Paul Mullin

Paul Mullin

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:39 pm

halftimeresults

Re: Paul Mullin

Postby George Dawes » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 pm

interesting comment on there, a bit like us at times last season one dimensional

I hope not. If we do we will be back to the long punt up field all game. Mully was a good servant but I don't think he is good enough now.

even though the quality of football were playing on the deck at the moment, id still keep Mullin as a alternative option to have in the squad
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Think we will keep him but he will be released at the end of the season.
heysham_mfc

Postby The Marksman » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:03 am

Seems like they want him to be a lone striker. We've seen him play that role before here, without much distinction, he's not nearly mobile enough. Both him and Jevons play much better as part of a front two - I don't think there are many players at league 2 level who can be an effective lone striker.
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:49 am

We have apparently turned down Accrington's offer

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 00,00.html

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... e/?ref=rss

Although after their new lads hat trick yesterday they may feel they no longer need him

(of course all this was on our o.w.s on Friday)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 pm

Under his picture on Skys page "Mullin wanted back at Morecambe" which, whilst technically true, isn't what they meant :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:48 pm

It's weird but you know as soon as Mullin was to pull on a Stanley shirt again he'd be scoring hatfuls :?
I've always admired this guy and to get the best out of him you have to play to his strengths, Looking at what we've got on the wings right now you can't say that he wouldn't get the service to put a fair few away but to do it he needs to play more games.
HALMA 1983

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:03 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:It's weird but you know as soon as Mullin was to pull on a Stanley shirt again he'd be scoring hatfuls :?
I've always admired this guy and to get the best out of him you have to play to his strengths, Looking at what we've got on the wings right now you can't say that he wouldn't get the service to put a fair few away but to do it he needs to play more games.

right now he looks a better option than Jevons although id like a look at Spencer
George Dawes

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 pm

Right now, playing one upfront, I'd say that Mullin is a better option that Jevons. But why play one upfront at all? Especially at home? Sammy clearly doesn't have that much faith in the system as he changes tact when the chips are down....why let it get to that situation in the first place?
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:32 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Right now, playing one upfront, I'd say that Mullin is a better option that Jevons. But why play one upfront at all? Especially at home? Sammy clearly doesn't have that much faith in the system as he changes tact when the chips are down....why let it get to that situation in the first place?

like i have said in previous posts, am all for starting a 4 5 1 away from home, and should certainly be playing with two strikers at home or when behind with nothing left to lose
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion