Postby fletch_al » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:03 pm

Same as last year and look where we finished
Attachments
table.jpg
table.jpg (107.37 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
fletch_al

Re: Im not worried

Postby MfcChris » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Yeah fletch but look at how Daggers and B'mouth started and they went up!

Come to think of it, the bottom 2 also went down and they were bottom after 3 games lol
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby fletch_al » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:10 pm

stil. Id happily take 4th again
fletch_al

Postby marky » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Indeed the only promoted side to have an indifferent opening 3 games was Rochdale. Interestingly the bottom 2 remained that way all season ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:55 pm

You have to remember we did go on long runs of good form to reach that position. I'm not sayting that we won't this season, but it is certainly worth considering. We need to start turning our good play into wins and become more consistent away from home if we want to build on last season.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:37 pm

and we went on that long good run by looking for wins away from home rather than draws and narrow snatch jobs. Why wait until after Christmas to start looking for wins? Two away games, two defeats, two defensive set ups. It's so frustrating because this is the best squad we've ever had so let's play with confidence.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Keith wrote:and we went on that long good run by looking for wins away from home rather than draws and narrow snatch jobs. Why wait until after Christmas to start looking for wins? Two away games, two defeats, two defensive set ups. It's so frustrating because this is the best squad we've ever had so let's play with confidence.

This puzzles me too. When we set out to attack and try to score goals, we look excellent. Why is it better to adopt a defensive formation at the start of the season or at home?

We may as well lose by playing attacking football and give the opposition something to worry about. We just aren't having a crack at goal either, loads of possession but nothing in the danger zone and absolutely no bite in or around the penalty area. During the good run last season we were lashing shots in from everywhere and it worked! Says it all when our new, dynamic midfielder Fleming is our only scorer. Perhaps he hasn't been brainwashed by Sammy and Lills yet?
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:11 am

Caged Lion wrote:This puzzles me too. When we set out to attack and try to score goals, we look excellent. Why is it better to adopt a defensive formation at the start of the season or at home?

We may as well lose by playing attacking football and give the opposition something to worry about. We just aren't having a crack at goal either, loads of possession but nothing in the danger zone and absolutely no bite in or around the penalty area. During the good run last season we were lashing shots in from everywhere and it worked! Says it all when our new, dynamic midfielder Fleming is our only scorer. Perhaps he hasn't been brainwashed by Sammy and Lills yet?

The home side were relentless in their search for more goals...

Obviously the commentator on the Football League Show was talking about Crewe... :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Aspers » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:37 am

We're a bit of an enigma really.
I think we have got a really strong squad and I believe we can beat any team in this league.
I just don't understand why we're not.
Sammy's a good manager, the team want to win.
I just don't get it.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 am

Aspers wrote:We're a bit of an enigma really.
I think we have got a really strong squad and I believe we can beat any team in this league.
I just don't understand why we're not.
Sammy's a good manager, the team want to win.
I just don't get it.

Because every season Sammy starts out with a line up designed to not concede goals and grab an odd one, so we win 1-0 or draw 0-0. And every season we prove that we aren't going to keep that many clean sheets. Then, in October/November/December, needing to chase the rest of the pack, he abandons the defensive line up and adopts the 'if you score three, we'll score four' attitude. At this point we close the gap, while playing entertaining football. I think I'm right in saying that Jevons has had one shot on target so far this season? What I find frustrating is that we have probably the best squad ever and we are still giving everyone else a head start! I have no doubts that we will do well again this season but looking for three draws in our first three games and only achieving one of those isn't the way to do it.

How about, next Saturday, the fans wear Christmas hats and sing Christmas carols??? :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Suffolk Shrimp » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 pm

I'll try anything as long as we get a win!!!
Suffolk Shrimp

Return to General Discussion