O/T BIKE TO THE GLOBE!!

O/T BIKE TO THE GLOBE!!

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Totally serious this :!:

parking at the globe is an issue, but they do seem to have catered well for fans to park bikes around the arena, me an spud junior have started cycling there and on studying cycle paths etc, i find it is very easy to get to by any local on a bike, so, come on, GET FIT WATCHING THE SHRIMPS :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T BIKE TO THE GLOBE!!

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:45 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Totally serious this :!:

parking at the globe is an issue, but they do seem to have catered well for fans to park bikes around the arena, me an spud junior have started cycling there and on studying cycle paths etc, i find it is very easy to get to by any local on a bike, so, come on, GET FIT WATCHING THE SHRIMPS :lol:

yass could fly in with hotair :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 pm

And land....
.... straght in the roofless stand, ferrr freee :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Best of all unlike using the car you also get to go in the bar and have a few without the worry of losing your licence ;)
Just as long as you don't over do it, get kay-lied and end up pulling wheelies or sitting on your handle bars whilst going backwards down Westgate :lol:
HALMA 1983

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:37 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Best of all unlike using the car you also get to go in the bar and have a few without the worry of losing your licence ;)
Just as long as you don't over do it, get kay-lied and end up pulling wheelies or sitting on your handle bars whilst going backwards down Westgate :lol:

I think you are wrong.

Section 30 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, as amended by the Road Traffic Act 1991, provides the offence of cycling on a road or public place whilst under the influence of drink or drugs. It states:
30(1) A person who, when riding a cycle on a road or other public place, is unfit to ride through drink or drugs (that is to say, is under the influence of drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the cycle) is guilty of an offence.

NOTES

(i) The evidence of the extent to which a person is affected must be measured by means other than the provision of a specimen of breath, blood or urine, as there is no power to require such a specimen in these circumstances. However, if such a specimen was offered, it is probable that the evidence obtained by analysis of the specimen would be admissible.
(ii) In Scotland a constable may arrest without warrant a person committing an offence.
(iii) In England and Wales a constable may only arrest without warrant in accordance with the powers of arrest set out in section 24 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. In such an instance, that power might be exercised where a satisfactory address has not been furnished, or the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that arrest is necessary to prevent such a person causing physical injury to himself or any other person (see also other conditions in s24 of PACE).
(iv) The absence of a specific power of arrest in England and Wales affects the ability of the police to present any form of medical evidence of the accused's condition.
(v) There is no offence of 'being in charge' of a cycle under the Road Traffic Acts, but such conduct may well be an offence of drunk in charge of a carriage under section 12 of the Licensing Act 1872. A bicycle or tricycle is a carriage for the purpose of that section.
morecambe mick

Postby Suzi Quatro » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 pm

I would encourage people to cycle to the globe as oppose to using your car becasue it is healthier and think of the benefits to the environment. I believe that Morecambe Football club should give a reduced entry fee to those patrons who arrive on a bike. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suzi Quatro

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Suzi Quatro wrote:I would encourage people to cycle to the globe as oppose to using your car becasue it is healthier and think of the benefits to the environment. I believe that Morecambe Football club should give a reduced entry fee to those patrons who arrive on a bike. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They already do, they don't charge you to park your bike :!:

tch, some people :!: :!:

;)
morecambe mick

Postby ockers » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfJv5DZQc-I

is this what they get up to on a thursday night five a side then?

:o
ockers

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:39 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:Best of all unlike using the car you also get to go in the bar and have a few without the worry of losing your licence ;)

I think you are wrong.

Section 30 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, as amended by the Road Traffic Act 1991, provides the offence of cycling on a road or public place whilst under the influence of drink or drugs. It states:
30(1) A person who, when riding a cycle on a road or other public place, is unfit to ride through drink or drugs (that is to say, is under the influence of drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the cycle) is guilty of an offence.

NOTES

(i) The evidence of the extent to which a person is affected must be measured by means other than the provision of a specimen of breath, blood or urine, as there is no power to require such a specimen in these circumstances. However, if such a specimen was offered, it is probable that the evidence obtained by analysis of the specimen would be admissible.
(ii) In Scotland a constable may arrest without warrant a person committing an offence.
(iii) In England and Wales a constable may only arrest without warrant in accordance with the powers of arrest set out in section 24 of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. In such an instance, that power might be exercised where a satisfactory address has not been furnished, or the constable has reasonable grounds for believing that arrest is necessary to prevent such a person causing physical injury to himself or any other person (see also other conditions in s24 of PACE).
(iv) The absence of a specific power of arrest in England and Wales affects the ability of the police to present any form of medical evidence of the accused's condition.
(v) There is no offence of 'being in charge' of a cycle under the Road Traffic Acts, but such conduct may well be an offence of drunk in charge of a carriage under section 12 of the Licensing Act 1872. A bicycle or tricycle is a carriage for the purpose of that section.

