From the Umbro stand to the Bay Radio stand...

From the Umbro stand to the Bay Radio stand...

Postby Opinionated » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:09 pm

The stewarding remains the same! Away fans at CP would often run on to the pitch to celebrate a goal. They should have been thrown out for this but weren't. In comparison to the North Stand we weren't even allowed to stand on the yellow steps. I also recall on a few occasions in the North Stand when stewards would make the effort to eject people at the back for minimal offences. Stewards were always lenient on away fans. Unfortunately this inconsistency has continued at the Globe. Last night Burnley fans were stood on the walkway for the entire 90 minutes despite there being spaces in the stand. Why didn't the stewards solve this problem? I can't imagine the company who had their advertising board obstructed to be very happy. When we play Accrington they wont be allowed to put their flags over the advertising so why were Burnley fans allowed to stand in front of it?
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Re: From the Umbro stand to the Bay Radio stand...

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Opinionated wrote:The stewarding remains the same! Away fans at CP would often run on to the pitch to celebrate a goal. They should have been thrown out for this but weren't. In comparison to the North Stand we weren't even allowed to stand on the yellow steps. I also recall on a few occasions in the North Stand when stewards would make the effort to eject people at the back for minimal offences. Stewards were always lenient on away fans. Unfortunately this inconsistency has continued at the Globe. Last night Burnley fans were stood on the walkway for the entire 90 minutes despite there being spaces in the stand. Why didn't the stewards solve this problem? I can't imagine the company who had their advertising board obstructed to be very happy. When we play Accrington they wont be allowed to put their flags over the advertising so why were Burnley fans allowed to stand in front of it?

because they had a big mob :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 pm

20 stewards vs 1400 Burnley fans probably answer your question!

To be fair though I thought the Burnley fans behaved pretty well from where I could see, but perhaps the club could have tried an announcement to try and get the fans back to where they should be.
Wild Bill

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:33 pm

Burnley fans were ok didn't see any trouble at all in or outside the ground.
heysham_mfc

Postby Opinionated » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:03 pm

I agree that the Burnley fans were well behaved. However, another set of fans may not have behaved in the same way. If any trouble happens the club could get fined for not having certain precedures in place. Fans standing on the walk way being one of them.

As for the stewards being outnumbered, I have great sympathy. You could argue if they would have tried to move the Burnley fans it would have caused more problems. However rules are in place for a reason and it will be the club that gets in trouble for not meeting these rules. There was a large police presence last night, so why couldn't thay have helped the stewards move the Burnley fans.
'Patience is key in football' - Darren Lock
Opinionated

Postby Christie Top Cat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Job advertisement in the Visitor - Stewards required match days at the Globe Arena
Christie Top Cat

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Christie Top Cat wrote:Job advertisement in the Visitor - Stewards required match days at the Globe Arena

Darren ! ! !
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:22 pm

It lookedto me like the away end was jam packed and they were stood down there as there was nowhere else to go?
Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Sammy h wrote:It lookedto me like the away end was jam packed and they were stood down there as there was nowhere else to go?

There was space in that end Sam, they just weren't pushed up enough.
Suggesting otherwise is saying that the club "over sold" the capacity of that stand. Which is untrue.
morecambe mick

Postby Sammy h » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:52 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Sammy h wrote:It lookedto me like the away end was jam packed and they were stood down there as there was nowhere else to go?

Suggesting otherwise is saying that the club "over sold" the capacity of that stand. Which is untrue.

Just how it looked to me Mick, although i didn't have the best of views. There seemed to be quite alot of people standing down there. All of a 'thuggish' look.

Is there any pictures from the game up yet?
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 pm

morecambe mick wrote:

i 2nd that i was stood next to the community block best view of the new ground :lol:
George Dawes

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Being sat opposite you DauZi I could see that you stand had large gaps and a big area closest to the Bay stand completely empty.

You also couldn't see Kathleen having a sneaky watch of the game from an upstairs window whilst hubby was out working on nights!! :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Sammy h wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:
Sammy h wrote:
Is there any pictures from the game up yet?

Yep ! !

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/Gallery ... 25,00.html
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion