Who would you pick v.Burnley .....

Who would you pick v.Burnley .....

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:57 pm

..and in what formation? :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Who would you pick v.Burnley .....

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:06 pm

Roche
Parrish Haining McCready Wilson
Scott
Shuker Stanley Fleming Rundle
Spencer or Hendrie

When I was in Suffolk I met an Ipswich town fan who saw the Ipswich vs Burnley game. He described Burnley as "nothing special". ;)
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:06 pm

instead of this 4 1 4 1 SM as been playing, id tweak it by playing the popular 4 2 3 1

Roche
Scott Haining McCready Wilson
Fleming Stanley
Shuker Jevons Rundle
Spencer

and look to bring these Parrish Duffy Hendrie on EARLY in the 2md half to keep the tempo up

note if it was L2 opostion i would be playing two strikers at home, but have kept Jevons in the one above in a attacking midfield role he might relish more
George Dawes

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Roche
Parrish McCready Wilson
Scott
Shuker Stanley Rundle
Fleming
Jevons Spencer

Subs:at least one on after 60-65 mins
Haining Hunter Hendrie Drummond Duffy Mullin Walker
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 pm

We need an attacking formation, it is one-off and the fans deserve the team to 'have a go'

Adopt a shoot on sight policy for the rest of the season please Sammy. Pointless trying to walk it in all the time.

Give Parrish loads of passing practice, Shuker, Rundle and Jevons loads of shooting practice and Scott, McCready and Mullin loads of heading from free kicks practice. Fuel up the fans with pie, peas and gravy so that they can practice singing and the jobs a good 'un, win win situation.

Roche
Duffy Stanley Fleming Rundle
Jevons Hendrie
Caged Lion

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:52 pm

same team as saturday for me but push scott into centre midfield and push fleming up to play along side or just behind jevons
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:24 pm

I would look for composure and give at least four or five players a night to remember, then if things were looking good after 70 minutes bring on promising new players, deffo start with stuart drummond and stanners,and garry hunter with rundle, in the middle, and given this is a one off, and a full house,

JIM BENTLEY :!: :!: :!:

Tommorrow will be about spirit for us :!:

the rest is immaterial to me at the moment, as long as steve middlesbourough is not in nets :lol: :lol:

The move to westgate suited him fine as his only expence at christie park was getting there :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:28 pm

-------------Roche--------------
Parrish--Scott--McCready--Wilson
Shuker--Stanley-Fleming--Rundle
-----Spencer------Jevons-------

I'd like to see Shuker and Rundle swap flanks as well during the game something i've not seen them do at all, so they can cut in and have a go!

Come on Sammy give us 4-4-2
Suffolk Shrimp

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:13 am

Caged Lion wrote:We need an attacking formation, it is one-off and the fans deserve the team to 'have a go'

Adopt a shoot on sight policy for the rest of the season please Sammy. Pointless trying to walk it in all the time.

Give Parrish loads of passing practice, Shuker, Rundle and Jevons loads of shooting practice and Scott, McCready and Mullin loads of heading from free kicks practice. Fuel up the fans with pie, peas and gravy so that they can practice singing and the jobs a good 'un, win win situation.

Roche
Jevons Hendrie

I have to agree with you!!!!
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby The Marksman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:43 am

Caged Lion wrote:We need an attacking formation, it is one-off and the fans deserve the team to 'have a go'

Roche
Jevons Hendrie

I almost agree with you, but I'm not sure Jevons and Hendrie would be able to play together too well - I'd see Mullin/Spencer as one half of the front two and Jevons/Hendrie as the other half.

Also not been convinced with McCready so far - always gives it 100% but sometimes just a little bit lacking in ability - so I'd be tempted to play Scott at centre back. Agree with dropping Moss and moving Parrish to RB though.
The Marksman

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 am

4 4 1
Roche
Moss Mcready Scott Parish
Shuker Stanley Fleming Rundle
Hunter
Jevons

Lets go for it :!:
chrise27007mk2

Postby shrimper » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am

The Marksman wrote:Also not been convinced with McCready so far - always gives it 100% but sometimes just a little bit lacking in ability - so I'd be tempted to play Scott at centre back. Agree with dropping Moss and moving Parrish to RB though.

Funny how you see things differently. It was my first sight of McCready on Saturday and - having been a big Artell fan - I was ready to criticise.
But I thought he looked excellent. Good in the air, alert on the deck (a bit nippier than Arts) and brought the ball out of defence well.

I also thought Moss had a good game and was just a bit unlucky with their equaliser, the ball came at him quickly and the lad pounced before he could readjust his feet. Mossy defended well and was our main attacking threat in the first half.

I would like to see either Spencer or Hendrie at some point tonight. What Saturday showed was that we still lack pace up front and maybe they can give us that - if not from the start then at least to get teams on the back foot later on. Burton knew they could push up to chase the game because we weren't going to catch them on the break, same as with Daggers last season.

I thought Scott looked decent as well and Fleming was the real eye-catcher, as has been said.

