Manof the Match...

Manof the Match...

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:39 am

for running round in circles...Shuker.
Fair enough, he had to play on the left instead of his favoured right, but it didn't half show.
I thought Shuker had a shocker, lost the ball too many times, played some poor passes,looked out of his depth for 90 minutes.
The only saving grace for him was that he was playing against better quality than normally in League 2.
Hope he sorts himself out for Saturday, because obviously Sammy will pick him.
I wouldn't,ever again. :x
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Manof the Match...

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:21 am

You weren't by any chance sat behind me in the PMG stand? The people behind me were criticising him every time he touched the ball, even if he did nothing wrong. He had a good first half and effectively set the goal up, dont forget that
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby ezz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:29 am

He wasn't that bad....he's not a winger who beats people more known for his crossing.....he was wasted on the left and predictable as I thought he would be when seeing him there after 3mins. Always giong to revert to his right foot.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:37 am

To be fair Eckersly isnt a bad defender and when he beat eckersly he acctually put some decent ball in.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:59 am

I was a bit shocked that Stanley got man of the match last night, must be strong stuff in the sponsors lounge. He didn't have a bad game, but he was no way a stand out performer and you couldn't argue against him being substituted. I'd have given it to Parrish, getting better by the game.
RedRedWine1

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:05 pm

I was also suprised about Stanley getting it, I thought McCready should have got it :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I was a bit shocked that Stanley got man of the match last night, must be strong stuff in the sponsors lounge. He didn't have a bad game, but he was no way a stand out performer and you couldn't argue against him being substituted. I'd have given it to Parrish, getting better by the game.

i totally agree with that, i do know a lot of our Sponser's and they just vote for who they like and spend most of the time at the bar, and when you have the laugh with them about it they openly admit it :lol:

and Parrish for me aswell and McCready a very close second
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

I was happy with Stanners, he put in a great effort and covered a heck of a lot of ground - but thought McCready, Scott and Parrish ran him very close.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Stanley, Parrish, Fleming, McCready and Scott have been the stand out performers in the games so far, Roche has not done anything wrong either.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion