I'm not sure what I've done to you to deserve such comments but just keep on laughing and next time you go to the Globe, laugh as £15 less goes through the turnstiles.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Gnasher wrote:Wild Bill, Nothing wrong with discussing attendances as long as you don't suggest the club have not published the genuine attendance figure. Let's say 5,503 paid to get in last night but the club announced 5,003. That's 500 supporters un-accounted for, at an average £10/head that's £5,000 in the club's coffers. No tax to pay on it, etc.

Sammy h, Your comments and fairly regular attempts to ridicule me in various threads are pathetic. I'm not sure what I've done to you to deserve such comments but just keep on laughing and next time you go to the Globe, laugh as £15 less goes through the turnstiles.

Why would i laugh that less money is going through the turnstiles? Your the pathetic one not attending a football match because of me. Sounds like you are now blaming me that you don't attend anymore. Which is baffling.

I continue to support this club, and the idiots both past and present on this message board do not or will not stop me.
Sammy h

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:32 pm

You two play nice!

I am no expert when it comes to clubs selling tickets but I assume that the actual figure announced on the night won't be the figure given to the tax man as the number of tickets sold won't be the same as those that actually turned up. There is always going to be people who bought a ticket and for whatever reason never showed up.

For example there may have been a good few hundred no-shows for the Daggers game after we screwed-up the play-offs!
Wild Bill

Previous

Return to General Discussion