A neutral view of the Coventry game

A neutral view of the Coventry game

Postby Keith » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 am

I received the following e-mail. An interesting report although I think "they currently lie second bottom of league two (still the fourth division to me)" is a little harsh without pointing out that we've only played two matches, one against a team relegated from League One and the other against the losing play off finalists last season!

Hi Keith

I was just reading your Shrimps message board. I was down at Tewtfield Marina for a break recently and was fortunate enough to be in town for Morecambe's first game against Coventry at the Globe. I'm from Scotland and support Dumbarton FC so I always take an interest in community clubs where I'm visiting and I was delighted to witness the Shrimps' victory. I did a blog post with some pictures. I'm not going to bother registering on your site but if you'd like to pass on the link to my short article it's
http://bigrab.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/ ... nt-league/

Very Best

Robert Ryan
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: A neutral view of the Coventry game

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:04 am

Coventry beat Portsmouth on the opening day not Bristol City.
heysham_mfc

Re: A neutral view of the Coventry game

Postby CASS » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 am

Well Well ..I bet this "Son of the Rock" was stood in front of us during this game. He was jotting things down as the action happened and from his pic's he looks to have been in the same area as us. "Are you a thin bloke with a black biro and spider type hand writing ?"
Not as if we looked over his shoulder or owt ;)
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Return to General Discussion