Just something Sammy could consider.

Just something Sammy could consider.

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 pm

When Moss came off and Mullin came on, i really think he made a difference and we had an outlet.
I feel Moss is out of his depth, and Parrish could move back into Right Back and Scott could move to centre back, with Mullin coming in to help Jevons out up front, it would do no harm to give it a go, i feel Jevons is struggling on his own and also whats the point of having creative midfielders when you only have one man to give it to?
Does anyone Agree?
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Just something Sammy could consider.

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:When Moss came off and Mullin came on, i really think he made a difference and we had an outlet.
I feel Moss is out of his depth, and Parrish could move back into Right Back and Scott could move to centre back, with Mullin coming in to help Jevons out up front, it would do no harm to give it a go, i feel Jevons is struggling on his own and also whats the point of having creative midfielders when you only have one man to give it to?
Does anyone Agree?

I totally agree 100%. Was going to post the exact same thing. Jevons is too isolated, at times tonight it looked like he wasn't even bothered. Time to use these other strikers.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 pm

SM substitutions were a lot better tonight, he might have got feedback off here.
Last edited by George Dawes on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Dawes

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:39 pm

More than harsh imo, Jevo took his goal well and caused problems for the two of the biggest centre backs in the country. I agree he is/was isolated though, he linked up with Mullin when he came on and Mullin was unlucky not to score with that header.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Agreed Dawzi. Subs alot better. Was Fleming booked, i can only presume that is why he was took off? Sorry Ben, don't agree with you. I counted on more than three occasions where the ball was within 2 yards of him and he made no effort to press the defender. I know he has to work hard up there, but he didn't look interested, i imagine he was frustrated. Really think it's time for 4 4 2.
Sammy h

Postby parkyboy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Agree totally that Jevons needs support ,they always had spare men in defence , Roach,s dead ball kicking would benefit as well because we didnt win too many of them , The subs were made earlier than previous matched but i would have liked to have seen Spencer given a run against there big fellas. All in all a good perfomance and a a good match but thought there was more than 5000there.
parkyboy

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Like I said, I agree he needs support, but to say he wasn't interested is unfair.
Bare Ben

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:12 pm

do not think tonight was a typical yardstick for either side, thought jimbo deserved a run out, arena looked full apart from the carwash that looked half full, so if it holds 6500, dunno, lots of burnley fans sat around us in our home family bit in the main stand, hot dogs reduced by 30 pence in price, and 100 percent in size, bitter up by 40 pence a pint, pa went all funny and crackly, mark sounded well, like he was on helium :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 am

jevons worked hard tonight and with support will get better and score more often...please please lay off jevo. man of match for me mcready again the lad looks quality
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:29 am

mrpotatohead wrote:mark sounded well, like he was on helium :lol:

Mark sounded like he was in Spain! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Muzzer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 am

Sammy h wrote:press the defender.

SQUEEZE! lol

I do think sammys subs were better, and i know i have said that jevo is not playing well, and after he scored i got a little bit of stick about it, however i still do believe that he should be given a small break to clear what ever is bothering him (as he is not playing to standard.)
as sammy h said, he doesnt seem bothered, and I agree. other than his darting run from nowhere, i do think he made little effort tionight. I have never been much of a fan of Paul Mullin either, but his efforts the last few games have been very productive, and have reminded me of when Gary Hunter came on last year and ran his heart out (which i dont believe Hunter did in tonights game)
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:58 am

Tonight was always going to be one upfront, we'd have been murdered in the middle of the pitch without 5 in there. You can't sacrifice the rest of the team just to give Jevons someone to head the ball for him. Mullin is good at what he does but tonight 1 upfront was more than correct. Maybe against teams with weak midfields could we try 4-4-2 but i think these days and with Fleming behind Jevo 4-5-1 is by far the better formation.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 am

Bare Ben wrote:Like I said, I agree he needs support, but to say he wasn't interested is unfair.

I said there were times he wasn't interested which is true.
Sammy h

Postby Freez » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 am

I couldn't see that Moss was "out of his depth", tbf he was up against Eagles, who is a decent player of the quality we will not meet every week.
Tactically, Moss was replaced and we went 3-5-2, with a back 3 of Scott, McCready and Parrish with Loz pushing on and Mulls up front.
Moss uses the ball intelligently, as does McCready,which is why
our football has been good, despite results!
Long may we play it on the deck.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby shrimper » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:22 am

Thought Moss made some good challenges and intelligent runs forward last night (as he did Saturday) - just that he was up against one, often two very good lads.

Very impressed with Scott and I don't want him to shift from that position. McCready also put in another great shift. Shuker (I said I'd give him more games before making a definite opinion) was a lot more effective.