Rundle is tidy and efficient. Not sure that Shuker gives us anything extra to what Duffy was doing and Duffy is more likely to beat a man (but I'll have to see Shuker a few more times to be fair to him).
Last edited by shrimper on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:32 am

shrimper wrote:Funny how you see things differently. It was my first sight of McCready on Saturday and - having been a big Artell fan - I was ready to criticise.
But I thought he looked excellent. Good in the air, alert on the deck (a bit nippier than Arts) and brought the ball out of defence well.

I also thought Moss had a good game and was just a bit unlucky with their equaliser, the ball came it him quickly and the lad punced before he could readjust his feet. Mossy defended well and was our main attacking threat in the first half.

I would like to see either Spencer or Hendrie at some point tonight. What Saturday showed was that we still lack pace up front and maybe they can give us that - if not from the start then at least to get teams on the back foot later on. Burton knew they could push up to chase the game because we weren't going to catch them on the break, same as with Daggers last season.

I thought Scott looked decent as well and Fleming was the real eye-catcher, as has been said.

Rundle is tidy and efficient. Not sure that Shuker gives us anything extra to what Duffy was doing and Duffy is more likely to beat a man (but I'll have to see Shuker a few more times to be fair to him).

That was said just like it was on the I-phone the other night! :lol:

Assuming they have had some practice together, I would have give Hendrie & Spencer a go up front and sacrifice one of the wingers. Can't see this happening tho' and I expect the same formation as we have been using of late to start which would make sense for the first half hour or so.

I hope we don't play negative, we have nothing to lose and if we sit back we will be like sitting ducks.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:40 am

Roche

moss parrish mccready wilson

shuker scott stanley rundle

phlegm

jev

What we need is to be in the game come 2nd half, I think no matter what formation they will dominate the early possession and chances. We tend to get better as play goes on, so nice and tidy first half and create where possible and then second half go for it.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

Burnley will bring a stronger side to the Globe than Coventry did, but I agree with all of you,
this is a one-off cup tie, we ain't gonna win the Carling Cup, so just have a go at them.
I would hate to lose with a whimper, far better to go down all guns blazing, so to speak.
Actually, that was the headline in 1991 v.Hull, F.A.Cup, "Shrimps go down all guns blazing".

I was looking again at the Coventry team that played at Morecambe, and it really only had about four recognised first team players in it, and the goalkeeper, Doyle,and Platt plus 5 of the 6 subs weren't even on the official list of 33 players.
seasonsinthesun

Postby ezz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:01 pm

having a go at it doesn't neccessarily increase our chance of winning. being in the game after 45-55 mins would make the game just as exciting, they'd get frustrated and we'd still have the home advantage (there or thereabouts). I hope Sammy's instrcutions are to just 'go all out for it'.
We might not win the cup....but we can win any single match at home!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:44 pm

shrimper wrote:
The Marksman wrote:Also not been convinced with McCready so far - always gives it 100% but sometimes just a little bit lacking in ability - so I'd be tempted to play Scott at centre back. Agree with dropping Moss and moving Parrish to RB though.

Funny how you see things differently. It was my first sight of McCready on Saturday and - having been a big Artell fan - I was ready to criticise.

I also thought Moss had a good game and was just a bit unlucky with their equaliser, the ball came it him quickly and the lad punced before he could readjust his feet. Mossy defended well and was our main attacking threat in the first half.

Bladdy ell from what i've seen so far this season Glen i couldn't agree more . :o :o :o :o :o

Just hope we see some subs before the 85th min . ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:00 pm

parceldave wrote:Just hope we see some subs before the 85th min . ;)

Just in case you don't get your wish Dave, I've found one for you! :lol: :lol:
sub.jpg
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Can you find me a pint too, ;) could be my first one at the Globe 2nite :o , hope those promo's haven't finished. :cry: :cry: :cry:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm

parceldave wrote:Can you find me a pint too, ;) could be my first one at the Globe 2nite :o , hope those promo's haven't finished. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well I have still got 40 of your english £££'s so I will use that ;)
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:25 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
parceldave wrote:Can you find me a pint too, ;) could be my first one at the Globe 2nite :o , hope those promo's haven't finished. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well I have still got 40 of your english £££'s so I will use that ;)

I though you might have invested that in some colts & mares in York and come back with a handsom return . :D
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:34 pm

parceldave wrote:I though you might have invested that in some colts & mares in York and come back with a handsom return . :D

I was distracted by all the fillies to be honest! 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Spicy Shrimp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Suffolk Shrimp wrote:-------------Roche--------------
Parrish--Scott--McCready--Wilson
Shuker--Stanley-Fleming--Rundle
-----Spencer------Jevons-------

I'd like to see Shuker and Rundle swap flanks as well during the game something i've not seen them do at all, so they can cut in and have a go!

Come on Sammy give us 4-4-2

I have to agree with this, But i'd start Mullin instead of Spencer.
Spicy Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:43 pm

The main thing for me is...please please please Sammy, don't play with a LONE striker in a home game!!!!!!
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion