Morecambe 1 Burnley 3

Morecambe 1 Burnley 3

Postby Posh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Fantastic Burnley side including probably 9 first teamers.

Duffy in for injured Rundle collects ball edge of box, twists and turns then delicate through ball to Jevons who slots home. Looked offside bit who cares. 1-0
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Morecambe 1 Burnley 0

Postby Posh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:20 pm

1-1 Duffy gives ball away. Poor cross behind so heads back Eagles runs in to smash it in. Against run of play.

Great atmosphere. Burnley and Morecambe battling with vocals.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Morecambe 1 Burnley 0

Postby fletch_al » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Come on shrimps!
fletch_al

Re: Morecambe 1 Burnley 2

Postby Posh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Soft pen. Going nowhere. 1-2
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Morecambe 1 Burnley 3

Postby Posh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Pop from well out and covered then deflection off Drummy and goal.

Def penalty in second half and one in the first, we didn't get either. Unlucky.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Re: Morecambe 1 Burnley 2

Postby 4G63 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Not a bad performance tonight at all. Nice to see the lads not giving up when we went 3-1 down too.

Hopefully we can take this performance into Saturday's game.
4G63

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Posh wrote:Soft pen. Going nowhere. 1-2

It was definetly a penalty, Moss completley took his legs.

But i have to say Morecambe did very well and didn't deserve to be beaten 3-1...
Second and third goal could have been avoided and were lucky to say the least, but a good performance from everyone. Especially McCready, thought he was excellent.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm

good team perfomance

im happy :D :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Played well overall, pretty happy, daft tackle lost us the game, we've got to stop giving away penalties. (Sammy out)
Bare Ben

Postby Posh » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:

Sorry didn't explain. Def penalty but a soft one because he wasn't in a position to cross never mind score.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Posh wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:

Sorry didn't explain. Def penalty but a soft one because he wasn't in a position to cross never mind score.

Yeah i would agree with that, Moss looks out of his depth...
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby stevanshrimp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:good team perfomance

im happy :D :D

Me too, it is encouraging to see that they were always willing to try and win the ball back, getting a foot in, some good crossing too.

Should be confident going into Saturday.
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Great performance tonight we easily matched a very strong Burnley team and should have been easily infront at half time. Second half they came out stronger but we were no pushovers and they got very lucky with the third goal.

Atmosphere was great at times once everyone actually joined in and we definitely outsung the Burnley lot which I wasn't expecting.

Hopefully we can take that performance into Saturday and get a much welcomed 3 points!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 pm

A great all round team performance. Why Moss made that challenge i do not know? Not even heading towards the goal. We really looked like scoring before they got their third.

Nice to see us putting pressure on them when they had the ball, we don't do that enough imo. Fleming was outstanding again, gets stuck in all over the pitch. McCready had a great game too. Was expecting more from Duffy.

I would take Mossy out on Saturday, replace with Scott and bang someone upfront with Jevo.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Parrish was my MOTM
George Dawes

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 pm

excellent performance,they had that extra bit of quality and deserved the win but 3-1 flattered them
scalehallshrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:25 pm

wish burnley well, our crossbar strike could have made a difference, but in all honesty, they shaded it minus a few key first teamers, ie keeper, alexander, striker wih difficult name, mears, so good luck to them next round :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Well good performance tonight against a very strong Burnley team agree after the penalty we did'n look like getting back into the game.
heysham_mfc

Postby Muzzer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:43 am

Bare Ben wrote:Played well overall, pretty happy, daft tackle lost us the game, we've got to stop giving away penalties. (Sammy out)

I do agree!! played very well, and Burnley looked a very dirty side, which played out well for them.
Definate penalty, and lucky to go without a card, which the ref could have easily given a red or yellow in my opinion (given red for tackles similar to this before)
Score line doesnt show how well we played, just looked towards the end that we looked a little bit tired, (eg jevo) but still battled. Looked to me like we had control of the game and could have well won it, but a few breaks from a good team.