Half of Morecambe's underworld don't seem to have been worried about this or anything else for that matter and they're always on their bikes (or somebody else's!)
HALMA 1983

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:41 am

Exactly. Who is going to enforce that law? Answer: Nobody. They always get away with it in this liberal do-what-you-want and forget the consequences to anyone society that we now live in.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:15 am

What I was implying was you could have a few (a couple of pints) and quite easily cycle home where as in the motor you'd be over, getting totally wasted and then cycling home is another matter as you've quite rightly pointed out Mick :?
HALMA 1983

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 am

I have been thinking of doing the same, as I cancycle straight to the stadium without having a ten minute walk over the bridge. The question to OLDHAMMADE is: will you still be cycling between November and March when it's cold, wet and DARK? :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 am

Sorry, that question is also to Mr.potato head too.
seasonsinthesun

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I have been thinking of doing the same, as I cancycle straight to the stadium without having a ten minute walk over the bridge. The question to OLDHAMMADE is: will you still be cycling between November and March when it's cold, wet and DARK? :o

If i'm honest most probably Walking as I only live in Heysham but I do use my push iron on a daily basis to go to and from work and that's 9pm till 6am, Darkness, cold and any amount of rain won't change that! ;)

Obviously it makes no sense at all to risk danger by using that cycle track in the darkness with any would be Dick Turpins in wait, so I suggest use a well lit area like the main road and get on yer bike AND SAVE THE GLOBE! erm sorry PLANET :oops:
HALMA 1983

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:43 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote: get on yer bike AND SAVE THE GLOBE! erm sorry PLANET :oops:

Brilliant !!! Very funny !!! :lol: :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Just out of interest OLDHAMMADE which way do you suggest I go when cycling to the Globe from Heysham Road near traffic lights at junction with Oxcliffe Road?
seasonsinthesun

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Just out of interest OLDHAMMADE which way do you suggest I go when cycling to the Globe from Heysham Road near traffic lights at junction with Oxcliffe Road?

Personally, if I was going that way, from the lights I'd go down Oxcliffe Road, past the BP garage, down the road and over the bridge with Fanny House Farm on your right at the other side of said bridge :? , follow the road round and then hang a left onto (I think its called) Westcliffe Drive.

Only thing being of course you've to mind how you go on Oxcliffe Road as it tends to be a very very fast road and a competition to see who can be the biggest top hat on there.

I cringe everytime I see pedestrians on that bridge sometimes.
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:41 pm

and there's another thing you don't know about that road...once the scary bridge has been negotiated, just after the farm on the right there is a house on the left with a big angry dog that makes its presence felt every time someone walks past, wonder if it's the same for cyclists :?
seasonsinthesun

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Probably needs a big dog constantly on its guard there ! Lovely, big house in such an isolated position !!!
Seasider9601

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Just out of interest OLDHAMMADE which way do you suggest I go when cycling to the Globe from Heysham Road near traffic lights at junction with Oxcliffe Road?

That's it I'm off to invest in a Tandem and we'll be there together twice as fast! ;)

Alas sorry but unless i'm off i'll miss every night game but Saturdays are alright as long as I can get my head down fast and be up no later than 2 :o

As for your route to the Globe i'd go the Seasider way as this is the fastest but if you want to take your time and have a safer journey then it's straight down the prom as far as Regent Rd then turn up it and carry on along it until you arrive at Paradise on your left 8-)
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Coming from Heysham end, I'd be getting to the lights and turning LEFT!

Go up over the rise, to The Cliffs, then down to the promenade. Turn right and cycle along there. Then turn right on to Regent Road/Westgate.

Longer but much nicer views and far safer too. .
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Shortest route mentioned 1.3 miles, my scenic/safer route 1.9 miles. At an average of 15mph it's just over 2 minutes longer to be by the sea rather than battling with the wheels of HGV's on a narrow road. I know which I'd prefer.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Or ther's the third way....down Oxcliffe, turn left at BP garage, along Fairfield Road, turn right into Balmoral Road, then before the Park Hotel lights turn right and straight down, take a left on to Osborne Road then right and over the bridge to the Theatre of Dreams on the left.
seasonsinthesun

Postby captain sparkle » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:06 am

....or down oxcliffe rd to garage, left down fairfield to junction with lordsome road (not accessible by motor vehicle) then down bumpity road by king georges playing field, past westgate wanderers new changing rooms, down (no) cycling way at bottom of balmoral road school, down osborne road, come out at bottom of railway bridge at regent road/westgate.
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Return to General Discussion