Burnley allocation sold out

Burnley allocation sold out

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Burnley have sold all their tickets for Tuesday. It's gonna be a full house I think.

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page ... 96,00.html
New_Ground_Watcher

Re: Burnley sold out

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Some of their fans have also bought tickets in other areas of the arena, there will be more of them than us :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Some of their fans have also bought tickets in other areas of the arena, there will be more of them than us :!:

They may not have more fans than us on the night, but Burnley fans are a lively bunch and will turn up the volume. It is going to be interesting.
Caged Lion

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 am

Caged Lion wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:Some of their fans have also bought tickets in other areas of the arena, there will be more of them than us :!:

They may not have more fans than us on the night, but Burnley fans are a lively bunch and will turn up the volume. It is going to be interesting.

I just hope it all passes off without any crowd trouble, that's the last thing we need with having a new ground.Burnley do have an element in their ranks that like to cause problems.
Hope there are plenty of police around on the night, and that they keep the away following in the Bay Radio Stand back for half an hour whilst Shrimps fans get away from the ground, otherwise I can see problems.
The quote above worries me. Do you mean that some Burnldy fans have bought tickets in home fans' areas i.e.Blocks B,C,D,E in the main stand? If so, I can see potential for trouble.
Hope this isn't the case. Of course, I am not generalising, as I am sure lots of Burnley fans are absolutely okay. Hope Burnley fans have only got tickets in Block A where they should be.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby trojan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:48 pm

The potential for "meaningful exchanges of views" between rival fans in blocks A and B is just waiting to happen with , as far as I can see, no means of stopping an incident occuring. By time stewards/police arrive it will be too late. One just hopes that cctv does it's job .
trojan

Postby stevanshrimp » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:02 pm

[quote="trojan"] By time stewards/police arrive it will be too late.

I would very much hope that they are already there!
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Re: Burnley allocation sold out

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:39 am

FFS grow up and stop fretting.

Peter, Rod et al will already have everything covered, so stop worrying.

The majority of the Burnley fans will be local residents anyway, but even if it was a "mobbed up mafia" in the new home stand, wtf are they going to get out of taking us anyway ?, like its ever going to be bragged about and written in the "hooligans yearbook 2010/11 " that the mighty Burnley took over the small family club Morecambe - c'mon its like bragging that a school 6th former beat up the new kid 1st year - not worth it. Burnley have a vocal following which is fantastic. IMO they're not idiots.

In 30 years of following, I think I've only seen trouble at a Morecambe match 5 times and 3 of them were away ! We don't want trouble that's why we don't get involved, maybe thats the soft approach but thats the best way, don't let the football ruin your day put and all that. FFS we have enough trained killers and lads who have big fists who follow the shrimps, if that was what it's all about, BUT ITS NOT.

In my time, this is the biggest professional cup tie we have ever had. Yeah Ipswich ( x2) were fantastic as was Hull ( twice again ) and even York ( PNE was brilliant first time, but 2nd time lets forget), but what comes close to Burnley at home ?

Only somebody like United, City or Liverpool would better this draw, and they were'nt in it.

So let's enjoy it for what it is. Yes I expect us to get stuffed, as I did against Coventry, Wolves, PNE, so what, this is a massive night for us, lets leave the worrying to the professionals who deal with this and look after all this detail.

No need to scaremonger

Mike ( an exile )
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:18 am

"trained killers" :o
"no need to scaremonger"
Oh that's all right then considering your post time! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:32 am

an excellent post from Mike and to have been so well written at twenty-to-four in the morning can only suggest he's working nights! 8-)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:32 am

Or he's that excited about causing trouble himself he couldn't sleep :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:37 am

I think we are all worrying about something that isn't going to happen, although if it does, the big mud piles on the way in have nice planks and other hard objects that could be used :twisted: :lol: :lol:

But no, at least we never got Millwall away ey!
I can't see there being to much trouble and im sure the police will have adequate numbers to make sure nothing happens to anyone :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:13 am

Well, I didn't know that.
"Trained killers and lads who have big fists who follow the Shrimps."
Now I feel a lot happier, but I'm thinking of the identity of the aforementioned, who could they be???
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion