Todays attendance

Re: Todays attendance

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:03 pm

campdave wrote:Playing devils advocate, the 3 defenders who struggled towards the end of last season and currently still are, are the same 3 defenders that coped well towards the start of the season.

...when they had a future England keeper behind them
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Keith wrote:
campdave wrote:Playing devils advocate, the 3 defenders who struggled towards the end of last season and currently still are, are the same 3 defenders that coped well towards the start of the season.

You beat me to it Keith :!:
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:17 pm

I can't actually believe what I'm about to say..but campdave is spot on with his assessment, but as Keith has pointed out we did have 'England's No1' at that time but since his unfortunate departure we've struggled.

Sammy did say, did he not, that the defence was a priority this past close season?
In my opinion very little has been done to rectify this crucial area.

Maybe with the rumours circulating yesterday of impending midfield signings that will take some of the pressure of the defence....providing that they can at the very least organise a defensive wall which on the evidence of the TV didn't do its job yesterday.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:28 pm

Keith wrote:

Ah yes, forgot about that minor point!
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:52 pm

Exactly 500 less home supporters than v Rotherham!

At a conservative guess that's a loss in revenue of a minimum £5000

Worrying?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 pm

It's quite simple. Poor form at the end of last season has continued at the start of this season, therefore less people will attend. The club can't afford for attendances to drop to such an alarming level and need results on the pitch to improve. I have no doubt Sammy will be aware of this.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:00 pm

durianmuncher wrote:On a practical note, if we could feed copious luscious segments of it to Mr Roche before a match, as well as doubtless receiving his personal boundless gratitude, no forward would dare trespass within 5 metres of him.

:lol:
In a few weeks me and Doris will be getting the overnight sleeper from Bangkok to Nong Khai on the Thai/Laos Border. I'm just hoping that none of our fellow travellers on that train are in anti-social mode and yomping on durian through the night.
Plain Peter

Postby Sammy h » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:16 pm

bunny wrote:One thing to say it proves who the supporters are.
Inless you have work or other commitments thats fine .
It just annoys me that people go and watch a team and only because there not doing to good at the time they cant be bothered to go and watch them. More support more chance of team putting out a good performance aswel.
Thats my opinion.

:lol: I just can't help myself from laughing at this guy
Sammy h

Postby marky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:18 pm

Cause and effect, bunny. If I lived in Morecambe I'd have a season ticket. However, there are many who go to be entertained more than anything else, or at least to see the team win/play well. It's cumilative this season. We ended pretty poorly last season so will have lost a few thanks to that. We've started this season as we finished the last so more will stop coming and those that have already gone will not come back. To re-attract those people, the team have to start winning.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:42 pm

admiral47 wrote:I know Daggers did not bring many away fans but 1500 is worrying and probably reflects the continuing poor form.

I actually intended to post a 'hopeful' message, by looking to see how many were there for the corrisponding fixture last season, expecting it to be quite low, as D&R never bring many with them.

2,754 in mid January.
1,571 in August :? :cry:

Our lowest home attendence since we played Woking in March 2007.

I've p'd myself off by looking that up :|
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:39 pm

...and pay day being a long way off can't be used as an excuse either..
Plain Peter

Postby The Red Knight » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:08 pm

Keith wrote:
admiral47 wrote:I know Daggers did not bring many away fans but 1500 is worrying and probably reflects the continuing poor form.

I actually intended to post a 'hopeful' message, by looking to see how many were there for the corrisponding fixture last season, expecting it to be quite low, as D&R never bring many with them.

2,754 in mid January.

I got shot down in flames earlier in the week by saying this but I'll say it again, the locals have got bored of / don't care about league football.

The fact that we were getting bigger crowds in the Conference shows that people are only interested if we are winning, regardless of what league we are in.
The Red Knight

Postby Duffman » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:13 pm

The Red Knight wrote:
Keith wrote:

2,754 in mid January.

I got shot down in flames earlier in the week by saying this but I'll say it again, the locals have got bored of / don't care about league football.

The fact that we were getting bigger crowds in the Conference shows that people are only interested if we are winning, regardless of what league we are in.

I agree with you, if we were pushing for promotion in the conference, there would be more positives surrounding the club but sadly the part-timers (with no disrespect) will look at the results, the league and how we played the last time they were at a game. The football we're playing is slow, unattractive and with very few clear chances being made. At the end of the day the paying fan wants to be entertained for their money, if they're not they won't come.
Duffman

Postby Aal » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:04 pm

A large bulk of our attendance relies on away fans and I'm sure there will be dwindling numbers of away fans because the novelty of visiting a new ground will have worn off. Apart from ourselves, Chester and Macclesfield all other league 2 attendances were over 3000.

Very worrying indeed. Hope I'm wrong but we could dip further as the winter kicks in. :(
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby slackAlice » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:34 pm

I think were going to have to get used to attendances hovering around the 1500 - 1600 mark. You can over analyse why the locals don't turn up to watch league football at Morecambe -Economic , although I noticed Barrow pulled in more than us @ home to Stevenage and I would of thought they were feeling the pinch as much as anybody else. Apart from the Bradford invasion :( we'll see attendences well down this season.
slackAlice

Postby sgt major » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:13 pm

Have heard the Shrewsbury fans have sold out their allocation - should boost the crowd as the Chelsea of League 2 visit Chrisite Park.
sgt major

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:20 pm

sgt major wrote:Have heard the Shrewsbury fans have sold out their allocation - should boost the crowd as the Chelsea of League 2 visit Chrisite Park.

great if they have lets just hope more than 1200 hope supporters turn up :?
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:31 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
sgt major wrote:Have heard the Shrewsbury fans have sold out their allocation - should boost the crowd as the Chelsea of League 2 visit Chrisite Park.

great if they have lets just hope more than 1200 hope supporters turn up :?

None of our supporters have "hope" ;)
Bare Ben

Previous

Return to General Discussion