If putting it straight, we played a top championship (premiership) side and played brilliant. The score line doesnt do us justice, but i think its a great game to bounce from.
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Loglayer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:54 am

First time I have seen Morecambe play this season. I thought they played extremely well and were unlucky to lose, if they play as well in the league games a playoff place looks very likely.
Loglayer

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 am

Very good game and atmosphere, their keeper made a great save in first half to stop us going 2-0. Moss caught wrong side of defender for the first goal, beaten in the air for the head down but mainly cause duffy gave the ball away. Midfield were excellent and it wasn't untill we hit the bar off wilson's free kick did we look like losing. Dont know what went through moss' head for the penalty but it pretty much cost us the game. Normally defend him but tonight he was poor defensively and better with the ball?????

Think we should be proud we gave their pretty strong team a good run for their money, 3-1 didn't reflect the game but everyone got what they asked for, a good crack at them!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:04 am

We played great last night considering that Burnley had some quality players on the field.

MoM for me was Andy Parrish, some of his clearing headers were as good as free kicks, he got stuck in, and didn't try too much fancy stuff.

Roche...7 Had a solid game.
Moss...6 Same old same old.
McCready...8 Excellent, intelligent defender.
Parrish...8 Strong performance
Wilson...7 Hope the shot that whacked the crossbar will give him confidence to do it more often.
Duffy...7 Tried hard to create something and always looked likely against a quality defence.
Fleming...7 Held his own, and frequently outsmarted Burnley.
Stanners...7 Strong again, but couldn't drive forward as much against a tight Burnley side.
Scott...7 Another tidy performance.
Shuker...7 Ran up and down the touchline tirelessly, delivered a few good crosses.
Jevons...6 It isn't his fault, and he took his goal well, but he is being given far too much to do and needs some support from Mullin on Saturday.

Subs...7

Fans..9 The Main Stand is getting there, MBW terrace should try a Mexican wave, that can get the reluctant MainStandbys off their backsides. Once up they may even sing?
Caged Lion

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 am

Caged Lion wrote:We played great last night considering that Burnley had some quality players on the field

Fans..9 The Main Stand is getting there, MBW terrace should try a Mexican wave, that can get the reluctant MainStandbys off their backsides. Once up they may even sing?

Let me put you straight, Caged Lion.
The main stand has seats, they are for sitting on, we pay a little bit more than the MBW stand for that little extra. We are just as enthusiastic as you lot in the home end (I noticed when we went 2-1 down, you stopped singing for a while).
I am one of the people who do stand up when you chant "stand up if you love Morecambe",
but there's something you should know - the people behind then complain directly to me because I have stood up, and they can't see the pitch, do you now understand why not everyone stands up just because YOU want them to!!! :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 am

Hear hear!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 am

Roche... 7 Didnt really have much to save other than one towards the end
Moss... 6 Hasn't carried his form from last season and I would put Scott at right back in the 442.
Parrish... 7 Very solid again
McCready... 8 Dealt very well with Thompson and had his best game so far
Wilson... 7 Tricky customer in Eagles but coped fairly well
Duffy... 7 Had some good runs down the right and had a good game
Scott... 8 Man of the match for me, brilliant in the first half, commited in the tackle and picked up so much loose ball
Stanley... 6/7 Set pieces very poor yesterday and we know he can play better
Fleming... 6 Never really featured yesterday and needed to get in the game more
Shuker... 6 Had a fairly good first half, but ran out of ideas in the second half
Jevons...7 Had the most success he's had in the 451, took his goal well, and got behind their defence quite a few times, was unlucky with some of the bizarre offsides given against him.

Pleased with how we played, we deserved to take that game to extra time, as we had the better chances. When Mullin came on, I thought we troubled their defence more so I would start the next game with Mullin in for Moss, Scott to right back and Mullin partnering Jevo
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Next

Return to General Discussion