Burton predictions

Burton predictions

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 am

I am going for big improvement on last seasons visit to the pirelli...1-1 with jevons getting our goal
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Burton predictions

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:51 am

I want a bigger improvement Burton 1 Morecambe 3 (Rundle , Jevons and Stanley)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:43 am

burton 2 morecambe 5

Payback is a b****
thegentlegiant

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:46 am

I predict that Five Horses will have got her way :cry:
Plain Peter

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Unlikely that Burton will manage to thrash us again, indeed Morecambe are likely to gain revenge and we are going to see the beginning of the surge to Division 1.

Burton 2 Morecambe 3

Jevons (pen)
o.g.
Scott
Caged Lion

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Both teams yet to score a league goal, Burton yet to conceed, Morecambe likely to play one up front again. 0-0 on the cards. Enjoy the faggots!
RedRedWine1

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:37 am

If you want a programme at Burton takes a Wickes brochure, and see if they'll do a
like-for-like swap :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:07 am

Close game this one.

Burton 1 Morecambe 2 Jevons Rundle
heysham_mfc

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:02 am

I love away trips to Burton sadly I can't go this year as the facilities for away fans are great and they really look after you which makes you want to go back year after year.

I hope in time the Globe can provide similar facilties for away fans so away fans keep wanting to come back to us every season. That was always our biggest strength friendly club, best pies etc and I hope we aren't going to lose that now.

back to business Burton 1 v 2 Morecambe Jevons & Shuker
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 am

RedRedWine wrote:Both teams yet to score a league goal, Burton yet to conceed, Morecambe likely to play one up front again. 0-0 on the cards. Enjoy the faggots!

I'm with you. Very tight match, 0-0 or 0-1. Certainly can't see five goals in the game unless players are sent off!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 am

It's interesting how you all have faith in Phil Jevons. Remember, he hardly scored towards the end of last season, and in the two games so far, admittedly playing up front on his own, he has hardly come that close. However, he will probably score soon, so why not Saturday?
Bet he was a bit miffed that he couldn't have got the first goal at the Globe.
Btw this is not a negative post (for all you sensitive souls) just an opinion.
I am not anti Jevons either ;)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby jonnythedog » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am

Tough away game this one. I'll go with 1-1 and would be happy with that.

Goal will come from McCready swinging a boot following a goalmouth scamble off a corner. 8-)
jonnythedog

Postby MfcChris » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 pm

jonnythedog wrote:Tough away game this one. I'll go with 1-1 and would be happy with that.

Goal will come from McCready swinging a boot following a goalmouth scamble off a corner. 8-)

Can't be happy with a draw before the game has started to a side like Burton (even though they are good). We need to be beating these teams and moving up the table soon. Don't want another too slow start. We are going up.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Sides like Burton? Are we getting Bradford syndrome???
RedRedWine1

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:44 pm

MfcChris wrote:
jonnythedog wrote:Tough away game this one. I'll go with 1-1 and would be happy with that.

Can't be happy with a draw before the game has started to a side like Burton (even though they are good). We need to be beating these teams and moving up the table soon. Don't want another too slow start. We are going up.

To be honest there are not that many teams we will play this season and not fancy our chances just goes to show how far the club has come in so little time.
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Other than our generally poor away record for the last decade I guess you have a point Mr one liner. I'd fancy our chances against anybody at home, away from home less so. There are a lot of teams at this level that can say the same. I'd gladly take a draw now if it was offered.
RedRedWine1

Postby USA Shrimp » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

At least the curse of the international exile will not be upon you (unless Aspers is flying in).

My son still talks about Burton being a bunch of "cheating divers" :lol:
USA Shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Caged Lion wrote:Unlikely that Burton will manage to thrash us again, indeed Morecambe are likely to gain revenge and we are going to see the beginning of the surge to Division 1.

Burton 2 Morecambe 3

Jevons (pen)
o.g.
Scott

Edit: Burton winning 2-0 at half time then have goalie and best defender sent off. Jevons lashes in resulting penalty and Morecambe go on to win 5 goal thriller ;)

Crowd 2,830
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:03 am

Keith wrote:Certainly can't see five goals in the game unless players are sent off!

Well, that was a crap prediction wasn't it?! :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 am

Caged Lion wrote:
Caged Lion wrote:Unlikely that Burton will manage to thrash us again, indeed Morecambe are likely to gain revenge and we are going to see the beginning of the surge to Division 1.

Burton 2 Morecambe 3

Jevons (pen)
o.g.
Scott

Edit: Burton winning 2-0 at half time then have goalie and best defender sent off. Jevons lashes in resulting penalty and Morecambe go on to win 5 goal thriller ;)

Crowd 2,830

You mean "Burton go on to win 5 goal thriller" :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion