burton 3 v morecambe 2 F/T

Re: burton 3 v morecambe 2 F/T

Postby parceldave » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 am

[quote="RedRedWine"]I'm not saying that 4-4-2 is the answer or saying that 4-5-1 is wrong, I just think that going into each game using the same system against teams that play differently, have different players, and have different abilities is something that perhaps could be changed game to game, or even during a match when the initial system is not working? Perhaps Sammy thinks that 4-5-1 has given us the best chance of getting a result against each of the three league opponents we have played so far. I don't know....just trying to create a bit of the discussion around the game.

I wouldn't hold up Leeds United as a model of success to compare against on any level.

[/quote
Couldn't agree with you more , sticking with the same robotic system every game is madness and any opposing team can read you like a book. Formations if not working should be changed during a game and for different games , i.e home and away. Take the game at Wycombe , in the first half we got hammered but in the second we got back into it and had more possesion , but had nothing to show for it as we kept the same formation until the last 5 mins when Mullin and Duffy came on , far too late to make any difference. Each of the three league games now we have started 4-5-1 and not made changes until the last 5 mins Unbelievable. :roll:
parceldave

Re: burton 3 v morecambe 2 F/T

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:06 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Having seens the penalty on TV have to say I think we were a bit unlucky didn't look like a penalty :evil:

What, a tackle from behind going through the back of the player and tripping him up in the box isn't a penalty these days??? Nailed on IMO.
RedRedWine1

Previous

Return to General Discussion