Fleming was a bit quiet but Stanners was immense.

I don't think the problem's in our defence or our approach play.

Jevo can't play in that position unless people like Fleming, Rundle, Duffy (when selected) and Shuker are going to really push forward and support.

We either need to try Spencer or Hendrie (is he injured? not heard of him in last couple of weeks) or go 4-4-2 as has been said. I DO like the system Sammy's playing as I think it gives you strength in midfield which is usually where games are won. But you need the right players.
Last edited by shrimper on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Like I said, I agree he needs support, but to say he wasn't interested is unfair.

No it's not.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Sammy h wrote:

No it's not.

IMO and alot of other people i have spoken too it is! Lets see how he does Saturday if he is even picked.
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:34 pm

I thought Moss had a good game, rash tackle in the box aside. I also liked Sammys subs tonight. Hunter put his foot in straight away and had a chance from a header (yes a header) soon after coming on.

I really don't envy Sammy picking the team this season. We have great options throughout the squad, particularly in midfield.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:48 pm

with the very good form of Scott, Fleming, Stanley, you could agrue it is why SM is persisting with the 4 5 1

and probably as a dilemma of who to leave out of the team with them three in central midfield as i think he wants to keep the width and play natural wingers
George Dawes

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:
Sammy h wrote:

No it's not.

IMO and alot of other people i have spoken too it is! Lets see how he does Saturday if he is even picked.

Who are these 'other people'? Muzzer? Whoever they are they don't know what they are talking about. He worked hard, grabbed himself a goal, and was unlucky not to add to it. End of story. Im sure shouting 'you're shit Jevo' after he put a header over even though Mullin was flagged offside anyway, will have done wonders for his confidence.
Bare Ben

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:19 pm

In case anyone forgot it was a cup game last night. So why not take a gamble and give Spencer or Hendrie a go? Why not give them a go in the cup game where we have nothing to lose rather than risk them in a league game where it actually means something. Also we are at home with nothing to lose and up against 2 very good centre backs, so why not go for a 442 approach where we would of had a more attacking threat? Putting aside the fantastic effort last night, i thought it was a wasted opputunity to try something different.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:

Who are these 'other people'? Muzzer? Whoever they are they don't know what they are talking about. He worked hard, grabbed himself a goal, and was unlucky not to add to it. End of story. Im sure shouting 'you're shit Jevo' after he put a header over even though Mullin was flagged offside anyway, will have done wonders for his confidence.

I spoke to several people after the game on the way home, at home, and to a few more on the phone. I don't think i have to list them to you. But as you say I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Even though several people around me thought the same. I didn't shout that at all, and didn't shout it when he put a header over :s

I actually shouted to put some fu***ng effort in when he was within yards of the defender at put no effort in whatsoever to pressure him. it's time to either drop him or put Mullin up top with him, which leaves the question who do we drop out of our three outstanding central midfielders?

I don't know why you had to come out and say i shouted that??
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:59 pm

I heard it, the people around me heard it, and judging by his reaction I think he heard it too, thats what wound me up. I don't just make things up. His job is to score goals and 9/10 chances he gets he buries and we should cherish that, not slag him because he didnt 'press a defender' once or twice. When he's playing against a championship back 4 on his own and scores, it leaves me wondering what more he is supposed to do? These people u mention need to give the lad a break he is a quality player whose interest is in scoring goals for Morecambe however you perceive it, and long may it continue.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Bare Ben wrote:I heard it, the people around me heard it, and judging by his reaction I think he heard it too, thats what wound me up. I don't just make things up. His job is to score goals and 9/10 chances he gets he buries and we should cherish that, not slag him because he didnt 'press a defender' once or twice. When he's playing against a championship back 4 on his own and scores, it leaves me wondering what more he is supposed to do? These people u mention need to give the lad a break he is a quality player whose interest is in scoring goals for Morecambe however you perceive it, and long may it continue.

He was standing on the halfway line Benny boy. I know i have a loud voice, but come on :lol: He did not hear it, and if he did, fair enough, i hope he puts alot more effort in on Saturday.

I think even the man himself will be disapointed/frustrated with his performance tonight and i would put money on it that he prefers playing with someone along side him. To say that he scores 9 out of every 10 chances he gets is ludicrous.

I suppose coming from the same mouth that compared Ruud Van Nistelrooy with Luciano Becchio it kind of makes sense :lol:

Bring on Saturday!
Sammy h

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Its not fair to say that Jevons is lazy, i would be exactly the same, there is no point in chasing someone if you know your never gonna get anywhere near the ball!

And the only chance he has been presented with, he put away. Isn't that good enough?
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion